“Wind and Kite surf paradise ”

Funboard Center Boracay
Ranked #1 of 63 Tours in Boracay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Funboard Center Boracay is one of the very few schools with kiteboarding and windsurfing under one umbrella and offers brand new equipment from Gaastra and Tabou boards every year. We offer a great variety of different courses for windsurfing and kitesurfing, from a discovery course up to high jump lessons. All our kitesurf instructors are fully certified by IKO.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

In bulabog, the most upwind place, very flat and away from the crowd, a perfect place to learn as well as practice your jumps !

Simone the owner, windsurfer and kite surfer as well as yoga teacher makes this place very unique and friendly

I have been coming back for many years now and would not even think of changing - the team is the same with years of experience.

The kite and windsurf team is very professional and helpful to prepare and assist and the kitchen is so good, girls are always smiling

The statistics in January are the best in the region, i had 100% wind, kiting every day with 7 to 9, one day 11 :) - 85 kg - from 30 km/h to 50 km/h (or for the old school 5 to 6 Beaufort with refreshing 7 some days)

I have been trying many places worldwide, this is truly one the best, apart from my home town rivedoux plage of course :)

I will definitely come back - I know the wind will be there but keep the same menu :)!

Simone B, Owner at Funboard Center Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Thanks Stéphane!
We are so happy to hear we could serve you the best. Even the wind has shown his best side ;-) Hope to see you next season. Bring your family again!
All the best,

in 8 reviews
"school"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed January 6, 2017

we had an excellent expeience visiting Funboard Center Boracay! The location in the bay is perfect, you can do both kite and windsurfing (though not at low tide), and most importantly the people there are just so nice. the owner Simone ensures a very warm atmosphere with a very personal tough, and its easy to tell that the boys helping with equipment and the girls cooking excellent food have a good time. furthermore, this side of the island is much quiter and less touristic than white beach - only surfers hang around. so we can definitively recommend this to everyone.

Simone B, Manager at Funboard Center Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2017

Dear Nina, dear Paul!
Thanks a lot for your great review. We are happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We have enjoyed as well to have your company and the exchange of our common passion in windsurfing and kiteboarding.

Best wishes,
Simone

Reviewed January 2, 2017

Thank you to everyone at Funboard Center and especially to my instructor, Julia. Her patience, attention to detail and relaxed personality built my confidence and got me to my goal of finishing the course despite the challenging wind conditions. Without her dedication on the last day I couldn't have done it. The lunch I had at the Center was one of the tastiest and healthiest on the island.The kiting and windsurfing equipment is first rate. Thank you! :)

Simone B, Owner at Funboard Center Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

Hello Geoff!
Thanks for taking your time to leave this great review. We are happy to hear we could enhance your stay on Boracay. Great Julia was able to improve your kite surfing skills.

We wish you a fantastic 2017 and hope to see you next season.
Best regards,
Simone & team

Reviewed January 1, 2017

We spent one week enjoying both Kitesurf lessons & yoga classes! Staff is very friendly & helpful! Food is heathty, breakfast & lunch are convenient in between lessons. Overall, just a great place;-) Tks Simone & Marcus!

Bonjour Olivier!
Thanks a lot for your great review. We are happy to hear you and the entire family was happy to stay with us.

We wish you all the best for the New Year 2017 and hope to see you next season again.
Best wishes to all of you,
Simone

See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2016

So I originally came to Boracay and Funboard Center to windsurf. But with my luck the wind was up and down, but the kite surfer were out all the time. So I decided to give Kite lessons a try. Let's face facts, my sister and I, are both over 55 fine, closer to 60. So we decide on private lessons at Funcenter with Alex, now Alex is noted to be the best teacher on the beach. It was a test of who will break first him or us. I have to say it took us a little longer then the standard 9 hours. Alex is very safety first, kind of guy. We had to control the kite before we got to use the board. We finally did get up and going;
So Alex's reputation stands! We do need a little more time to be up and cruising, but my luck stricks again, it went from low wind to no wind. :(

So back to Funboard Center, very good windsurfing equipment lots of sails, and boards to choose from nice guys to help bring stuff to the beach and back. Good food to eat and it's just a nice place to hang out.

Simone runs the place, she is very nice and helpful, she even arranged a few dinners an a boat ride so we didn't just sit around. Overall this is a very well run Center, lots of good equipment both Kites and Windsurfing, a restroom, storage of stuff, shower and changing room. If your really low key, she also has a nice room above the center.

Would come back again. Yes, of course If only to show Alex we can go it on our own.

Simone B, Owner at Funboard Center Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2016

Dear Lindy, dear Elena!
Thanks for joining Funboard Center Boracay and your fantastic review. We are happy to see that age has no limits. You did great!!!!
Hope to see you soon back on Boracay. Can't wait to cruise along the bay with you two.
Take care and Merry Xmas,