“Best Boracay Hotel Experience”

Best Western Boracay Tropics Resort
Ranked #28 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I simply adore this place and highly recommend it! The location is perfect. It may not be beach front but it is strategic. If you've ever been to boracay you will notice that all multicabs and trikes that transport passengers from the jetty port to the hotels are not allowed to drop off passengers infront of the beach. They are usually dropped off on the main road about 500 or so meters from the beach front. If you have luggage, small children, and other stuff to haul it can be quite a tedious task. Not so with boracay tropics, you get dropped off right infront of the hotel so you can check in, settle in, relax, then do your touristy stuff without the hassle and inconvenience. The hotel is highly secured because it has no public access unlike some of the hotels on the beach where anyone can walk around inside hotel premises so no need to worry about losing you camera, wallet, iphone, etc. The hotel is very cozy, relaxing, and the ambiance is in perfect harmony with nature. The landscaping and decor is great! They even have a pool which is VERY CLEAN and well maintained so kids can swim all day in privacy while the folks sip margaritas in the lounge chairs. I was here in 2009 and the place has only gotten better over time which says a great deal about how well they manage the place. We stayed in the 6-bed DORM ROOM as there were 7 of us and it was PERFECT! The room was HUGE and could easily fit up to 8 people even with extra rollaways. The cafe/restaurant was adorable and food was scrumptious as it came FREE with our room...yes FREE for ALL 7 of us unlike other hotels where breakfast is good only for 2 people per room. What a TREAT! Service was excellent from housekeeping, front desk, to the free shuttle service. They can pretty much drop you off anywhere as long as you book it in advance. Since I loved the place so much I checked out the other room types and found that all are in PERFECT CONDITION! The honeymoon suite and cabanas were awesome. The family room even has a kitchen and dining area! Need I say more? You just simply have to book now and be amazed yourself at this gem of a hideaway in the best tropical beach in the world. Enjoy your stay fellow travelers! Great job Boracay Tropics...keep it up. Will stay here every time!

Room Tip: For large groups of 6 or more I recommend the dorm room but note that it only has 1 bathroom so if y...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Malou P
There are newer reviews for Best Western Boracay Tropics Resort

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Airconditioning did not work at the first room PLUS smells of smelly feet in the bathroom. Dried blood drippings on the stairs going up to the 3rd floor and was not cleaned till the next morning. Bhelinda at front desk was not happy to help customers (although Carmela-evening front desk was excellent and Nidtz -housekeeping bent backwards to help). Tried to 'get rid' of my concerns by saying "We will have housekeeping look at your airconditioning". She even blamed me for the heat because 'I might have left the bathroom exhaust on' Asked for a fan but didnt get one. I had to ask for a new room after the inaction of the front desk and my 2nd room was just as hot. 12 hours later, I was sweating at 12:00 midnight (12:32 to be exact) and had to ask Carmela for a fan which helped me sleep. Asked for the airconditiong to be changed on 2nd day (they did) but this was was no better. Front desk never called to follow up. I NEVER had this kind of service and just gave up. At least I could sleep and I was outside most of the time. Would I stay at this hotel again? ARE YOU NUTS? I am going to tell everyone about my bad experience with this hotel (and I have not stopped since). STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anson C
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I did research a lot hotels and prices in Boracay and I decided to make reservations at the Best Western Tropics due to the pricing, pictures and the fact they had a room which could fit 5 people.

The room I booked was the dorm room which can hold up to 6 people.

Let me tell you that I could not have been happier!

This hotel from top to bottom is great. It is really well maintained and it has a gorgeous pool. When you arrive they offer you a nice cold ice tea and as you walk to your room the bellman explains all the features of the hotel. It is about 5-7 minutes walk to the beach. They do offer pick at Boracay Jettiport or you can purchase the transfer from either Kalibo or Caticlan Aiport. Even though you might find cheaper transfers from either Airport I decided to just go with what the hotel offers.

Breakfast has a lot of food options and for all tastes. I had the chance to have lunch and dinner and the food was delicious!

The service is top notch. Every time I had a question or an issue they took care of it on the spot.
One day I was having problems with my internet and I had to come and sit on a bench next to the lobby area. One of the front desk agents saw that and he brought mosquito repellent machine. Things like this you just don't see it anymore.

At the time of my stay internet worked from time to time. They were in the process of upgrading their system. The best are to get a good connecting is around the pool, in the restaurant or lobby area.

Kudos to MARK (Front Desk) and Jeffer (RESTAURANT)

There is another front desk agent, she is a girl with a name that starts with D....I wish I did remember. I left a comment card with her name on it.

They were all great!

I have been in many hotels and this is the best so far.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Onthelook
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Manila office was so helpfull and provided the best arrangement possible. Making our transfers very convinient. They have also upgraded our room as we are newly wed, with no extra charges. Thier staff in Boracay were very friendy and have made our stay very wonderfull. Will definitely refer this resort if you guys plan to stay and visit Boracay.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our stay was great ... the hotel staff was friendly and handled all of our questions and complaints quickly and happily. Breakfast service was fantastic. The buffet was standard but complete ... eggs, fruit, bread, pastry, soup, some hot dishes. The room was cleaned well every day and we had a beautiful view of the pool and grounds. The grounds are lovely ... green and lush. The only complaint is that other toursists were going into the pool with their clothes on, sometimes over their bathing suits and sometimes just shorts or even pants! and t-shirt. They have a sign saying to wear proper bathing attire, but it is difficult to enforce.
Overall, I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patriotlove
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I spent our summer holiday here. The place is reallyyyyy nice and clean, the staffs are friendly and the location, which is just 2-3 mins walk to the beach, is good for a quiet stay. I arranged a surprise dinner for my parent's anniversary with their help and it turned out to be outstanding and the upgraded price is very reasonable! The food is great as well! I highly recommend this hotel for those who wanted to have a holiday in Boracay. And I would surely love to stay here again next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank purpleprincess17
Reviewed May 17, 2013

we had a wonderful stay at this hotel.food was good and the room was clean most of the time.Accomodation was excellent.I requested for them to change the room,and it was changed right away happy happy happy happy,hotel staff are very friendly always with a smile thankyou all for making

• Stayed: May 2013