“Our own secluded bit of paradise”

Artista Beach Villas
Ranked #62 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I have traveled to many places in the world and this was one place we did not want to leave.
The secluded beach is away from the busy area of white beach but close enough if you want to walk or take a short tricycle ride to get anything.
The place is very clean and the staff here are the friendliest of any place we have stayed, nothing was too much trouble.
I am one to usually research everything but look no further as you have found a great place to stay :)

A few tips stay in the room Siete it has the best views. The food selection is limited but nice, there are plenty of hotels nearby with restaurants you can eat at...

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Davegh99

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at Artista for 9 nights in Siete room. It was really great! A simple hotel but with the most friendly people I have ever met. One of my most important criterias was fullfilled at all times: it was very clean! I loved the smell in the room, after they cleaned it each morning :)

The location is perfect in my opinion, as it is away from the busy White Beach and just a short ride with the trycicle, really uncomplicated to get there!

The only thing I could probably say something about is the breakfast. I had Swiss every morning and I really liked it, but the selection in general is not very big and therefore it would already make a difference to have a different kind of jam every other day or so :)

We will definitely come back here, no question!

Room Tip: Room Siete for sure is the best one with most privacy also on the balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Seusi
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The staff here really take care of you. I was a bit nervous after long flights to travel via tricycle, boat, van, and then hike across the beach. This spot is very unique, pretty and safe.

The breakfast was nice and they keep the kitchen open until 10pm. Serving pasta, sandwiches, and drinks. Be sure to have a mango daiquiri.

The Arista made my vacation relaxing and wonderful. I would suggest traveling light. Flights to Caiticlan only allow 10 kilos to check and 7 kilos for carry on.

The only thing I did not like about traveling to the Phillippeans was the terminal fee. I have been in much nicer airports that did not have fees. This is not a good thing to do to travelers.

Be sure to have at least $1000 pesos there and back. This will cover fees and tipping, and the case you may have to take a cab.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fashioncory
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Staff are great.. Just so nice to stay here away from the noise and hawkers at white beach .. Not 5 star but location makes up for it. .. Any help you need staff help you.. Aleni randi and other staff .. Not enough words.. Roula . Sydney Australia

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Roular
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Artista for 3 nights in September. It is a lovely location - away from the hustle and bustle. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are presented and cleaned daily.

The shower and toilet is in the same 'room' and is separated from the bedroom by a curtain. The lack of privacy can be a bit confronting. Having a shower is quite nice as the shower has different settings and the water pressure is strong. There is also pleasant shower gel.

The free WiFi is very good and strong signal in the room and the cafe.

Breakfast is included in the price of the hotel. We ordered the American breakfast daily during our stay and found it substantial. My only suggestion is for the availability of rice for those who are gluten free (like me).

The staff looked after us and organised the transfer as well as the ferry to the island.

Overall a nice short break and we would definitely stay at the Artista again.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank RubynStu
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was impressed with the friendly staff especially Pablo who helped carry our luggage and came with us for the transfers. An awesome view of Diniwid beach - certainly one to savour.

The only thing I was unaware was the rooftop cafe. We weren't notified until the second last day of our trip, which meant we missed out on some free breakfasts.

One handy tip: if youre staying on the third floor, the free wifi works best right outside on the shared balcony.

Overall, a nice basic boutique place away from the hustle and bustle. If you're the type to stay at places other than the typical touristy resorts then this is it.

Lincoln & Pia

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Lincoln_and_Pia
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at Artista villas for seven days in August habagat season, and the weather did not disappoint during our stay. As soon as we arrived at the resort we were friendly greeted by the staff and gave us a welcoming freshly squeezed orange juice. Then showed us to our room on the second floor with a balcony overlooking this spectacular view of the beach and the sunset. The room is complete with an en suite power shower, complimentary toiletries, fully stock fridge, air-condition and asmall plasma tv. Aleli and the staff are very warm and friendly they accommodate us every step of the way. Our room is cleaned and changed everyday and left in an immaculate standard. I think it's very reasonable price, american b-fast is even included and a free wifi.

because you really can't fault the standard and the service. This is located at diniwid beach very private and serene which is only a few minutes away from white beach in station 1 or 2. Considering this was our first trip to diniwid at artista I can certainly say it won't be our last. Overall experience it was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple