“Very good htl. Far from beach pubs”

Villa Caemilla Beach Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Very good htl. Far from beach pubs”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The htl is excelent, is far from "beach night," and d mall , but if you like excelent view, people and drinks.. so go to Caemilla, really is a good option. Sophisticate and is good for romantic couples. Enjoy the dinners and beach. Is at station 3. Good, very good.

Room Tip: beach view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MAU1967
Wesley v, Manager at Villa Caemilla Beach Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Goodday,

Thank you for your positive response,
Especially from a guest that has travelled almost around the world

Regarding the small distance between us and d'mall we hope to provide
Free shuttle service soon, as an additional service.

We hope to welcome you back soon in Villa Caemilla

Wesley van der Voort
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed in Villa Caemilla for a week and loved it for the most part: The rooms were spotless - clean, beautiful and with a quiet A/C. The location could not have been any better: The beach is literally just a stone's throw away, three seconds walking distance I'd say. Their food and drinks were lovely, too. They will be happy to serve you at the beach as well.
The reception staff was very welcoming and friendly. Oh, and the General Manager is a fantastic, laid-back guy! ;) However, the restaurant staff was, compared to American standards, for example, insanely slow, disorganized and clueless about their menu items. Maybe it's the heat that causes that - I do not know. But I do know that taking an order does not need to take five minutes or more if there are just two tables taken. Also, I expect service staff to know which dishes from the menu are actually available. As we also went to a number of other restaurants I noticed that customer service in general is not the filipino's strong point so don't get your hopes up that they will come back to you and ask whether everything is okay.

1 Thank Aeneken
Goodday,

and positive feedback,

I can see you have travelled a lot in Europe, and I understand that Standards
are different. We are now changing the management to improve our level of quality
Next time in Villa Caemilla I hope you will notice the difference.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Wesley van der Voort
Resort Manager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I will say that I have been coming to Boracay since the mid 80s, before there was electricity on the island....or all the tourist for that matter.

Thus is the first time I came with a woman so my itinerary was a bit different than in the past when I traveled alone, and therefore my choice of a hotel in this price range, not cheap for the island or station 3 for that matter.

Station three is considered the "cheap" end of the island and by most accounts, it still is where one will find the lower priced lodging. Station three also tends to be more quiet than most parts of White Beach, even more so than Station One. But still very near to all the action if that is what one is wanting. Also, there are plenty of restaurants in all Stations of White Beach with prices ranging from the third world to New York City prices and food for all pallets.

On to the hotel. A few years ago this hotel was on the cheaper end and fit right into the Station Three price point. Today, and rightly so, the prices are more in line with a minimum that one would expect to find in Europe or The United States, starting around $150 or so at current conversion rates and going up to about $500 a night for the Executive Suite with a sea view.

From the ways it looks, there are only the three suites that have a direct sea view. All rooms are less than 100 meters/yards from the ocean, with the hotel being directly on the beach and only separated by the walking path in front of it.

We started out in the least expensive room the first night, anticipating our upgrade that was offered online in the 4th day. Due to my critique to Bill the General Manager about the staff utility room next to our room, 107, he very generously gave us an upgrade after the first night. Unbeknownst to us it was to the Executive suite. This is quite large and fairly luxurious by almost any standard other than a millionaires or Hollywood elite. I think that they would be quite comfortable in it though also. The renovation has done wonders to what was once a 2 star hotel.

We had breakfast here each morning and a few lunches. The food is good and portion size quite acceptable. Being in The Philippines and having lived here in the 80s, I still find the restaurant service to be of Filipino standard and not what one would usually expect in the USA,which is considered the customer service standard for the planet. I will say that they screed up our orders a few times. It nothing that dictated sending the order back. A mix up in toast and eggs here or there but as I said, the food is good and we are flexible. Plus, they always are doing their work with a smile and as Filipinos are, quite politely.

Overall, and to conclude, I will stay here again and would recommend it to anyone reading this. My minimal critiques of,this establishment are the same that I would have and do have at any location in The Philippines. Nothing is ever going exactly as planned in this country, at least as far as I have experienced in the last 28 years. It is the Third World after all.

There is no fitness center, therefore the average rating and the swimming pool is non-existent but the ocean serves as such and is beautiful. My service rating is based on the fact that even when it is not good by my usual American standards, it is very good by Filipino standards.

5 Thank Michael K
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

NEW hotel is beautifully situated, the staff are very polite and agreeable, your requests will be fulfilled! all very clean and comfortable, and the General Director of the hotel, just a wonderful person, he's Canadian, lives 9 years in Boracay, his hobby is cooking and as a consequence, the food at the hotel is very tasty! not only breakfast;)

We had a great time at this wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: try to afford a suite room ... but do not forget to ask for a discount, you might get lucky. We were...
1 Thank Kirill_Marchenko
Brussels
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at the Villa Caemilla Beach Boutique Hotel between Christmas and the 2014 New Year. The hotel was recently opened and I met very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were very comfortable and very well maintained. The Hotel location on the beachfront at the south end of the beach is excellent - well removed from the noise and bustle but in easy reach of day and night time activities

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed at Villa Caemilla for 4 nights over Chinese New Year and had an excellent experience.
We arrived on the first flight out of Manila so were at the hotel at around 830am, however our room was ready for us (a welcome relief) and we were greeted with towels and a welcome drink. Whilst our room was at the back of the hotel it still had a balcony with a view over a few out buildings and some trees which was interesting if nothing else. The room itself was clean, tastefully decorated and modern and although there wasn’t much natural light it still felt bright.
Over the course of our stay we had a couple of minor issues – (the hot water was only tepid and we had no milk for tea – One day the room was not made up) but as soon as we called reception someone would come and sort the issue right away. One thing to note is that the Wifi didn’t really work in our room but it was usually fine in the lobby and restaurant.

The best thing about this hotel is its location, I loved the quiet, chilled out feeling of Station 3 and the hotel is right there on the beach with sun loungers for the guests laid out. It’s absolutely stunning. If I went back again I would be sure to get one of the rooms at the front of the hotel with sea views.

The restaurant is beautiful positioned overlooking the beach and the food is very reasonably priced and tasty - Although the staff sometimes confused our order (we found this quite common in the Philippines) they were polite, apologetic and always rectified the situation swiftly.

Thank you to all the staff at Villa Caemilla, I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Boracay.

Room Tip: If you can go for a sea view room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank rfbharper123
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel has changed name from From Camilla to Caemilla...

It has also been refurbished and had a face lift, reopened in Dec 2013 so we were among the first guests. Staying over the new years eve period.

On the main beach strip as you would expect but this place is located a good 10 minute walk away from D'mall which is the busiest hub of the strip. So I liked the location.

The beach right out front is also slightly less packed when compared to the central area.

Service was good and the staff were keen to help. They also assist you in getting to and from the hotel when travelling in and out with the help of a travel partner.

Foods and breakfast was nothing to write home about but certainly not bad either given that food on Boracay is not that great overall.

When assessing this hotel it is worth keeping in mind that this is not a big city resort, its a relaxed hotel on the beach. Having said that they room has all mod cons and amenities you would expect. There if also free Wifi in the communal areas.

I have attached some pictures from the rooms and hotel.

Looking at the other hotels on the strip I think this is a good choice.

Big ticket item: the bathrooms were very clean and well maintained. We heard a few people complaining about damp but management appeared to be working on it.

Good job guys