“enjoyable stay :)”

Ranked #101 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Bradford, United Kingdom
“enjoyable stay :)”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My cousins and I stayed in this hotel resort for 3d2n and thought it was good value for money. Overall we thought the place was average compared to other resorts. The pool was the first thing that caught my attention to this place, thinking that it was huge but disappointingly it wasn't. It was quite a major let down as I wanted to dive in to the pool and experience the resorts' facilities. The room we had was not exactly beachfront although we did request it to be. The room size was just right for 3 people and included a sky satellite for tv, airconditioning and a safe vault. The only downturn was there was no bath math provided..The aircon was lovely leaving the room cold for hours after switch off and there was surprisingly little noise made in the corridor although we were near the reception and the swimming pool area. There hotel is known to have access to free Wi-Fi but the only disadvantage was it was located within the restaurant and travelling there to use the free access was unnecessary. The hotel though offers Wi-Fi access with charge depending on the length of use. I must say that although some of the rooms looked a bit run down, every single room was maintained very cleaned and can be ordered to be cleaned whilst your away. The staff's were very attentive and friendly at all times and does look after their guests. I think this is what builds the place up the most. Overall, La carmela de Boracay is an enjoyable experience and though it only sums up a 3 star for me, I would return to this resort again. I wouldn't recommend this hotel much to business travellers though unless the hotel resort reduces its price on Wi-Fi room accessibility or alternating to a free usage within the hotel at all times :) In conclusion, I would recommend this hotel mostly for families, friends and solo, as its a friendly and reasonably priced hotel resort.

Room Tip: If you love to use Wi-Fi, I suggest you book a room close to the buffet dining area as this is where...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ML A, Manager at La Carmela de Boracay, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing La Carmela de Boracay for your recent vacation. We are delighted to hear from you that you enjoyed your stay with us.Looking forward to seeing you again on your next vacation. God Bless!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 30, 2013

we stayed in La Carmela for 3 days. It was as average hotel. rooms were clean but had a major issue with the drainage in the bathroom. it was clogged the whole time we were there. reported it several times but no one came to assist us. if your just looking for a decent place to stay for a day or two, this hotel would be fine. but don't expect a excellent customer service from the reception as most of them were rude. (especially the ladies). Also, their towels are all worn out. they should consider replacing them.

Room Tip: Request for a room in the new building opposite the old one.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing La Carmela de Boracay for your recent vacation in Boracay Island. We appreciate your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon! God Bless!
Cabanatuan City, Philippines
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed in La Carmela for three days and did not encounter any issues except for the breakfast but not really a big deal (a bit salty corned beef :p )

When I got there, check-in is fast (Main Building) and the room assigned to me is on the third floor. Standard room is descent, with two double beds, can accommodate max of 4 pax but I stayed solo so I did have a lot of space.

The rate is okay compared for other same category hotel (do not expect a five star treatment for that price).

Washroom is clean and well-functioning with sufficient water pressure.

Had to buy the "100 peso for one hour" in-room internet access card" and thought that was not so reasonable but I got no choice for I have a pending business.

Overall, the hotel's shortcomings are not really an issue for me for I did not intend to stay in the room all day. It's Boracay anyway. As long as I have an comfortable bed which they did provide, I'm okay with that!

Room Tip: Request a room on the main or executive wing so you won't need to walk far to the beachfront. El...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying at La Carmela de Boracay! We really appreciate your positive feedback and for taking time to share your wonderful experience with us. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! God Bess! :)
Pasay
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my second stay in La Carmela and just like what I've said in my first review last May 2013, the hotel is for budget travellers so do not expect 5-star facilities. Location is the best asset of this property. Also, the price is good for a beachfront property, a clean and airconditioned room and free breakfast. But let me get to some points that they need to improve on soon, or the location and price will no longer be a reason for me to stay here again on my future trips to Boracay. First, the molds in the bathroom door were very obvious. I can clearly say that they do not clean the bathroom properly. Second, the free wifi in the dining area is slower than the last time I was there. The room we stayed in at the 4th floor (A27) had no view as it was in the attic, had only a little window and had minimal lighting. Also, request for late checkout is quite steep. We had a late flight and we asked about how much it would cost us to stay until 4pm. The receptionist told us that we can only stay until 3pm and we had to pay P1,250 for a 3 hour extension. The price was a few hundred pesos shot of an entire night's stay if you book online! I do not mind paying but at least make the prices reasonable. Lastly, the breakfast was very awful. I know cheapness has a price, but take it from me, quality need not to be expensive.

Room Tip: For standard rooms, choose the one at the ground floor, the once at the aisle going to the dining ar...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KingSevens
ML A, Manager at La Carmela de Boracay, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. We always consider feedbacks from our guests to improve our services and develop a product that would be ahead of our peers in the tourism market/segment that we would like to serve. We would like to provide some inputs through your travel advisory sites in order to put in proper perspective our services and products vis-à-vis guest expectation. As we do believe that some of the feedback/comments may have arise that guests may have some expectation of services that are way beyond of our category.
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We've been here twice, overall, the room is clean, nice and decent. Though it is small. Also, the staff lacks personal touch with their guests. Something special is missing in this place and I don't know what that is. Still, it was a good value for money!

Want to know more? send me a tweet at nathan11sison :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ML A, Manager at La Carmela de Boracay, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at La carmela de Boracay! We really appreciate hearing about your good experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. God Bless!
Angeles City, Angeles, Philippines
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The room we had was alright considering what we paid for. It was also fully booked.

The location is so-so. It depends on your idea of Boracay. If it's about the beach then it's good, it's a few steps away from the beach (But so is most of the other hotels & guest houses with much lower price).
If you prefer partying then it's not too good, it's a bit far from the Party Scene. 5 mins walk to Summer Place and 6-7 Mins walk to Epic Bar.
If you feel like doing water activities such as para-sailing, helmet diving etc. then it's really really far. I'd say 12 mins walk (and yes you have no choice but to walk) to the dock stations & registration booth of water activities.

The WORST breakfast I ever had. You walk in to a room full of mess, the coffee/juice is self serving (which is alright) but how can I prepare my coffee if the cups are all used up and no one is cleaning the coffee station. Sugar/Creamer are all used up, only brewed coffee in the container is available, Juice is warm. I had to wait 15-20 mins before they can even replenish cups and condiments. It was also an ala carte breakfast and you have to choose between rice/hotcakes, scrambled/sunny side up egg, chicken adobo/corned beef/ and some other choices such as sausage/hotdogs which are not available anyway. I ordered rice, chicken adobo and scrambled egg. We waited for about 30-40 mins before the food arrived, and when we got it they got the egg wrong. The rice was cold and hard and the adobo taste like I don't know! You can get that type of food for 30 pesos in a carinderia, probably much faster and tastier. I hope they don't include breakfast anymore if they can't accommodate guests.

It was a huge disappointment specially how the staff treat us. I can see one of their staff texting in the corner while most of the guests are waiting for the cups to be replenished. I even saw one of the guests follow up their order but one of the staff member just looked them in the eye and left. The guest just said (Ang sungit naman).

Morning is the worst day you can ever disappoint a person. They will never ever forget about it and might make or break their day. If the coffee was available right away I would've calmed down.

We immediately checked out and transferred to a different guest house which was more comfortable, really cheap no hassle and everything is beyond your reach.

I'm sorry La Carmela, but I'm never coming back.

NOTE: If you can afford La Carmela then you too can afford La Soleil, almost the same, but La Soleil breakfast is better, location wise the best.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jinkinita
We always consider feedbacks from our guests to improve our services and develop a product that would be ahead of our peers in the tourism market/segment that we would like to serve. We would like to provide some inputs through your travel advisory sites in order to put in proper perspective our services and products vis-à-vis guest expectation. As we do believe that some of the feedback/comments may have arise that guests may have some expectation of services that are way beyond of our category. Although, it is quite a complimentary for being compared among the best in the industry but we feel we have to clarify several issues/comments.

Our breakfast is complimentary and is not included on the room rates to give price flexibility to our guests. If guests would like to pay for their breakfast or order the food they would like to serve to them we have options for breakfast at affordable rates. Breakfast normally costs in the range of P400-P500 or $22-$25 at four (4) star hotels.

Many of the guests are in the nature of guests rating us or comparing us to hotels of higher category. Although it may sound complimentary being measured among the best and of higher category we find it desirable for us to be placed in a proper perspective to avoid any misunderstanding. Nevertheless, we could not maintain an occupancy rate of 70-80 percent even during the low season in Boracay Island, if our guests do not receive value for the money they spent on us.
As part of our system to improve our product and services, we allow our management personnel to travel abroad for them to have the opportunity and compared our hotel with other hotels in other countries, and we could say that we have a better service and quality of rooms than hotels of the same category.

Much as we would like to provide good services and reasonably priced room rates, there are still areas in our operation that may we need to improve. We consider your travel advisory our valuable source for us to know what are the things in our operation that need adjustments and corrections. We are in an industry that prosper if we can meet the expectations of customers.

Finally, we would like to apologize to our guests if their expectations were not met when they stay with us. We recommend to check our website at www.lacarmeladeboracay.com for the rates and of h type of room and we have photos to assist our guests in making their reservations or bookings. Thank you!

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Las Piñas, Cavite, Philippines
Reviewed October 22, 2013

When going to Boracay, my family always stay at this hotel.
When my sister got married, we opted La Carmela because the people are very accomodating, easy to deal with and very warm. (Kudos to Yong Amodia and Love!) They have function rooms and beach set up as well.
Booking online is easy.
Cheap rates.
Rooms, not that good (but you cannot expect a 5-star hotel type when paying low rates) and anyways, we didn't go to Boracay just to stay in a hotel.
Toilet and bath are tolerable.
Breakfast, well an ala-carte menu for 2 is inclusive but if you want to have a buffet breakfast you can just add Php 130.00 (i think).
To sum it up, La Carmela is on top of my list when looking for a hotel in Boracay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Checheroo
ML A, Manager at La Carmela de Boracay, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
La Carmela de Boracay Resort Hotel is an AA resort hotel, located in Station 2, Balabag, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan, offering beachfront convenience to our guests. Our rates and business model make us popular among vacationers who travel in groups. Conde Nast one of the top travel magazine voted La Carmela de Boracay Resort Hotel as one of the top notch cheap hotels in Boracay Island a recognition that is consistent with our desire to provide quality service and of good hotel rooms at prices affordable to many price conscious travelers.
La Carmela De Boracay Resort Hotel appreciates very much the various reviews and messages in your travel advisory. The many posts and messages we believe is something that we have to live with being in a leisure and hospitality business where customer satisfaction is a must and a measure. Being subject to regular reviews we consider it as an indication that our business model gained acceptance among tourists going to Boracay Island.The management of La Carmela de Boracay Resort Hotel would like to thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. Looking forward of seeing you in your future Boracay Trip.