“Boracay Garden...simply the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Henann Garden Resort

Henann Garden Resort
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Antipolo City, Philippines
“Boracay Garden...simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Our family enjoyed our 3-day stay in this hotel. The rooms were clean and cozy. The people were really extra nice and accommodating and everything that we needed were readily available .
We also loved the food..our buffet breakfast and dinner were delicious and well presented.
The staff, I have to say, are truly lovable.

Thank you Boracay Garden. See you next year..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank LaVitayBella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my family to celebrate new years day 2011 and overal was pretty happy with it.

The breakfast buffet was wonderful. I really liked that they had such a good selection of food. I'm a vegetarian and often can't find suitable things to eat, but had no problem with the breakfast buffet.

I didn't use the swimming pool but it looked okay. Pretty much every sitting space around the pool was occupied by koreans from morning to night. Not a problem because I'd rather be on the beach.

The towels were hit and miss. Sometimes you get nice fluffy towels. Sometimes you got ones that literally have big holes in them. I paid for my family to fly out to the Philippines and stay at this hotel - So I must admit that I was a bit ashamed and embarrased when they were given these tatty old towels with holes in them. And a little annoyed since I was paying 10k PHP (about $230) a night.

One of the biggest complaints (and jokes) about Boracay gardens is the worn towels with holes in them. Managers of this hotel, listen to the complaints and just replace them already. All this bad feedback because you're too cheap to replace old towels!

I got a family room and it was a good size. It's made up of 2 sections. 1 section has a king bed with tv and en suite bathroom with full bath tub and the other had 2 queen beds, again with its own en suite bathroom featuring a full bath tub. My mum did spot 1 cockroach during our stay but considering we're in the Philippines, I thought 1 over the course of 4 days isn't bad.

There was a fridge in the room which was handy when we had extra food left over from a takeout. The aircon was very effective.

There was construction going on right below our room which I was not impressed about. Unfortunately with it being new years, all rooms were booked out so I had to put up with it.

Our room didn't get cleaned. I had to call up and ask them to come do it every day.

Staff around the resort were friendly, always taking the time to smile and say hello. I liked that.

I would consider staying there again. But I think next time they try to give me tatty old towels with holes in them, I'll kick up a real fuss and demand for a manager to explain why they're charging me so much per night for this kind of service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MrFarscape
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

it exceeded my expectation! my kids REALLY enjoyed in our 3D2N stay at room 254!
the pools were great (my 6 yr old kid had a lot of fun in these pools), breakfast was very nice (very delicious), location was perfect, right at the middle of station 2, its a 2-min walk (private walkway) to the beach. Its like, if the beach is too crowded (very public), once you reached the end of the walkway and enter the resort you would definitely say WOW!

Bora beach at this time of year though is not that good. Daming lumot, you have to swim at least a few meters away from the shoreline just to have a clean area for swimming.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank road2run
manila, philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

right smack in station 2 best of both worlds, nice beach and resto, nighlife, shopping.. has a private walkway about 2 mins to our room, so its far from the noises associated with night life..guaranteed a good night sleep!
ROOM: fit for a victorian queen(king) ....stayed in room 128...aside from the usual furnishings, notables are the king size bed, a single bed, sofa, study table and desk..with still enough room to go around..bathroom is big, clean, details are well thought out..shower enclosure separate from the tub..a big plus for bidet users, toilet bowl equipped with elect. bidet seat and cover!..did not see that in Discovery hotel bora.
the best part of the room, the balcony. ITS POOL SIDE! check out my pics.
STAFF: polite and punctual from the time we got out of airport until we reach our room.took care of all the transfers.. has a separate welcome center.felt like a VIP!
POOLS: 3 giant pools with 1 kiddie pool..1 of them is modern design, all clean and well maintained.
FOOD: free breakfast buffet daily and ala carte dinner nightly
with the choices of food they prepare, might as well pass as breakfast plus lunch buffet!
ala carte dinner is good, big plate plus dessert..its a puzzle only a handful availing free dinner.
PRICE: all for 5000pesos per night....very good deal! :)....tip:get them from travel expos.
some part of the hotel is under renovation..wasnt annoyed with them anytime at all..hotels details and design not the latest, modern, or high end..we dont mind :)
now i know why this hotel is a big hit among tourists guests ,koreans, japanese,etc.

Room Tip: get the pool side rooms
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank joseph t
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

It's a nice resort for a group with children. But you have to walk a few minutes to the beach, it's not for those who want to stay at a beach front hotel. The buffet was not that great, but overall it was okay for me. What's important is I got the relaxation I want.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Queen_Inoray
manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

The resort is located in the commercial area of the strip, lots of restaurants and convenience stores around. It occupies a short beach front so you need to reserve if you plan to hang/lounge under the sun.

Our room was quite big with 1 single and 1 double bed. Although our room didn't have a balcony, we had a sitting area that was spacious enough. The room was clean, beds were firm and pillows were fluffy. The bathroom was also spacious with a bath and shower. There was construction going on on the first level in our wing so there was a lot of noise during daytime, so make sure to ask or request another area if you plan to rest during the day.

They have a number of pools around and towels were always available.

The breakfast buffet was good enough, somehow they try to change some items daily.

The staffs were nice and friendly and overall, this is a nice resort for families.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mariesophia7
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

Pool was good, location was good, close to the beach.

They had some renovations, but that was kept away behind neutral walls so as to not make the place ugly, also sound was kept to a minimum, very little disruptions which was great. In fact, only realised their were renovations looking back, during the whole time we were there we could just enjoy.

Service was good, drain was blocked when we got there but they fixed it straight away. Breakfast was good, some items weren't to my taste but that's due to personal taste. Also if something wasn't alright, there was heaps of other food that I could enjoy instead.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple