“Perfectly located”

Ranked #84 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Cheshire
“Perfectly located”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Myself and a friend stayed in the Bans beach resort. There is a major construction site in progress, right next door to the hotel, but it didnt disturb us at all. It is comfy, reasonably priced and right near the beach, bars, and restaurants that Boracay has to offer.

We had one of the white rooms down the bottom end. the aircon is superb, the beds are extremely comfortable and brand new matresses and the showers are huge and the water warm. The balcony is nice and warm and the wifi works perfectly. I went out there to dive and to kitesurf and Boracay is the perfect place to do this.

Kitesurfing beach - Bullabog - is about a ten minute walk from the Bans resort and is easy to find, where as the dive centre, Free willys, is at the end of the path of bans.

All in all, if i come back to Boracay with my family, I would 100% pick the Bans beach resort to stay at and will recommend it to my friends.

Recommend -Mint Bar - happy hour beers 6 San Mig light 250 Peso
Ole Restaurant, in Dmall
Mangoriders Kitesurfing over on Bullabog, far right as you get to the beach

Happy holidays!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MrSerious

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Bans is totally just about location and value. I've stayed here a couple of times not because of the luxury or service but the convenience of just being a few steps from where the action is. I usually hang out on the beach or any of the bars and restos throughout the day so I basically just needed a place to crash after a long day and night.

Reservations just required one phone call. Th peak season just started when I went last week but I haggled for the rates and was given the regular rate of P 1,500/night instead of the P 2,500/night peak season rate. The rest just required a couple of text exchanges as you will be required to make a 50% deposit to their bank account to confirm your reservation. Be sure to keep the original deposit slip, text messages and name/s of the person you spoke with for reference. I require them to text me back my confirmation indicating the details i.e. rates and what bungalow/room etc.

The resort is laid out pretty simple. It's located in Station 1 right next to Bamboo lounge. There's a dive shop in front and the reception desk is right behind it. There are 3 hotel type rooms above reception then 6 rows of individual cottages. A couple more hotel type rooms are located at the back. I would usually get a cottage as it's slightly bigger and for bit more privacy. Rooms are pretty basic with a 21" TV, small fridge, electric kettle, 2 glasses, teaspoons and instant coffee. The bathroom is adequately sized with hot/cold shower. It also has a veranda where you can just hang out. Each morning, the cleaning ladies would ask if I want to have the room cleaned. They also provide free wi-fi with good to excellent connection speeds even in my cottage.

This place is not for those who require luxury or pampering. Service is basically non-existent but the staff at reception are nice and accommodating (Jelyn and Michelle) and the cleaning ladies who would always greet me in the morning. It can also be quite noisy at night as there are bars right by the entrance. But I doubt if you'd notice it after coming home from partying. There's also a condominium being built adjacent to the resort but then again, I'm out during the day. Other than that, it's great value with everything else and the gorgeous beach practically right by your doorstep.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank bryantpark88
Switzerland
Reviewed March 2, 2010

My family and friends had a very unpleasant experience at Bans Boracay.

Just upon checking out, we were informed that they did not receive our 50% deposit which was sent to them a month before we checked in.This despite the fact that we already showed them the fund transfer receipt upon check in and was brought to our cottages. We really felt shocked about their news and if it weren't for the fact that we had a local lawyer-friend with us, they wouldn't have moved heaven and earth to try to trace our downpayment. So save yourself a headache and don't check in this hotel...They don't have any reliable system to check your money transfer so you might just lose it unfairly.

And, oh, by the way, there's a big hotel being constructed beside it so it gets to be really noisy at daytime (and at night time from the bars nearby). Their huts may look very nice but it's not a relaxing place to stay at all...so be warned.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
21 Thank Sintea

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Q.C.
Reviewed March 8, 2009

my family & i stayed there for 5 days & we fell inlove w/ the place... not only do you get ur own small air conditioned w/ veranda clean cottage.... their accomodations is also thoughtout... w/ hot water, w/ a wireless kettle for ur foor and beverage needs, 2coffee sachets, 2cups and suacers, w/ cable, soap, clean towels w/c are replaced upon request (bec. they won't enter/clean ur room unless you ask them to obviously for safety and security reasons} and you can also chose a cottage very near or a few more steps furthur from the white beach depending on ur liking.... the location is also PERFECT!!! it is located in the less crowded part of the beach but it is also near everything... walk to ur right and it will lead you to the serene part of the beach... walk to ur left and it will lead you to the livelier face of boracay (d' mall, d' talipapa, the bars...) ...
sadly we cannot afford to stay there during the peak season (coz we're going back to bora on mar 18) but for our oct '09 trip we'll surely book there again...

• Stayed October 2008
4 Thank ShySky
adam9ka
Reviewed January 17, 2008

I booked two bungalows for 2750 PP almost 2 months before we were to arrive in Boracay. Now it is two weeks out and they have contacted us saying they have raised the rates to 3750PP. This has left us with having to scramble to find a place to say that doesn't try to cheat its customers!!!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Business Practices
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
9 Thank adam9ka
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed January 14, 2008

Well, we went to Boracay day after Christmas. Stayed at Bans Dec 26-30, 2007.

Over-all, with the price we paid, it was acceptable. Amongst the station 1 and 2 resorts, this as the only one I was able to get availability for, based on the # of rooms we needed.

PROS:

It was cheap, considering it borders Stations 1 and 2; The rooms were standard, the breakfast could've been better, but the location was just right: Close enough to D'Mall where we could do our shopping, but not too close to the party-central resorts like Beachcomber/Club Paraw.

The beach was a 3-minute walk from our room. Since it borders station 1 and 2, the beach wasn't as crowded, and it's close to a number of good food places like The Real Coffee and Tea Cafe, Big Mama's grill, Cafe del Mar etc. And conveniently, Zorba's Bar and Bamboo Lounge is right outside the property, so you can unwind and have drinks without having to worry about how to get back to your hotel after you've downed your 15th bottle of beer! You can literally crawl back to your hotel without a hitch!

CONS:

FIRST ISSUE: when it rained, our area was just FLOODED! Although they provided wooden planks as "bridges", there was not enough that we had to wade in shin-deep, murky, dirty, god-knows-what's-floating-in-this rain & gutter water! It was the 1st problem/con that we encountered.

SECOND ISSUE: We were assigned the deluxe aircon rooms which are the ones situated more interior in the property, in the white building structure. I wasn't impressed by the service, although I can say the staff tried their best to make things work.

At one point we got into an argument with the reception staff because a room that I was promised would be assigned to my family (who were arrviing 2 days after me and my husband) was given to a French guest. Their reasoning for the switch: because the French guests complained and did not want the other room that was assigned to them. I demanded that my parents be reinstated in their original room. Aside from the fact that they made the change without consulting me (the paying party), this became a sore issue because they basically demoted and moved my parents to another room and gave preference to the foreigners -- eventhough my reservation was booked and deposited way back in July 2007. What the heck?!? Racism and discrimination in my own country, by my own fellow Filipino??? I am paying full price just like these foreigners, what makes them more important than me???

Thankfully, they were able to make the switch-back and we were given the rooms we were promised.

Over-all, the trip was great. The resort is okay. I suggest that you stay in the stand-alone cabanas with the small balcony. The rooms are smaller, but because it seems to rest on slightly elevated ground, it did not get flooded like our area did. And they seem to have better water pressure too.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — flooding and poor staff
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank lulai55
manila
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I've been to Boracay several times with different groups and Bans is the best place to stay. The first time i went to the island, we stayed in an expensive hotel and yes it was a good place. but when i found out about Bans, the low room rate and a good place is really worth it! everytime i went back in Boracay, Bans is always on top of my head! the next time i'll go there, i'd still book at Bans!

• Liked — rates
  • Disliked — facilities
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank superworm