“Great location... great staff... great breakfast... rude front desk!”

and 1 more site!
True Home Hotel, Boracay
Ranked #20 of 222 Boracay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Great location... great staff... great breakfast... rude front desk!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Pros

I must say the location is very nice. It is near Jonah’s Fruit Shake & Snack Bar, Real Coffee & Tea Cafe, Loco Frio, etc. We got the two beachfront rooms so we kinda got the whole beach area to ourselves. For the location and amount you paid, I can this is one of the best spots in Boracay.

As for the staff, they were very friendly and helpful. They made sure our rooms are cleaned daily and went out of their way to accommodate some of our requests such as buying soft-drinks, ice and some junk-food from the nearby store

Cons

One of my biggest concerns with this hotel is the very rude guy with glasses in the front desk. From the time we checked-in and checked-out, that person is always in a bad mood. My room did not have any wi-fi and mobile signal so when i tried to request to be transferred, this guy just snapped and said that they were fully booked. In my opinion, he could have explained the situation in a more courteous manner rather than just snapping at me which is a guest in their hotel. He needs to get an attitude adjustment ASAP!

Another concern i have is the maintenance of some of their equipment/ appliances in the rooms. One of the rooms we got had a broken water heater, dilapidated air-con and non-functioning safe. As for the bed & pillows, I strongly suggest to request extra pillows once you check-in. I'm not sure whether it was the pillows or the bed itself but the whole stay gave me a very bad stiff neck.

My last concern is the noise coming in and out of the area. Maybe it's because some of the rooms are facing the alley way but at least they should try to limit the people coming in and out or request them to lower their voices while passing. It's not funny waking up 3-4am because of some noisy people passing through.

The overall experience in True Home I can say is okay, average at most. Good thing I was with great company so the little things didn't matter as much when we were there.

Room Tip: Don't get rooms 1 & 2... there's no mobile signal, wi-fi signal and it is noisy because...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MONKtheExplorer

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed in True Home for 2 nights. Supposedly 3 nights however they do not have an available room for our first night but that did not become a problem because they helped me find and book a room from another hotel, next to them.We had an excellent and wonderful stay. We got the deluxe room beach front, it's literally a few steps from the beach.We did not have our own veranda but it was totally fine since we can use the hotel's lounge right outside our room.Room was very clean and fragrant when we came, even the washroom was very neat.They provide basic toiletries like shampoos and soaps. There are lots of furnitures to store ur stuff. They provide beach towels apart from bath and hand towels.Breakfast was far better than what we had at Jonah's on our first day.It's complete, with cereal, fruits, juice and coffee together with the main course.I got sick on our third day, good thing there was a pharmacy right next to the main entrance of the hotel.There were also convenience stores nearby. There were a few lounge chairs that guests can use.You can sit there and relax while having a bottle of fruit shake from Jonah's, which is only a few steps away.Best of all, the staff were amazing and very friendly.A security was also on guard every night so we felt safe.The only complain we have is the colored glass door. It's pretty hard to take a nap at daytime because of the sunlight coming through the door.But that's not a big deal.Overall we were very satisfied with our stay and will definitely go back.Next time I hope to get the suites upstairs with it's own balcony.

Room Tip: Choose the seaview deluxe room, junior or presidential suites with own balcony
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NinaVET
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was fortune enough to get the room with the hammock and balcony over looking the beach. It was incredible. The room was spacious, clean, huge king size bed and the bathroom was modern. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was very good. The window lock to the right was not functioning even though the room did have a safe. It was a slight walk to the D-Mall but the you really can't beat the walk on the beach. It is far enough so you can't hear the music from local night clubs. I recommend this place and always check to see if "my room" is available on each trip to Boracay.

Room Tip: Get the room with the huge balcony and hammock!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Burqueman505
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We booked a 2-night stay at the Junior Suite as we are attending a destination wedding in February 2012. My wife, adult daughter and I flew home from USA. My niece and her husband arrived from Qatar to join us. The hotel reception was warm and, at our request upon arrival, we were accommodated for an additional night. We got the Presidential Suite for that extra night.
The Junior Suite was quite spacious for the five of us, with 2 large beds provided. My bed of choice, when I get the chance to sleep because of so much activity, was the lounging rattan bed or the hammock in the veranda - closely overlooking the seashore.
The location was a few steps away from the Holy Rosary Parish Church, the venue for the wedding (a pleasant surprise!) and close to the rehearsal dinner site and the wedding reception (a hotel that could have cost us way much more to get billeted at). Amenities at this suite were as described in the brochure. Anything else we needed were easily arranged for us by the staff.
The Presidential Suite was quite luxurious. We could have stayed in this Suite longer if we had time.
Our friends (other wedding guests), who lodged at the more expensive hotels were envious of "our True Home". My daughter wanted to plan our next trip back even before we left Boracay.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had so much fun, outside of the wedding formalities. This may have been due, in large part, to our lodging at the very hospitable True Home.

3 Thank atoybcl
philippines
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We had a marvellous stay at the True Home Hotel. Spacious room, cozy interior, and some excellent dining too. Very reasonably priced for a beachfront hotel. Most of all, the service was exemplary – very friendly, accommodating and non-intrusive. Although we had trouble with the wifi, it didn't matter that much. The staff did their best to ensure we had a good stay. They catered to our every need. Breakfast was delivered to our room. They didn't charge the toasted bread that was served to my daughter even though we offered to pay for it. Though it was just a simple thing, it mattered to us because it showed how committed they are to pleasing their guests. We had plenty of towels and toilet roll throughout our stay. The lady-in-charge always smiled at us whenever we passed by. When we left, she even called the tricycle for us. That was nice of her. Considering it was raining outside.

All in all, it’s worth every penny! We will definitely return. Highly recommended!!

Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. The hotel itself, the room and bathroom where we stayed in are clean (except for a little stain on the comforter which turned me off). The hotel seems safe because there's a staff/guard on the look out 24/7.The room is spacious though the bed is not quite comfy for me because it's a little bit hard and the foam on the pull out bed is not the size of the bed itself (a bit bigger). The room's interior design and furniture need some updating. A/C is quite noisy. I loved the American breakfast (bacon) though it took so long for them to serve it after I ordered. I would have preferred brewed coffee instead of the instant coffee that they served. Staff was very helpful. They even offered to cook food for us. The adobo was great! All in all, I the hotel is a nice place to stay at because of its perfect location. I'll be happy to stay here again when I come back to Bora.

Room Tip: The superior rooms and the Deluxe room at the ground floor are good to stay in because they are very...
1 Thank tkpe
California
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Stayed in this hotel with a group of friends and I personally spent 3 nights in one of the deluxe beach front rooms. The room and bathroom were both clean and spacious. The room had an electronic safe, a mini-bar, a/c, a queen and a twin-sized bed. There was always a hotel employee who was standing guard out on the patio all day and all night which made us feel very safe since the hotel was right on the beach and next to an alleyway going to the main road. I thought the Filipino breakfast they offered was actually pretty good. The hotel only has 5 lounge chairs on the beach right in front of the hotel, so if you want to lay out, you may want to get your beach towel out there early and save yourself one. It's on an awesome area of the beach, especially to watch the sun set and you can Willy's Rock is only a couple hundred feet away. There are plenty of places to eat and a couple bars/clubs to go to at night nearby. I'd give it a 5, but on our last night, my friend and I spotted a cockroach in our room!! Thankfully, a hotel staff was right outside our door and got rid of it for us. I also wish they provided us with hangers to hang our clothes. All in all, it was a great place to stay at, especially for a beach front room, for the amount I paid for.

Room Tip: Breakfast is served on the patio right outside the two deluxe beach front rooms, and they start serv...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends