“Don't bother”

Ranked #81 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
travelling
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2007

This place was quite a disappointment. In fact we spent much of our vacation eyeing up other hotels, comparing prices and wishing we had stayed elsewhere. We even checked out 2 days early to spend the remainder of our stay at a romantic little place we found.
To sum up, the place was very shabby. Linens were very poor quality, beds uncomfortable. The general standard of service was poor, and the location was unpleasant - on the shabbiest part of the beach, with lots of vendors. And there was something unmentionable floating in the pool and when we mentioned it to the staff they only laughed!
We did a little research and found so many nicer places for the same price or even less, so don't bother with this one. We will be back but not to La Carmela.

• Liked — Leaving it!
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
15 Thank wendyw00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manhattan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2007

This place ranks as the worst place we have ever stayed during a vacation. We decided to stay at this place because my aunt had booked their room here. The outside of the hotel and the lobby look okay, but the rooms are terrible. Everything from the towels to the sheets to the appliances are not good quality. I paid $90 per night and it's worth about $35 per night. We were put in a semi-deluxe room on the 3rd floor and the ceiling started leaking. There's an attic upstairs and it rained very hard the night before. So we requested a different room. When we got to the new room, the telephone was not working. It's very important for me to use the phone as I needed to make calls to the US to check on my family. Then during breakfast, I went by the beach and reserved three beach chairs. They set them aside for me. But after I had changed into my bathing suit and taken care of the room switch, I went to the beach and was told that all the beach chairs are taken. I'll never stay at this place again or recommend it to anyone I like. The only thing good about this place is it's near a dive shop. Not worth my money.

• Liked — near dive shop
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
21 Thank lumpia916

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Travelers also viewed these Boracay hotels
Le Soleil de Boracay
Alta Vista de Boracay
#55 of 147 in Boracay
Surfside Boracay Resort & Spa
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Boracay

Been to La Carmela de Boracay? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Carmela de Boracay

Property: La Carmela de Boracay
Address: Station 2, Balabag Boracay Island | Malay Aklan, Aklan Province, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Visayas > Panay Island > Aklan Province > Boracay
Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool
#48 On the Beach Hotel in Boracay
Hotel Class:3 star — La Carmela de Boracay 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your La Carmela de Boracay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Carmela De Boracay Hotel Boracay