“My Boracay escape @Jony's Beach Resort!”

Jony's Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Philippines
“My Boracay escape @Jony's Beach Resort!”
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Before my Bora escape, I took time to review accommodation in the island and found Jony's one of the top ten hotels ranked fronm the tripadvisor. I contacted each one and finally got #7 Jony's availability for our trip. I contacted the hotel right away and got prompt response that sealed the deal...all set to go!

I arrive in the last week of Feb through early March when the peak season is starting. Anyhow, I am thankful that around that time the place is not too jampacked or very crowded.

Jony's arranged everything for us just as we requested, hassle-free! The hotel may not be as extravagant as the luxury hotels around Boracay but I am just as glad about the location and services from Jony's. We are located at the beachfront in stn1 and less crowded, so you can have your peace early in the morning and most of the day.

Jony's staff are excellent! Thanks to Ging, Rev, Cam, Nell, Emann, Nato, Arjay, Rey, the guards and others...feels like family, feels like a second home. Hospitality at its best! I have been in different hotels and places in Asia, Europe, US and Middle East and I am proud of the Filipino hospitality!

Food? I dont dig restos in the resorts. All you have to do is to go to D'Talipapa (wet & dry market) for fresh seafood (go to a resto and ask them to cook the stuff for you), variety of fruits and souvernir shops. For a selection of different cuisines and novelty shops just go to D' Mall. You can buy and get everything in Boracay. Walk, discover and enjoy the experience.

This is my first visit to Boracay and was totally smitten by this gifted island paradise! Blue crystal clear water and unique powdery fine sand....unbelievable! The sand doesnt get hot even when the temperature is sooooooooooooooo hot! Just awesome...no doubt I have seen too many tourists - Germans, Russians, British, Canadians, Japanese, Chinese, Americans and Filipinos etcccccc. I asked some of them and they unanimously love Boracay and promised to visit soon once again!

I totally got rid of my laptop -no emails.......just a week of fun, relaxation, peace, rejuvenation and the sea!

I also tried the Mandala Spa's Princess package and its awesome! Thanks to my Spa Attendant Nika!

Too many things to do and discover, so little time....I am planning my second visit soon!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AmazingAnna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
china
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We visited boracay at low-season, wall-in and with good price. The resotr is between s1 and s2, just next to the beach comber. The room is simple but good. The staff is very nice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank milkhailin
london
Reviewed February 19, 2010

The guide books don't do this place justice at all. The rooms have nice character, lovely setting, and are very clean. Position is great, atmosphere very warm, and the staff are very very friendly, helpful and welcoming - they bend over backwards to please you. When I return to Boracay, this will be first on my list!

• Stayed September 2009
2 Thank ddlp
New York, USA
Reviewed February 7, 2010

This beach resort is a perfect place to stay when you visit Boracay. The accommodation is across the main road at the back of their beach lounge so you can't hear all the the various music from various hotels. The rooms are decent and very clean. The beach lounge is perfect to laze around infront of the turquoise ocean. Jony's also offers the best smoothies in Boracay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank piezy
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 4, 2010

As it was low season, my friends and i decided to book our lodging when we reach Boracay. An advantage of doing so is that we are were able to view the room and the surroundings before making our decision. Upon reaching Boracay, it was already about 5pm. It was considered late as we did not expect to reach so late. We went straight to station 2 to search for our accomodation but ended up in station 1 at Jony's Beach Resort. The staffs were very friendly and welcoming and had no problems for us to view their various rooms. We were introduced and recommended to the largest room with double storey sitting on the top floor and a balcony that faces the sea. They actually have 2 units side by side. Privacy is good as there is only 1 stair way that leads to the room. We decided on this room as it was about 7pm after we negotiated for a good price. Paid S$200/night for the room which is shared by 4 of us.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank playereleven
Shanghai
Reviewed February 2, 2010

The whole group is 9 adults and my son, 4 years old. We order the rooms via email directly. Ms. Ging and Ms. Rev are very freindly and patient. I asked many questions about the room, price, activities but they alway answered quickly. Finally they offered our good package price including breakfest, one dinner, pick up/send from/to airport, massage,Island hopping, etc. We save much money and worry via their service.
During 21st,Jan,2010 to 24th,Jan,2010, we enjoyed sea, white beach, fruit shake and delicious seafood . Jony's is in station 1 but very near to Staion 2, so it is queit in the room and very convenient to shopping and join happy hour. Jony's is not face to sea directly but the road is only 5 meteres. They have personal beach and resturant just at the beach, we enjoyed their food and fruit shake very much. All of us were very satisfied with what they offered to.
We definately will recommend to others. If you want to find one good-price, quiet and comfortable resort, Jony's is! They are not big but so warm.
Hope everybody have wonderful holidy at Jony's.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank lindashanghai
Melbourne
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I'd like to start by saying that Jonys is one of the best places I have stayed at during my past travels let alone my trip to the Philippines!
I traveled to Boracay with one of my friends and we stayed at Jonys for 8 nights, and let me just say it was certainly not long enough. I fell in love with the island, the food and especially the Filipino people on the island but most of all the staff at Jonys. The staff at the Hotel as well as the restaraunt were amazing. Their friendliness, customer service, fantastic attitude and their willingness to help made our time there amazing, i really didnt want to leave! The twin room that we stayed in was fabulous. nice and big and with a newly renovated bathroom with pretty good water pressure! The beach is literally 10 steps from the hotel and there is a crossing guard there all the time, even at night to help you cross the 'busy' (it really isnt even that busy but the hotel is on a corner so its a bit hard to see whats coming up around the bend) 1 metre wide street.
The breakfasts that are included are yum and you have a pretty good choice of about 8 options. The fruit shakes made by Darlo are AMAZING, try the ice-tea shake as well! I loved going to the restaraunt, it has a mexican theme and pretty good food, the quesadillas make a nice beach snack! As well as mexican food, my friend and I sampled some of their more gourmet offerings on our last dinner which i can safely say was the best meal I have had in a long time, and definately rivals any meal in Melbourne!!! The seafood in the Philippines is astounding, huge shrimp! The restaraunt staff are the friendliest people you could meet and are happy to help you with anything you need.
The beach is phenomenal, powder white sand and crystal clear water, definately lived up to my expectations and all the pictures. The only slightly annoying thing are the hawkers selling pearls, sunglasses etc, but they get the point after a while.
The location of Jonys was excellent for us as it is on the cusp of boat station 1 and 2. It was far enough away from D'Mall that it was nice and peacefull on the beach (not to mention that boat station 1 is the best part of the beach and less crowded) but also close enough to the action so that we could stroll to one of the many restaraunts and cafes for lunch and stumble home easily after a big night out. If you're up for a party make sure you go to Summer Place, it kicks off after 11pm every night!
I know this is a long review but I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed Boracay, and staying at Jonys, I will definitely be visitng them again, hopefully very soon!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends