Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent place to start Kite Surfing

This place is a good place to start learning kitesurfing, the owner and instructors are very... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
lenguyenhai
Canberra, Australia
Learned to Kitesurf!

A super cool surfcenter! Had a great time there and could realy increase my kiteboarding skills to... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Cyrill J

Recommended experiences in and around Boracay
from $70.00
from $65.00
from $55.00
from $26.08
More Info
All reviews bulabog beach healthy food cafe tabou homemade lemonade outer reef oats kite lessons omelette home away from home perfect place to learn super friendly staff small bar shallow water learn how whole team visited boracay place to stay
Reviewed November 26, 2015

I spent four days in Boracay at the Funboard center. I did windsurfing and I learnt how to kitesurf with a very good teacher. The center is very pleasant with very good and new equipment and a delicious little restaurant. The water body is VERY beautiful !
I recommend this center to practice or learn windsurfing or kitesurfing.

Reviewed November 22, 2015

Simone and her team of windsurfing and kitesurfing instructions are top class. My wife and I came on honeymoon, and felt instantly at home. They were literally unpacking for the start of the season that morning (last week of October), but took us on immediately.
We had great 1:1 tuition from local national champs, with good kit, all co-ordinated by the ever friendly and out-of-her-way helpful boss and (ex-pro?) Simone. The school is laid-back, takes on new kit every year and will make sure you are taken out to get the most out of your tuition. The wind in Boracay is really consistent, and funboards' position at the north end of Bulabag beach means it is less frenetic and congested - an added extra for the new learner / less confident ktiesurfer.
Would highly recommend this place for lessons - if you're not booked up, but looking to see what your options were, then at least go and ask.
We were there as rainy season finished, and were predominantly there for windsurfing (which is very much in the minority at Bulabog)....so if the rain came in we just kicked back in their super-chilled kitchen bar to munch on cake / smoothies / whatever other fuel you fancy until the rain had passed.
Think the center also has accommodation and runs some yoga classes - but we can't comment because we were just in it for the watersport.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed November 9, 2015 via mobile

The staff here is amazing and made Kite Boarding fun and easy to learn. I bought the 9 hour course and could choose days and times which suited my schedule. Plus they have a well stocked cafe for if you're hungry afterwards.

Reviewed November 9, 2015 via mobile

If you are looking to learn how to Kite Board or Wind Surf while in Boracay, I strongly recommend this place. The instructors and owners are very friendly and knowledgeable. They also have some amazing food and smoothies.

Reviewed September 28, 2015

Had a great time with the Funboard instructors learning how to kitesurf over the two days I had available. Alex was very patient with me and also very good at identifying what I needed to work on specifically especially considering I had no previous "board" experience. It was also tough since I wasn't there in season so the wind was a bit unpredictable but we still managed to make progress and I got up on the board within the time frame we had. Funboard also runs a daily yoga session in the mornings at a nearby hotel which my girlfriend and I went to. Was an intense but very rewarding 1.5 hours and a great start to the day! Highly recommend it if you're up ;)

Date of experience: September 2015