“Very nice hotel at an affordable price”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Escondido Beach Resort
Ranked #120 of 151 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had no idea of what the reviews are for this hotel. This was the first hotel I found that was available on March 23-26 which was within my budget. I was quite surprised. Everyone was polite and cheerful. Greeting you every time you enter and exit the hotel. The room was clean enough and was quite large actually. The beds were clean and the pillows were plump. The water was fine and the airconditioning unit worked well too. They served free American breakfast - bread, hotdog, ham, egg & some greens but what I wanted was the good old FIlipino breakfast which unfortunately they don't have in their menu. Their restaurant is Taiwanese I believe. Overall, I liked the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Faye P

Reviewed March 31, 2012

me and my 2 friends just had our vacation from the 24th to 28th of March 2012. The hotel room was very nice. I didn't expect it that way though due to the reviews ive read. I read some of the reviews before our trip and I pity the hotel for receiving some of the nasty reviews they don't deserve. First of all, are you aware how difficult to remove a henna stain? i really think it's just fair that the hotel will charge if their bedsheets, pillow covers, and the like get henna stains. Try removing a henna stain yourself and you'll get my point. Second, read read read!!! escondido never claimed that they are located beach front of boracay. we chose it because we wanna get away from the noise. we want to get a hotel in station1 and we found a really good price in escondido. we knew that escondido is not beachfront. But it's not a long walk as how it was exaggerated in the other reviews. it's a minute or 2 walk to the beach. our tv was a 40 inch LG flat screen. it's probably a recent upgrade. well, i didn't come to boracay to watch tv so i dont mind at all if ill have a black and white tv. the staff are really friendly. they all have warm smiles when we see them and really accommodating and helpful. we have free breakfast - continental breakfast only. im a big eater so the breakfast isn't enough but knowing it's free, im totally fine with it. an upgrade is 100 pesos additional. food in hotels is always expensive. so it's not really a surprise unless this is your first time to travel. the room is really clean and smells good, too. we requested for room service every day so we get a clean room every day. ;-) thanks guys! i like the view of the garden during night time. it just sparkles; really nice lighting. my only complaint is the water supply around 11am to 1pm. it is very inconsistent. but overall, the place, the staff, the food, the room, A++. i only paid for 3700 for 5days and 4 nights. it includes free continental breakfast. im definitely coming back. just tips guys: i dont recommend dining in hotels. hotel food rates are really expensive. stay in escondido, have breakfast. swim and have fun in the beach then dine somewhere else. boracay has tons of great and affordable restos. dont book for the activites offered by the hotels. it's much cheaper to deal with the locals offering such activities. they usually come to you while beach strolling... quite annoying but they offer good prices. and to shoo them away, just tell them "tapos na..." and they will leave you alone right away. i recommend kuya albert!!! super nice. we gave him a tip and food which he refused. he got the food after we insisted... we got a great deal in island hopping, helmet diving, and ATV. we paid a lot less than 1500 each for the 3 activites. thanks kuya albert! i think it also pays if you are genuinely nice to people 'cause they will give you a good price. if you have a henna tattoo, be sure to thoroughly rinse off any excess ink so you won't stain the bed sheets. and remember, don't sweat the small stuff! boracay is fun! enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
14  Thank Jorja S
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I went to Boracay with my friends last April 1 ,2011 to spend our one week summer vacation, and we stayed at Escondido Beach Resort. We liked the place so much. Their rooms are cozy and clean. It was quiet & relaxing, and the staff were very friendly. They served delicious breakfast, especially their homemade tocino and longanisa. Our rooms were cleaned everyday. And even if they're not on the beach front ,it's only 5 minutes walk to beach.
We also tried the food in their restaurant "Boracay Crab House". We ordered their house specialty - the chili crabs & prawns and the bagnet was amazing! It was all so yummy...
We will surely come back in this place again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank lornav_89
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Although it's location is tagged as Station 1, it's really amid a residential area, so it would be quiet because locals tend to be asleep at night. It is not a minute walk to the beach, you will pass by a good number of stores, a basketball court, a church, a mexican restaurant apart from a beachfront hotel. So that's false advertising.
Rooms have huge glass doors& windows, and though it has roman shades, it DOESN'T really cover much. very small bathroom (our toilet even has a leak!). I hated taking a bath because the water is very inconsistent. i could understand if its only the pressure that's inconsistent, but the temperature goes from very hot to very cold on its own. the TV's way too small for the price (15-17 inch?), remote doesn't work. No security box whatsoever provided.
We stayed in Boracay for two days airfare and hotel booking generously paid for by my husband's boss who was staying at a rented house with his family. The minute we checked in, we deposited our bags in the room, left our keys with the reception and immediately left to maximize our stay in the island. Oh, our companions wasn't able to check in yet as at 1:30 their rooms aren't ready yet. We went back at around 3-4am to get a nap, had breakfast at 7am.
By the way, the food is way too expensive--continental breakfast consists of 2 slices bread, anchor butter in individual pack, a dollop of jam, and coffee (or juice). that's PHP150 . if you want to upgrade, you can add either 3strips of bacon or ham to this or a filipino breakfast (choice of adobo, danggit, hotdog, daing with rice) for a nifty 100Php + 10% srvc charge. Or you can cut the crap right then and there, walk a few steps out of the place and get the same meal for 60PHP.
Hey, going back. after the meal, we went out again, enjoyed the banana boat and flying fish, had a henna at around 11am, had our lunch, experienced Zorb. If you had that before, you'd know that you'll be very wet inside as they put bucketsful of water inside to make you slide with the ball. if there is any henna left to rinse, it would've been removed there. we went back to the hotel to change and went out again, had a massage, went back to the hotel at 3am.
The morning after, we we're already pressed for time as we still need to travel to Kalibo to catch our plane. when we got back, the receptionist followed us to check out our rooms. I guess she's very good with her job because she went straight to the pillows, took it out and was demanding us to pay for henna stain.
This is not our first time to have a henna tattoo, heck i sometimes make my own whenever i get my hands on available henna. i know when a henna stain is new, and the first casualties of henna stain are bed sheets. she presented a henna stained pillow case that has already been washed, WAY DIFFERENT from what any of us had on, saying that they don't know who we allow to get inside our rooms. which is stupid as they have our keys for 80% of the time as we deposit it at the reception whenever we leave.
She kept saying that if we don't pay for the stained pillow case, it would be unfair for them because their manager will make them pay for it. Which is stupid because it is unfair to us to pay for something we didn't cause.She was arguing that they cleaned the rooms right before we checked in and that they gave us clean sheets then. I argued back asking who'd take the time to check each every pillowcase/bedding/towel/sheets upon checking in. I also argued that the stains have been washed already, she was claiming that these are caused by new henna stain, before washing. i was already causing a racket, as I had to ask my other companions to leave ahead of me and my husband as we'd already miss our flight because of this.
She left to check with her manager (who's suspiciously doesn't even bother to check what the racket was) as i was already threatening to go to my solicitor to consult regarding this, as i'm already suspecting a scam. She went back and asked for us to pay at least half of the charge. Did I mention that the said pillowcase seem to be made out of very thin cotton used for cheap uniforms, cheesecloth like? And the price they ask for the stained pillowcase would be enough to make pillowcases for all their rooms???? Nothing special about it, it doesn't even have any markings for their inn (it's so not a hotel.)
For principle i didn't really want to pay. I wanted to have another tattoo, and show what a newly henna stained pillow looked like. I hated that it was very impractical as since it is a peak season in boracay now, it will be very hard to book for a return flight, and I only have limited time off work. We were forced to pay half, and vowed to warn everyone of this place. This is too long already, and hey, i haven't even mentioned how we suspect they enter our room while we're out!

Room Tip: Book anywhere but in Escondido.