“perfect for large groups”

La Carmela de Boracay
Ranked #102 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here as part of an office outing. We're a group of 30 individuals and we were housed in rooms good for four. The rooms are quite small, but with good a/c, cable tv and en suite t/b. Shower is hot (warm?) But there's no external temp control for it. Staff are pleasant and accommodating. The hotel comes with a pool that's okay with kids so those who'll bring their families will have tons to do. There's a fire dance show (the cultural part I found disconcerting and mildly offensive but the fire show was awesome!) Every evening so I'd suggest you avail of the buffet dinners. It's also close to the shopping area, which is a great bonus. Regarding the price, I can't really comment since it's an all-expense paid trip. I will say though that those of you planning to get tattoos should reconsider this place because they have a strict policy regarding henna stains on their towels and sheets. All in all, quite okay.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank kristinemaemd
There are newer reviews for La Carmela de Boracay

Reviewed March 20, 2013

So-so. Good for people who are not picky and don't mind the crowd. Bathroom was filthy and hot and cold shower wasn't working well. Their drains clogged up. Not really the perfect hotel that you want. Although their location is good since it's in station 2. The food was good but don't expect a lot. Some staffs are courteous, some are not. Just not the hotel that I will recommend. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Breakfast was so so. Bulgogi and kimchi tasted anything like it. We requested for a room clean up and even asked the cleaners who told us we were 4th in the line up. When we got back after 5 hrs our room was still uncleaned we had to call and request again at 8:30 pm and wait for them to fiish while my kid was dripping wet in the terrace. A big part of the miniscule terrace was occupied with stagnant water that wont go out of the drain. The vault in the room was busted and cant be fixed so i had to carry all my valuables everytime we hit the beach. Water in the shower was very weak and the hot water comes and goes..everytime the nextdoor occupants talks we can actually just listen in to them. And to top it all I requested for a late check out and was willing to pay for it 2 days before our actual departure and did it again the next day. The front desk called me and gave me 30 minutes to pack everything at 12:00! When I went down their alibi was they were not informed by the people manning the front desk before them! Were never going back to this place! It is one nightmare after another!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank geraldine682000
Reviewed March 14, 2013

we were there last July 2012... we occupied a room in the attic... it was comfortable except that when it rained, there was a leak which caused rain droplets at my head board, more so that there were heavy down pours during our stay... plus there was a rat that shared with our chips while we were out during our second day... on the brighter side, the staff were polite and always greet guests with smile, the room and halls were clean and the food served at their resto was okay... i can still consider la carmela on my next visit to bora... i'm sure the leak has been fixed and the rat is gone, though i may opt for other hotel..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nora103
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We spent 3D2N in La Carmela. When we reached the jetty, there was transport to take us to the hotel. As we arrived, we were greeted by refreshing juice while waiting to check-in. The staff were great and friendly. A smile every where you go! The room was average. My room was on the 2nd floor. what i didnt like about it was when we opened the door of the balcony, all we saw was a wall...not even a garden if not the sea. That was the only disappointment i had. Room was clean and air conditioning was good. I had breakfast and lunch at the hotel. Food was yummy and variety was aplenty. At night we had a performance by dancers that blew fire. They were awesome. Very good. Acceptability to the beach was good. Overall.....loved spending my birthday there and wont mind going back again. Selamat!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

As advertised through different media, I believe this hotel is overrated.

We stayed in one of their Executive Deluxe rooms in the Executive wing, 4F, early this month.

PROS
- Hotel Staff are generally friendly and accommodating
- It has an elevator so you won't have a hard time going to your room if you are staying in the upper floors
- Its location is right in the middle of the island beside the busy areas so you are near the shopping areas, restaurants, party area, etc..

CONS
- Their swimming pool doesn't smell good and it seems the water hasn't been changed regularly. To be honest, the water smells like [--]. My child and I had been arguing the whole time since she wants to swim in the pool and I wouldn't allow her
- The Air conditioner is only 0.75 HP and cannot make the room cool enough for the four of us staying in the room
- The Hot and Cold Shower is not functioning as it should be at times. I've experienced taking a shower after swimming, that's around 7 PM, and I was able to enjoy the lukewarm water, then suddenly the water became very cold, as if the hot water supply has stopped functioning.
- The water pressure is very low and it takes a lot of time for us to be able to wash our stuff completely (maybe because we are in 4F?)

Overall, our stay is OK, but as I've said, i believe it is overrated and I am not expecting this hotel to have CONS as listed above since it is being endorsed by celebrities and public figures.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shuttleMaster
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here and the rooms is small than they project in the pictures, the food is low class, the rooms are unkempt we stayed in the executive wing jr. Panorama suite (we upgraded our)The customer service is worst, when we arrived we waited 30 minutes to be picked up other hotel transfers are seamless. This hotel is worst value for your money. There are much better hotels you can get. Bad experience.

• Stayed: March 2013