“"Like a paradise"”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay
Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We went there last Nov 29- Dec.1 to celebrate my baby's 2nd birthday together with my husband and my friend...All of us are just first timers in Boracay, so we really want best experienced. It really took me so long before decided on what hotel to go but with the help of trip advisor I finally had peace of mind to choose Microtel Inns and Suites. We really had a long trip since we just had the Kalibo route but friendly staff of Microtel were there at the Caticlan's jetty port to accompany us and help us on our baggages. Finally we arrived at Microtel and to our surprise some of the staff are already waiting for us gave us leis and welcome drinks. We really felt so welcomed. We chose the double room, it's simple but elegant I should say worth for the money we pay since they gave me 60% off.We rest for an hour then went down to check the place the ambiance looks romantic at night. We even saw foreigners having romantic dinner. Then, we went to the main beach to see the place and have our dinner. It's indeed nice place also. D'mall has lots of boutique especially for souvenir items.On our second day, we woke up early to experience the sunrise and their free breakfast. It's an English breakfast.They have assigned dish for a specific day so you cannot select what you want.The only thing you can are the type of egg,type of drinks and two categories for the processed meat.I enjoyed it so much even w/o rice since I am very much concern about my figure. But my hubby and my friend did not enjoy the food since they really prefer heavy breakfast. They are not satisfied with the little serving of the food. After breakfast we went upstairs again to decorate our room for my son's birthday. We put balloons straight from Manila so those are customized.They also prepared birthday cake and balloons for my baby due to my request. The cake was brought by 5 of their staff then sung birthday song. What a memorable birthday experienced for my baby. After the celebration went down to experience Diniwid beach. Very private and very beautiful, we spend our time there and rest with their very comfy couch with umbrella.
Feels like heaven or should I say like paradise being there in microtel resort...perfectly located in station 1..very private and serene afar from the busy and crowded place from stations 2 and 3. The nice and beautiful beach is just in front of the hotel over looking in their premium rooms, which we really enjoy because of the calming and refreshing view...When we are there I really feel the tranquility I have been looking for after the all the stressful work in Manila. I feel all my stress were gone and wanting to stay there for a long time. We will surely go back there.

1  Thank ghie17
microtel-boracay, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Thank you for the chance you gave our team to help out in making your son's birthday celebration a memorable experience for him while the whole family enjoy a stress-free stay with us. We are also grateful for your time to post a review and your high ratings on our location, staff service and facilities. We took note of your comment on our breakfast menu and please be assured that we will take action to improve the quality.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 1, 2011

We had the best experience staying in Microtel in Boracay. The rooms were very clean, excellent staff, very good food at "Mama's Fish House" plus excellent service. The beach is very nice and quiet. They have a nice, clean pool. Very family friendly. We'll surely come back here!

1  Thank Maggie K

It is our team's pleasure to know that you and your family had a wonderful time while staying with us. We thank you for taking time to post a review about your experience and for posting excellent ratings on our location, service and facilities.

We look forward to having you and your family soon at Microtel Boracay!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Small hotel but clean. Staff are friendly and kindly. It takes 10 mins to D'mall and hotel provides free shuttle bus. There are less people on the beach. I made a proposal there and hotel helped me set up a sand sculpture and romantic beach dinner. That's a great experiance.

Room Tip: Beach view room is better.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles888

Thank you for giving us opportunity to be of assitance in making your romantic proposal a great experience for you and your future bride. We appreciate that you took time to post a review on your visit. An excellent rating from you, a TripAdvisor senior reviewer, means so much to me and our team.

Again, thank you and congratulations!

Reviewed November 27, 2011

...great location AWAY from all the other bigger touristy hotels on the Island. You practically get your very own beach, Diniwid Beach, and still enjoy the white sand. Very clean facilities and AMAZING seafood from Mama's Seafood Kitchen. The staff is AWESOME, sweet and nice very hospitable besides the fact Filipino's are already hospitable people. All a great package...to top it off very affordable!

One bit of issue, mis-communication on transport to-from port and hotel. The customer service line is hard to reach. We suggest you send EMAILS way ahead of time and confirm the pick up times. BUT the staff totally made up for it and went above and beyond to fix everything and make our stay MEMORABLE.

Room Tip: Should ALWAYS request ocean-view...every place I stay!
1  Thank EVilleNYC

Thank you for taking time to write a review following your visit with us. We are delighted to know that our team helped in making your Boracay vacation memorable to you and your family. We also appreciate the high ratings you gave us on location, service and hotel value for price paid.

We look forward to having your family back at Microtel Boracay!

Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband is usually particular in choosing an accommodation. He was adamant to stay in Microtel due to the review on the location. After showing him the photos and sharing with him the other pleasant reviews, he agreed to book just the same. After our stay, I was glad to hear good words from him regarding the hotel, its amenities and the staff. The location turned out to be a minor concern due the efficient shuttle. My kid loved the pool. I liked the beachfront which is just a few steps from the hotel. They managed to arrange for us a reasonably priced island tour. Thanks Microtel. Overall, it was a pleasant first stay. My family plans to try Microtel Palawan on our next vacation.

Room Tip: If travelling as a couple, no need to book a suite. The sofa which can be made into an extra bed may...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
microtel-boracay, Resident Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

We are happy to know that your family had a pleasant stay with us and we thank you for taking time to post your experience here in TripAdvisor. Our team looks forward to be of service to you again here in Boracay or in our Puerto Princesa property for your next vacation.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Microtel Boracay for 4 days and 3 nights. I was impressed by the location of the hotel, the facilities, the excellent service and the professionalism of all the staff (including the security and transport).

1. Security. They have 24 hour security personnel visible at all times at the entrance and at the beachfront. We didn't mind leaving our valuables including cameras while enjoying the white beach at Diniwid. They have a safe deposit box where we frequently left our jewelry, cash, etc. whenever we go outside the hotel. For us this is number 1. That is why we did not rent cheap hotels and apartments.

2. Location/Shuttle. Diniwid is quite a long walk by the beach from station 1 and getting a tricycle using the main road to station 1 would cost you P100 (one way). Microtel is at the end of Diniwid road and is also a long walk from the main road. But they have a FREE shuttle from 8 am to 12 midnight that can take you from the hotel to Dmall and vice versa. We used this complimentary ride everyday of our stay.
Because of the LOCATION of the hotel, we had a very relaxing stay at BORACAY. Since it is far from station 1 and 2, we were spared from the noise associated with activities of Boracay during our stay from Oct. 31 to Nov. 3. The front beach access of the hotel is perfect- we felt like we owned the beach and the sunset for ourselves. It has the same dramatic sunset as in the white beach.

3. Service. We felt like VIPs in the hotel. The staff were nice and respectful and they look smart in their uniform. If we needed anything, I just called the operator. Once, I asked for the location of the nearest Roman Catholic Church and Mass schedule, and I got what I needed to know including the telephone number of the parish office. Twice a day I would go to the front desk to deposit some things in the safety deposit box and they were always there to assist me.

4. Cleanliness. Every part of the hotel was kept clean and dry. The deluxe room with beach view was always cleaned and request for change in linen, bed sheets, and toiletries was very easy. Beach towels are always available for everyone using the pool or would go to the beach.

5. Food. The food was quite expensive for us so we just ate the complimentary breakfast; but for lunch and dinner, we always dined outside which was sometimes more expensive. I wish they served buffet instead of plated meals for breakfast. They have 24 hour unlimited supply of free coffee, tea and water at the hallway and lounge.

6. Room. The deluxe room was spacious. The beds are enough for 4 people. The queen sized beds are so comfortable. I just wish they have an extra table beside each bed and another for my laptop. I just used the small dresser table beside the cabinet. The aircon unit at 201 was not that cool nut was also neither bad that we did not bother to call the operator. The ceiling fan compliments the ventilation from the aircon esp at noon time. The beach view from our balcony was great.

7. Etc. The beach beds they have were always made available as soon as the sun rises and these are classy looking beds unlike those from adjacent hotels. I felt like a don relaxing in front of the white beach and the staff seeing to it that you have shade when the sun gets too warm or glaring. Newspapers were always available at the lobby, cable TV was good, WIFI from our room at 201 was OK for I managed to open my emails and FB account to update my status; and never bothered to go down the lobby for better signal, since I was satisfied with the WIFI connection in our room. They have a pool which my wife really appreciated.

We thank Microtel Boracay for making our stay in Boracay pleasurable and memorable.

Room Tip: Deluxe room with beach view has refrigerator.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrRichard_L

We are delighted to know that you and your wife had a relaxing and memorable stay with us and we thank you for taking time to post your experience here in TripAdvisor. Our team truly appreciate the excellent ratings you gave on our location, facilities and services. It is also encouraging to hear that you appreciated the security and safety we provided at the Hotel.

Please also know that we are currently in the process of changing our defective aircon units and that room 201 has now a new one.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Microtel Boracay for 4 days and 3 nights. The trip to Boracay was also also my birthday celebration and the stay at Microtel Boracay made it the best experience. We liked everything the hotel has to offer. Day 1 when we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed with sweetest smile of the receptionist and the guy who helped us with our bags. My boyfriend so loved that cold towel handed to us matched with the welcome drinks, which really helped to make us even more at ease after the tiresome travel. I liked it that our hotel room was always clean and made up each day as we come from our day activities in the island. Every staff is very accommodating. The food at the Mama Fish house restaurant was great and we like the pretty girls at the restaurant who were very helpful and accommodating. Towels were always ready as we stay at the beach to swim or even just to hang out by the beach. I think the location of the hotel is perfect for us because its far from the busy area of white beach. My boyfriend and I are not into partying and we just wanted to relax and unwind, so the hotel location was perfect for us. Being at a front beach hotel, we needed not to take a long walk just to go to the beach plus we don't have to worry about leaving our stuff at the benches by the beach because there is a life guard is always there to look after our things too. We also love the massages that you can have right by the beach or poolside, just ask anyone from the hotel staff. its all worth the time searching for the best hotel for us. I also love the complimentary coffee, which what actually made me decide on staying there... Hehehe! Thanks Microtel Boracay! We'd love to come back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review and telling us about your wonderful experience during your recent stay with us. It is most encouraging to know that you and your boyfriend appreciated the service you received from our staff as well as the location and facilities we offered. Rest assured that we will continue this practice to further improve our standards.

Yes, please do come back. Our team look forward to welcoming you back soon.