“I found my love for kitesurfing again, here at Funboard Centre Boracay!”

Funboard Center Boracay
Ranked #1 of 63 Tours in Boracay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Funboard Center Boracay is one of the very few schools with kiteboarding and windsurfing under one umbrella and offers brand new equipment from Gaastra and Tabou boards every year. We offer a great variety of different courses for windsurfing and kitesurfing, from a discovery course up to high jump lessons. All our kitesurf instructors are fully certified by IKO.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 24, 2017

I almost totally gave up kitesurfing seeing as the last time I went in Morocco was a not much fun for me. When I noticed all the kites on the beach in Boracay I walked into Funboard Centre to buy a beer so that I had some smaller money to give to the bike driver who dropped me off. You can usually feel the vibe/atmosphere of a place as soon as you walk in and that I did, this was one of chilled, friendly, non judgmental, happy and helpful. The lovely owner encouraged me to grab a kite and get out there on the water, I did and was out nearly everyday there was wind. Loved it, nice shallow water protected be an outer reef. Best thing about Funboard centre is that its located at the end of the beach, where you have a little more room to learn if your learning or trying to learn new tricks, also has a larger area of beach to launch and land your kite. She has very helpful crew working in the centre who usually have a smile on their face. Food is great!! Would love to come back and if I did I'd rent one of the rooms here for sure. Thank you Funboard Centre Boracay ! X

Simone B, Manager at Funboard Center Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2017

Hello Mike!
Thanks for your great review.We are happy to hear we could push you back to the wonderful side of kite-boarding. Thanks also for your help with the Go Pro and please contact us at any time regarding accommodation. We would love to see you back at Funboard Center Boracay soon. All the best and take care,

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"island"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed February 12, 2017

I luckily booked the (only) room with ocean view for one week at this fantastic relaxed place. Simone who runs the place is a lovely host. The small bars serves nice breakfast and daily special food. It is the place to meet other friendly kite chaps and exchange your experiences of this addictive sport...
I will definitely come back next year. See you :)

Simone B, Manager at Funboard Center Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Thanks a lot for your great review! We are happy to hear we could serve you the best. And even better we gonna see you again next season!
All the best and sunny regards from stormy Boracay,
Simone

Reviewed February 8, 2017

I was visiting the Philippines from the middle of November 2016 to the end of January 2017.

I attended a kitesurfing course at Funboard Center in november. The instructors at Funboard are excellent, the best of the best. I got Alex, a Russian Bear which I now consider to be the best kite instructor in the world. His patience is limitless and he managed to transform me - a 50-year old Norwegian - from a very clumsy and nervous newbie into an secure and independent kitesurfer.

Simone runs the place, she is the most nice and helpful person you will ever meet. She, along with Marcus, also run Boracay Yoga and I attended some of their classes. This was my first time experience yoga and I really enjoyed it.

I had such a good time at Funboard in November that I came back to Funbard Center in January and stayed the whole month to kitesurf more.

I was then an independent kitesurfer so for the whole of January I just rented the equipment I needed and they have a very good range of quality equipment. There are lots of kites and board to choose from. The nice staff at Funbard is very helpful and helps to bring the kites and boards back and forward to the beach, lay up the lines, pump the kites, help with launching etc. All the help you need.

The center also has a really nice bar where the girls serve you good and healthy breakfast or lunch, they have the best coffee on Boracay, nice juices and the "overnighter" is a healthy energy bomb that will give you the energy you need for a long day of kiting. The bar is also a nice place to hang out when you need a break.

The people at Funbard are amazing, helpful and nice. I really enjoyed my time there. I hope to come back some day.

Simone B, Manager at Funboard Center Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

Hello Trygve!
I hope you have well arrived back home! Did you start snow-kiting ;-)
Thanks to join us for such a long time and your great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we could make your dream reality.
Have a great summer back home and hopefully see you next season back on Boracay.
All the best,

Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

Best Breakfast on the island with homemade Joghurt and Bread. Great Coffee. Super nice people and great teachers for Kitesurfing. They also offer Yoga and other activities such as Windsurfing.

Hello Sascha!
Sounds like the Coffee shop was your playground rather than the water ;-) But Great to hear you have enjoyed both! Thanks for joining us!!

Have a great summer and may be see you back next season.

Best wishes,