“Even with the Hotel in reform, we were very well served”

Henann Garden Resort
Ranked #14 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Seoul, South Korea
“Even with the Hotel in reform, we were very well served”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The Garden is a very, very good hotel for the price. It has very good ammenities and excellent service ! ( Tks Keevin for all the help). When I first arrived it was very crazy and disapointing as well. (The hotel actually has an horrible lobby) but to my surprise everything else was first class !!! Great rooms, with good beds, prompt svc and incredible breakfast !!! After the renovation in August, this is the place to go when in Boracay !!

Room Tip: Talk to Keevin at front desk (he's going to kill me for this !! lol)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BVBVCD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
quezon city
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The airport transfer guys told us that this was a newly acquired hotel by the Hennan Resorts, therefore the massive renovations. I have no complaints on the staff, they were all very friendly and quick to assist us.
It's a huge resort, albeit a beachfront entrance, it took us 10 mins to get to our rooms from the beachfront.Still, the comfortable bed made it worth going home to after long walks from station 1 to 2. The bathroom was big enough, although the shower area was a bit cramped. There was a bathtub but I found a piece of hair on it so we never used it. The breakfast buffet was really good (the usual stuff omelettes, filipino continental breakfast etc, and good coffee). Lots of pools although we never tried it because we were always on the beach. Oh and it was the rainy season so it was very convenient that they provided umbrellas in the room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alias34
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Our family enjoyed our 3-day stay in this hotel. The rooms were clean and cozy. The people were really extra nice and accommodating and everything that we needed were readily available .
We also loved the food..our buffet breakfast and dinner were delicious and well presented.
The staff, I have to say, are truly lovable.

Thank you Boracay Garden. See you next year..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank LaVitayBella
Manila
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my family to celebrate new years day 2011 and overal was pretty happy with it.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful. I really liked that they had such a good selection of food. I'm a vegetarian and often can't find suitable things to eat, but had no problem with the breakfast buffet.

I didn't use the swimming pool but it looked okay. Pretty much every sitting space around the pool was occupied by koreans from morning to night. Not a problem because I'd rather be on the beach.

The towels were hit and miss. Sometimes you get nice fluffy towels. Sometimes you got ones that literally have big holes in them. I paid for my family to fly out to the Philippines and stay at this hotel - So I must admit that I was a bit ashamed and embarrased when they were given these tatty old towels with holes in them. And a little annoyed since I was paying 10k PHP (about $230) a night.

One of the biggest complaints (and jokes) about Boracay gardens is the worn towels with holes in them. Managers of this hotel, listen to the complaints and just replace them already. All this bad feedback because you're too cheap to replace old towels!

I got a family room and it was a good size. It's made up of 2 sections. 1 section has a king bed with tv and en suite bathroom with full bath tub and the other had 2 queen beds, again with its own en suite bathroom featuring a full bath tub. My mum did spot 1 cockroach during our stay but considering we're in the Philippines, I thought 1 over the course of 4 days isn't bad.

There was a fridge in the room which was handy when we had extra food left over from a takeout. The aircon was very effective.

There was construction going on right below our room which I was not impressed about. Unfortunately with it being new years, all rooms were booked out so I had to put up with it.

Our room didn't get cleaned. I had to call up and ask them to come do it every day.

Staff around the resort were friendly, always taking the time to smile and say hello. I liked that.

I would consider staying there again. But I think next time they try to give me tatty old towels with holes in them, I'll kick up a real fuss and demand for a manager to explain why they're charging me so much per night for this kind of service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MrFarscape
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 16, 2011

it exceeded my expectation! my kids REALLY enjoyed in our 3D2N stay at room 254!
the pools were great (my 6 yr old kid had a lot of fun in these pools), breakfast was very nice (very delicious), location was perfect, right at the middle of station 2, its a 2-min walk (private walkway) to the beach. Its like, if the beach is too crowded (very public), once you reached the end of the walkway and enter the resort you would definitely say WOW!

Bora beach at this time of year though is not that good. Daming lumot, you have to swim at least a few meters away from the shoreline just to have a clean area for swimming.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank road2run
manila, philippines
Reviewed April 10, 2011

right smack in station 2 best of both worlds, nice beach and resto, nighlife, shopping.. has a private walkway about 2 mins to our room, so its far from the noises associated with night life..guaranteed a good night sleep!
ROOM: fit for a victorian queen(king) ....stayed in room 128...aside from the usual furnishings, notables are the king size bed, a single bed, sofa, study table and desk..with still enough room to go around..bathroom is big, clean, details are well thought out..shower enclosure separate from the tub..a big plus for bidet users, toilet bowl equipped with elect. bidet seat and cover!..did not see that in Discovery hotel bora.
the best part of the room, the balcony. ITS POOL SIDE! check out my pics.
STAFF: polite and punctual from the time we got out of airport until we reach our room.took care of all the transfers.. has a separate welcome center.felt like a VIP!
POOLS: 3 giant pools with 1 kiddie pool..1 of them is modern design, all clean and well maintained.
FOOD: free breakfast buffet daily and ala carte dinner nightly
with the choices of food they prepare, might as well pass as breakfast plus lunch buffet!
ala carte dinner is good, big plate plus dessert..its a puzzle only a handful availing free dinner.
PRICE: all for 5000pesos per night....very good deal! :)....tip:get them from travel expos.
some part of the hotel is under renovation..wasnt annoyed with them anytime at all..hotels details and design not the latest, modern, or high end..we dont mind :)
now i know why this hotel is a big hit among tourists guests ,koreans, japanese,etc.

Room Tip: get the pool side rooms
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank joseph t
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
Reviewed April 5, 2011

It's a nice resort for a group with children. But you have to walk a few minutes to the beach, it's not for those who want to stay at a beach front hotel. The buffet was not that great, but overall it was okay for me. What's important is I got the relaxation I want.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family