“Excellent & 100% reccommended plus great value!!!”

La Carmela de Boracay
Ranked #90 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Excellent & 100% reccommended plus great value!!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very friendly and charming staffs, nice rooms but the most i like was the toilet/bath.Very affordable and you won't regret...highly reccommended :) very neat and tidy rooms...lovely foods in their restaurant :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Shanthel Bell O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manila
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have a whole family vacation and quite excited because its our 1st time to travel along with my 4 kids and hubby . I want this vacation be a great one even our budget is not that much. I got my booking through internet, Upon arrival in LA CARMELA DE BORACAY we are surprised because the hotel's policy is asking for a 2 thousand pesos deposit I'm quite irritated because its my 1st time to hear a hotel is asking for deposit in your stay even its already PAID. The hotel staff explained everything that if we check out we're going to refund the money , so I counted all the money that we needed because going to and pro in Boracay they have plenty of taxes to be paid and we rented a car to bring us back to Kalibo..for our flight to manila. La carmela's policy is if you have body tattoo and get stained their bedding the idea of the deposit will not be refunded because they check all the blankets even its only a dot they will charge you, my 16 year son had body tattoo but he did not stained it as I gave him instructions and be careful and but staff insist we stained , I told them my children ate pistassio nuts its a food stained , they wanted to charge us 5 thousand pesos because the floor mat in the comfort room was also stained . we had lots of arguments imagined a doormat if will get stained or will get dirt you will pay for it...a very rare hotel I already travel to SIngapore, Hongkong, and only last month from Thailand I did not encounter with that kind of hotels policy. I will not recommend LA CARMELA DE BORACAY .. this hotel will only join in hotel promo and you will see its cheap but if already in Boracay they will charge you more for your stay.

Room Tip: If you already paid your accommodations in the internet .always ask the hotel in the internet if...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank SusanManila

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Singapore, Singapore

Hi,
The hotel staff are very friendly, environment are very clean. It was very much better than my expectation.I had booked 5 rooms with my group member and all of them enjoy the stay.
The location is very good and it is beach front. Value for money.

Area to improve: it will be good to change the set breakfast to buffet as the set breakfast with rice is the morning is not suitable for others country taste. Western breakfast will be good for all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank corynntan
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had a great experienced at La Carmela de Boracay, nice hotel and location. we stayed 4D/3N (Nov.17-20,2012). Staff and crew are very friendly and accomodating,welcome drink is also great. Breakfast food is good & fit to my taste. Thank you La Carmela for upgrading our room into suite room, thanks for such a wonderful privilege that you have given us. We enjoyed our stay in your hotel and very much satisfied for the services rendered to my family.

Room Tip: try celebrity suite room 2..perfect room for the whole family
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tenju
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed November 20, 2012

At first I wanted to rate this place average because it really isn't that bad. But my reviews are based on whether or not I would return to this place. And sadly, the answer is no.

Because of it's very cheap price, a lot of people stay in La Carmela. Which means it can get cramped and noisy. I was with a group and we were admittedly a little noisy so I didn't mind this as much. However, for those who want a quiet, intimate vacation, it would probably be better to choose something else.

I supposed that for the price, the rooms weren't too bad. Except the room we got had a very musty, sour odor. The toilet was also broken. The next day, we had to move to a different room because the toilet simply wouldn't flush. The room they moved us into had a much smaller bathroom but I didn't really care anymore. All I cared about was having a toilet that flushed.

Water pressure is unreliable. Some days it's okay, some days you'll be showering under a trickle. Same with the water temperature. But at least there's hot water.

You also have to rent their beach towels for around 50 pesos each. Relatively cheap but I've stayed in resorts where you can borrow beach towels for free. Also, the breakfast isn't too good. I ended up giving away my stubs to my friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank croces
Tacloban, Philippines
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed on this Hotel last November 9-11, 2012 during our Barkada Vacation. The staff and crew were so friendly and nice. The breakfast was good for me nothing special. The location was so good because since it is near from the beach. Overall we were all satisfied during our stay in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robert G
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we checked into this hotel it didn't feel right for us. Silly rules and regulations and overpriced extras make it like a school rather than a hotel. Staff needed to more focus on the customer. The Hotel is pretty clean and well postioned. The food is provincial quality level. I am paying for good food not junk. If you are on a budget it is just okay but better places to stay eleswhere. Not recommended.

• Stayed February 2012