“Our home in Boracay :)”

and 1 more site!
True Home Hotel, Boracay
Ranked #21 of 226 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My family and I have been to Boracay at least 5 times already and we always stay at Boracay. From our first trip in 2007 up to our recent trip a week ago, we're still awed by the level of service and hospitality provided by the staff. Staying at True Home makes our Boracay vacation hassle- and worry-free. And have I mentioned they serve the best breakfast on the island?

Room Tip: Book the Junior Suite or room #5 :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jojo t
There are newer reviews for True Home Hotel, Boracay

Reviewed October 25, 2012

It was my first time to bring my family to Boracay and I'm glad that we're able to find a budget friendly hotel with an excellent customer service.

I had been traveling the past 2 years due to work demands and had been staying on hotels. This by far is the most geniune customer service I ever received (far better than Shangri La Makati, and Hotel Intercontinental).

Good Points
Checking in was a breeze, only took a minute or two, which was awesome because my family was tired from hours of trip and at the same time excited to hit the beach. We took room #1 and #2 which is on alley way and only few walks to the beach. It is not as noisy as other reviewed, though it was also off peak season the time we were there. Our rooms are well airconditioned and overly spacious for its price! There is a queen sized bed and a day bed. The mini bar is well stocked compared to Patio Pacific Boracay which only contains one pack of dried mango on God knows how long it's been there and a couple of bottled water.

They are beachfront. So going to the beach is only a minute away from our rooms. They have a beachfront porch with very good wifi in case you want to work while you are having your breakfast there. Speaking of breakfasts, their inclusive breakfast is incredibly awesome and tastes fresh. The bacon is a bit overcooked but still good, love the muesli and the mango marmalade - it was the best marmalade I ever had. I wish I can take some home but the kind attendant told me that it is homemade and exclusive to the hotel.

Excellent, genuine customer service. I just cant reiterate this enough. The owners and attendants are snappy, welcoming and so geniune! You feel that this is what they do and love doing. I tried tipping the wonderful attendant who's serving our breakfast and it was only for a little amount yet he had given me a heartfelt appreciation. Also, on nights I have to work at the beachfront up to wee hours of the morning, the guards will automatically clean the table I chose to occupy from the little sands the winds had brought. They will stay and kept watch until I'm done. They are helpful on anything I ask and keep their voices very low when they talk so as not to bother me.

The Bad (but not really)
The place is a very long walk to D-Mall. Seriously. One must ride a trike from the highway. If you are going with a family who don't care about night life, their location is good as they are far from the noises of the strip which go until the wee hours of the morning.

There's a renovation ongoing the time we checked in and we can hear the pounding from our room. It didn't bother us at all though as we are mostly outside and go to our rooms by 7 PM on which we don't hear any sound of ongoing construction.

There is no wifi signal on the rooms we occupied (room #1 and 2). I had called the management about this and they politely offered me if I want to work on their office or at the front porch as the connection is better there. I chose to work on the beach front porch and I'm glad I did as I find it relaxing to work with the sound of the waves. They install wind barriers at night so I don't worry any sand or water (carried by the wind) getting into my work laptop.

Breakfast can be served at the front porch and it's a wonderful experience to be able to have a breakfast while watching the fishermen with their early catch and seeing actual live crabs on the shore and be with majestic views. The only downside to this is the porch is prone to people who are selling pearls, souvenirs and activities even we are in the middle of our breakfast. They will politely interrupt but still...

The furniture on our rooms are quite, not exactly of excellent quality and it took some time for me to figure out the waterheater on the bathroom sink as it is not automatic. It's not much of a bother though esp if you are mostly outside. Just pointing out this one, in case you are into looking into the details of the room.

The attendants display superb customer service but can use better work clothes. The ones that attended to us are only wearing sandos, worn shirts, shorts etc... I understand that it is a budget beach accommodation but I think it would be wonderful if they can have better work outfits.

My Verdict
I am giving this place 5 stars. Their service can outdeliver your expectations for the price you're paying.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Julie C
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just got back from a birthday holiday in Boracay and staying in True Home made the experience wonderful. Booked my 5 day/4 nights stay online and confirmed my reservation a week before my trip. Check-in was a breeze. I got Room #1 which is in the 1st floor along the alley going to the beach. Yes, I was just less than 15 steps from the beach... can you imagine :)
My room was quite big with heirloom furniture.

The hotel was doing some renovations which made some noise in my room but the management was generous enough to transfer me to a Superior suite (Room#7) on the second floor for 2 nights.

Breakfast option is limited but the serving was more than enough for 1 person. Its your choice between Filipino or American breakfast with fruits, a bowl of muesli, orange juice and a pot of fresh organic tea.

The front desk can also arrange your outdoor activities or call in a massage service.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful.

If you want to feel at home in Boracay, this is a highly recommended place. Price per night is very affordable for a Station 1 hotel (best part of White Beach). There are less than 10 rooms in the hotel so expect great service from the staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank superkikay
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Ive been back a while now from my trip to Boracay with my partner. We had an amazing time on such a beautiful island. What made the holiday although more special was True Home hotel, I cant speak highly enough of Roy and his staff, nothing was ever to much trouble for them and whatever we wished to do they could assist with. The hotel is fantastic, you cant get any closer to the beach and the Junior suite we stayed in with the views was an amazing experience to wake up to each day. There are alot of hotels on the island which are very expensive and offer nothing near the views this place does.
We will be back again in the Philippines next year and no doubt stopping in on True Home on our travels as that's how it feels a home away from home.
Thanks
Jason and Ellie.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jason P
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed at True Home Hotel presidential and junior suites on June 25-28, 2012 with a big family of 14 adults and kids. The presidential suite is very large, with a big bathroom and veranda. The hotel is a mere steps away from the beach, very near the grotto. What impressed me was the helpfulness of the personnel from the front desk up to the people who cooked for us. When their stove did not work, they were kind enough to cook our food for us everyday. This is aside from the big servings of delicious Filipino breakfasts which was part of staying there. The food was never late, you just have to tell them what time you wanted it served. The Kuya at the front desk was always cheerful and helpful. The manongs who offers you the island hopping and other activities are very nice and helpful too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Arawatbuwan
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were so surprised with this hotel. We booked last minute as we got a 1 piso flight from manila the night before. We arrived in the night and there was only a security guard to let us in. We had paid no monies and just went straight to bed.
When we woke in the morning we were stoked! The room was huge. We got the Presidential suite. A large living, dining, kitchen area where our two kids slept comfortably on the couches. Then a separate master room with a super king bed, which was super comfy. 2 bathrooms and a huge balcony overlooking the ocean. We were steps from the ocean on station 1 and approx 10 min lovely walk down the beach to all the restaurants, massages, shopping etc. Or if you go via road it is a 10 piso ride pp on a tricycle.
The staff were so friendly, waiting till we got to the shops to get out money to pay for the room. The breakfast was a little late and I had to remind them to get it to us earlier everyday, but it was a huge serving. I had fried eggs every morning and it was 2 eggs and 3 toast. Kids had cereal and toast. Fresh mango & juice was also served. Fabulous breakky.
When it was time to check out they were very casual and let us stay till after 3pm on the day we left.
In room safe, free excellent wifi. Everything we wanted.

Minor negatives: On a side note there is a slight thumping from the Gilly Club a few buildings up, but there is a sanction for music to be lowered at midnight and the aircon drowned the noise out anyway. The aircon in the bedroom was old and very noisy and did not work that well. The aircon in the lounge was brand new, quiet and cooled the whole house down wonderfully. The bathroom was a little old.

We would totally stay here again, it was a bargain and absolutely amazing. We didn't miss a pool resort or anything as we simply took 5 steps and were on the beach. Highly recommend. Thank you True Home!

Room Tip: Presidential Suite was worth every penny, overlooks beach, secure spot up the stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Travel_with_Bender
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Space is an expensive commodity these days especially in a place like Boracay, but at True Home, it comes reasonably cheap. We stayed in one of their deluxe rooms for a few nights before transferring to one of their "beachfront" rooms for our last night. Rm 7, the deluxe room where we stayed before transferring to one of their "beachfront" rooms on our last night, was really spacious and had a big bed, spacious toilet and bath, wooden furniture that seemed to have been crafted in one of the provinces in the north famed for making "antique-looking" furniture. The ceiling lamp and the closet looked authentic antiques and definitely gave that "old ancestral home" effect. Even the small refrigerator was tastefully concealed in a wooden cabinet. Rm 4, the "beachfront" room was a tad smaller than Rm 7 but was a lot cozier. The closet and dresser were obviously from many moons ago, well-preserved and maintained. In both rooms, the sheets were clean and fresh, towels were immaculatelly white. The hotel even had beach towels neatly rolled, ready to be picked up on the way out to the beach.

The breakfast served was really good and filling, with an array of hot drinks to choose from like coffee, chocolate drink, fruit tea or tea infused from
fresh herbs (tarragon and mint). The manager and staff of the hotel were
lovely and really attentive. They are quick to apologize for inconvenience caused by other noisy guests.

The only downside is the hotel's location which is quite close to bars. The dull thumping sounds from Cocomangas bar could be heard from inside the rooms BUT turning up the TV's volume can drown these sounds. Loud conversations by inconsiderate guests along the corridor on the 2nd floor can be annoying at times. The "beachfront" rooms are not exactly "at the beachfront" but rather look out to the beachfront as there's a concrete riprap wall at the edge of the hotel's porperty line. But the small garden-patio outside the beachfront rooms is a good place for breakfast and for reading a book.

Overall, True Home was a pleasant discovery. Its many "plus" points outweigh the downside. It's one lodging place in Boracay that my partner and I will keep in our list.

• Stayed: June 2012