“Comely” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #86 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Melbourne
“Comely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2008

My wife and I happened to stop by Boracay while en route to Cebu. Beautiful island but prices are far higher than Pattaya (Thailand) which is our default holiday destination. This island is not for travelers on a budget but if this is your first and only time to the Philippine Islands, visit Boracay. It is not to be missed.

We stayed at Boracay Holiday and it was comfortable enough. Food and service were great. I had the opportunity to chat with the owner's daughter while in the business space. I was shocked to find out they're American. Makes sense. The hotel is run Western style but with Asian hospitality.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank brliam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2007

I wasn't involved in the booking of the resort, but my wife did and she did such a good job with selection I decided to write a review of how Boracay Holiday enhanced my trip.
The restaurant was tremendous, the overall service of the employees of the resort was friendly and sincere and it was only a minute from the beach. Big ups..

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank freddysteady
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2007

I stayed at BHR this past summer. We weren't in the hotel much (due to all the activities you can do on Boracay Island), however, we found the room that we stayed in very relaxing and comfortable. The staff was kind even to our 5 month old.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — lack of wifi
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank evaorasco
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2007

I was born and bred in America so when it comes to cleanliness, oh boy! You know us American borns would be the first to comment on how unkempt a place is.

Trust me, this place is super clean. Why? This hotel has to deal with the constant influx of irritating/annoying American travelers like me and my traveling companions. LOL Yes, we do complain a whole lot! Thankfully, we didn't have to at Boracay Holiday. Everything was to our standards.

They have maids all over the facility dusting and cleaning 24/7. Thank God. Beaches = Lots of Sand! Our linens were changed on the daily. Staff was super cooperative and very proficient in English.

I had an amazing time at Boracay Holiday Resort and I would definitely recommend this place to all who travel to Boracay. :)

• Liked — cleanliness and staff
  • Disliked — the food
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank shirogirl
Skien, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

I spent a night & 2 days at Boracay Holiday. If you book directly, you can get a good rate. They give discounts during low season. Since there are only few guests during this time, they gladly upgraded me to the next higher room category. The staff is so nice...and even nicer if you are friendly to them. My vacation was so perfect. I tried 3 hotels during my stay and all of them are of high standard. Before I pay for any room accommodation, I always make sure that I see the room and the bathroom. I checked out La Carmela (because of their frontbeach location and pool) and I got so disappointed when I saw the rooms and the bed linens. But when I saw Boracay Holiday, I am truly satisfied. The rooms look nice. They even put a crib in our room where my baby slept comfortably the whole night. I just wished they had a softer mattress. Bathroom is clean....with tabo and pail hidden inside the cabinet under the sink. They have a big nice pool with slide. I am not bothered at all by the construction going on. I don't hear them working. The men on the street at night hanging around are locals and harmless. They are tricylce drivers.

• Liked — I love the pool, the rooms, the cleanliness of the environment, the airconditioned restaurant
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank joclaves
manila, philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2007

We stayed there fist week of April and my family really loved the place. I was not really expecting that much because of the bad reviews from this site but the place really exceeded our expectations. I loved its location because just behind it is the market where there are cheap restaurants and souveneir shops. Their location is more private than the beach front resorts where it can be a bit crowded and noisy. It was just a few minutes stroll away from the beach anyway.

I think the suspicious looking people they were referring to were the construction workers and tricycle drivers. They were just sitting there minding their own business. I saw some girls pass by wearing sexy outfits and they did not even give a second glance.

The staff was accomodating and friendly. They even provided us extra towels for the beach. There were enough pillows and blankets for all of us. We really enjoyed every minute of our stay in this resort.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — ???
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank water_baby0808
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2007

We stayed there late January. The place is great. There is a pool and bar that are very clean and cleaned daily. The resort is a short stroll from the beach. The walkway is between two very large resorts on the way to the beach. This resort was recently completed. We stayed in the largest accommodation which included two seperate bedrooms and a shared space with a kitchen, dining table and full size couch/bed. The bedrooms where both laid out the same. Two beds, a Queen and a Twin, a small table with two chairs, a closet and dresser with a remote control television. They also each had a full bathroom with shower. I tested out the unlimited hot water and as stated on their website it was definitely unlimited. The staff was helpful and respectful. I would stay here in the future.

BTW. I can understand the concern of the men in the walkway. They are transportation personel who wait for people who need rides by the resorts. They are not around late at night just during the day. Also there is construction occurring on the way to the beach due to expansions of the other resorts but I did not notice it occurring in the evening. Otherwise there would be many complaints from the customers of the larger resorts which are occupying those resorts as well.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family