“Very much affordable”

Boracay Holiday Resort
Ranked #80 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I can say that this hotel is very affordable for their quality of service. The staffs are nice and approachable. They have a complimentary drinks upon check in, which makes you feel so much welcomed.
We are five persons, 4 adults and 1 child so we booked for their "suite room". This is very good for us because aside from 2 queen size beds, there is one pull up bed available. So all of us have our own space in the room that makes us so much comfortable. We had a very nice sleep during our stay.
This is not a beachfront hotel, so you need to walk almost 5mins to reach the white beach. But it is okay for us, because you are far from noise of beach party.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelm0mmy26

Reviewed May 5, 2011

My fiancee and I stayed here for 4d/3n. We arrived around 11am, too early for check-in, but since there was a vacant room ready, they checked us in right away. And I will totally understand if we have to wait, but I really appreciate what they did for checking us in early. They served us a(they call it welcome drinks, made it sound really refreshing but it is a canned juice) glass of pineapple juice.
Upon checked-in, a bellman helped us carry our bags and took us to our room. As soon as he opened the door, I smelled something weird and funny, not in a good way. The room was stuffy. No air at all. He turned on the AC and it took few minutes before you can feel comfortable and get used to the smell. The bed was really firm, pillow was small and very limited, towels so small and rough, toilet rolls so thin and it breaks when you wipe your behind, really cheap kind, no face towel, small soap, no shampoo. Water pressure weak.
I was told upon check-in, I have to request every time I want my room to be clean. This should be automatic. But, every time I requested it, they clean it pretty good and replenished supplies.
Breakfast was a combination of continental and filipino. It was alright for me since I don't really eat breakfast most of the time.
The location was not too bad at all. Not too far from the beach and d'mall and really close to talipapa, just behind the building. But I don't like the fact that they don't have a place at the beach front. You have to request it at the front desk if you want to have a beach bed or chair and they will escort you to one of the hotels by the beach and they will borrow the bed from them. That's a hassle since you're not going to stay at the beach all the time, but should you need to stay at the beach, you have to go to the front desk and request it, that's quite an inconvenience.
We had dinner at their restaurant just to try it, and man it was a disaster. We ordered pasta and pizza, it was terrible. I guess pizza and pasta was not their thing. When I asked for my check/bill, a waiter came and took the payment. I supposed to have some change back, but the waiter did not come back with my change/money. So I went to look for him and asked for my money. I think, he thought that the change was his TIP. And we're talking about quite a change. More than a good tipper will give.That is not a good business practice. Don't get me wrong, I tipped according to good service and food quality. 20% to my satisfactions.
Despite with all the negatives, I will still stay at this hotel, worse comes to worst. The rate was pretty reasonable. and for me, since I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time in the room, I guess I can overlook their flaws since there is really no such thing as 5star hotel in boracay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ApolloNORCAL
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Booked this place online and we had a great stay! No hassle from check-in to check-out. We arrived there at around 11am, I didn't print the booking confirmation but the receptionist there was so nice to look for my reservation of 3 deluxe rooms and he even upgraded our room to an apartelle for free. We were welcomed with drinks even before they confirmed that they have our reservation.

The rooms were so clean, spacious and very comfortable. The AC works perfectly fine that we had to turn it off so we can stay inside the room without chilling. I like the mirror in their spacious cabinet. The towels provided are soft and white, pillows are soft and beds are not too hard, not too soft. The bathroom has hot and cold shower.

We had a perfect buffet breakfast - pancake, fish, tapa, hotdog, ham, bacon, egg, bread, brewed coffee, cream of mushroom soup, milk, chocolate, longganisa, pasta and more.

We checked-out with no problem and they even sent me a thank you email.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I stayed in this hotel together with my parents and my boyfriend for 2 nights. We stayed in their family room which is worth around P2500. The room is spacious with 2 queen-sized beds. It has a kitchenette complete with ref and stove. It was also clean and cozy. The CR has hot water! Staff is very friendly anfd accomodating. They also have a big pool for adults and a pool for kids just in case you got tired of the beach.

The resort is about 3-5 minutes away from the beach and is located around Station 2. Let me state again that this is not beach front which I thinkn is okay because you would be able to sleep soundly without the hush hush of the crowd. It is near the highway so you won't miss it. The hotel also provides round-trip tour from Caticlan and Kalibo airport. Just check their website for the cost.

Breakfast is buffet style but for some reason they only offer their breakfast for two people even if we were four.

Room Tip: Request for a room far from street.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank merrymaid_05
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Hotel location is a 2 minute walk to White Beach and also has its own good size, clean, well maintained pool. We stayed in standard room which was clean, air conditioned with TV, fridge and telephone. Bathroom was basic, soap, shampoo and towels supplied, shower not very powerful and water pressure a bit weak. Breakfast fairly basic, I settled for cornflakes, coffee and requested toast. All staff are wonderful, very polite, happy, and will do all they can to help you. Should you wish for a hot drink in room you can request a flask and fill it with hot water any time you want. Hotel now also has its own spa.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LondonSeagull
Reviewed March 14, 2011

The room itself was OKAY in terms of cleanliness. The off-white/yellow wallpaper made it look really trashy. Poor lighting gave it a drab feeling… Air conditioner was REALLY FREAKEN loud, so I turned it off in the middle of the night which was okay because the weather was kind of cold.

The bed was okay, but I was self-conscious about leaving a stain (like makeup, etc.) as their signs everywhere saying they’ll charge u if u leave unwashable stains on the sheets.

You HAVE to REQUEST to get your room clean. Shouldn’t it be automatic?

The bathroom was just kind of gross to me. There’s a bucket inside the shower so you can use it to pour water on yourself (SO ASIAN!) which makes me wonder if they clean this bucket at all… In the middle of the night, the water didn’t work when I REALLY needed to take a shower… The water flow was really poor. You could NEVER get the temperature to what you wanted it to be. Either it was TOO COLD or TOO HOT.

You can get rent beach towels which is a plus. The pool wasn’t heated, but I never went in it ne ways.

BUT the worst thing I hated about this was the value. Yes, I went on Chinese New Year, so I paid peak prices, and yes it was cheaper than most of the other hotels/motels in the area… but I basically paid the same amount here as I did in a 5 star resort in Thailand. I know they’re two diff. countries, but it was definitely not a value in terms of being in South East Asia.

I would say this place is like a Motel 6.

Excuse my moderately bad review, but I am a clean freak. I guess I would recommend it if you paid less than I did and you never stay there unless you want to sleep (peak, I paid about 90 USD for a double room)

OH and the location was good. Just 2 min walk from White Beach and a block away from D'Talipapa (the market where you can buy fresh seafood and have some resaurant cook it)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2011

My family likes to stay in the best hotels but our 4-day trip to Boracay this time included a 1-yr old infant, thus, in chosing the hotel accomodation, I had to consider the necessity of having a kitchen to enable us to sterilize the infant's bottles, cook infant's food etc. To my delight, I chanced upon Boracay Holiday Resort while searching online. We arrived early in the morning & check in policy is 2 pm but the front desk staff were so nice to accomodate us since there was a vacant unit at the time of check in. The unit assigned to us was a 2 bedroom with 2 beds plus a single pull out per room and toilet & bath in both rooms. It's not a luxury hotel but I really appreciated the friendly staff who were always quick to respond to every request. Kitchen has all the basic cooking utensils except microwave oven which could have made cooking easier. Beach is a few minutes away which is still okay because you can do some shopping enroute. Another added bonus is the fish market that's right at the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family