“Ok for a group of friends” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of the Club Ten Beach Resort Boracay

the Club Ten Beach Resort Boracay
Ranked #74 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
San Francisco, California, United States
“Ok for a group of friends”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This place is good if you are travelling with a big group of friends and want to all stay in the same room. Our room had 3 beds (one in a loft area) and was pretty comfortable and spacious. I liked that they stalked the fridge with water, soda, and beer and they had wifi. However, I would not call this a resort by any means. The towels were tiny and really old and the shower floor was the bathroom floor - so when you showered, there was no curtain to keep any of your stuff in the bathroom dry (i.e. toilet paper). The location is good - just off of the beach. However, beware if you are coming here at night. The taxi will drop you off on this dark path that you have to walk along for a few minutes before you reach the hotel. Would be nice if they put up a sign. I'd say the place is good for friends but I would opt for a nicer location right on the beach if I were travelling with a significant other. One redeeming quality is that it is very quiet since it is off the beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the family room with three double beds.
The whole resort? (no pool,no relaxation area,no anything like a resort) is in dire need of proper maintenance. Everything is just so rundown and covering it up with paint is not enough.
Beds were beaten up and the upstairs bed had a slab of foam for the mattress.
The hot water runs out very quickly.
WIFI was almost non existant.

Ok the good..the reception staff were very good. The television worked.
Thats about it.
Club ten is well positioned but if you arrive after dark you have to find your way through a pitch black muddy paddock and climb through a fence to get there.
In a way it was fun to go back to my early travelling adventures of rough rooms and very limited facilities.
Although for sleeping rough its a bit harsh at $80 per night.

• Stayed January 2013
Boracay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed in the hotel early last year for my better half's birthday. The staff were very eager to help me (and my friend) in setting-up our gimmicks to surprise him. We really enjoyed our stay and has so much fun together. In fact, the staff is very attentive in every request we had during our stay! They helped us to make our simple celebration a success! They had our breakfast room serviced in the morning. It was really memorable. Thanks Club Ten! :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissElle12
siargao
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

don't have a whole lot to say, it was a ok place for 3 persons to stay cos we all wanted our own bed, family room did that for us. The staff was friendly and kept our room tidy everyday, not the brightest bunch but that might be a lack of management. No restaurant but did serve simple filippino breakfast. At night they only had a night guard on duty and when things did not work, like our power and stuff he could not help. Location was good though, middle of station 2 and close to everything. I could stay here again but for the price P3500 I might just opt for a sweeter deal with pool and bar on my next trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gryforsell
Manila
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This review is long overdue. Stayed here with my aunties last summer (April) for 1 night after transferring from another hotel. It's not beachfront, you need to take an alley to get to the place but the exteriors looked cute with all of its colors. The rooms we had was big (loft-style) that can comfortably accommodate 4 of us. I'm not a fancy person, I think the room is okay but what I didn't like are the mosquitoes. There's just a lot of them in there! ..maybe seasonal I'm not sure. Water pressure inside the shower was also no good leaving the heater unusable. Our room also had massive leaks inside caused by rains in the island.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dreydel

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Manila
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights with many friends, we had 3 "villas". The rooms are quite nice in fact but not up to the expectations we may have when paying $150 per night in a country like philippines. It's not beach front but a short walk to the beach. That's the okay part.

Now when it comes to any of the most basic services you may expect in an hotel: room cleaning, fresh towels, toilet paper supply, laundry... it just doesn't exist in this place.
We ended up going to the manager and scream at her to send us someone to clean the room. Otherwise, nothing happens. Had to run after the staff to get a new towel after 2 or 3 days asking for it, same thing for toilet paper. Laundry never came back and we had to go ourselves to the laundry place to pick it up because theey coundn't advance about $4 to pick it up for us.......
More fun in the Philippines I guess.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NicoAkr
Seoul, South Korea
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I wanted to upgrade for one night from the Boracay Courtyard Resort. It was 1500 pesos for a single room, which was pretty big and breakfast was included. Flat screen tv, big bed, fridge with mini bar, safe, storage closet, and a table with two chairs. The colorful decor is also good for the room, and the entire resort.

I didn't like the "door" being a sliding glass door as it was difficult to lock at times and it was impossible to make sure the curtains covered every part of the screen. Also, the connecting upstairs suite that was supposed to stay locked was mistakenly opened once by housekeeping. There were little ants on the patio and a few on the bathroom floor also.

This is the part that had me furious when leaving: I asked for laundry service around 1pm. I confirmed that it would be 80 pesos total, for normal service to be picked up the next morning. They offered rush service for 160 pesos if I wanted it the same day, I declined. The next morning, I magically had a laundry bill for 409 pesos. So after confirming the day before that it would be 80 pesos total, they now said that it was 80 pesos per kg, and I think I had about 2.5-ish. The most outlandish part was that they now considered pick up in the morning "rush" service that I was told nothing about. They now argued that normal service would be 4pm instead of the morning as they said the previous night. How can you just change/make up rules like that??? Good job Club Ten, if I ever thought about staying there again, you made sure that I wouldn't!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo