“Good overall value”

Jony's Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 152 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Had been a while since we went to Boracay, so decided to do a long weekend with friends who were staying at Jony's and booked a room there. Room is decent, with TV, safe deposit box, mini ref, and a nice bathroom. The rooms are across the street from the beach, but within easy walking distance (50 meters from our rooms).

The food was okay, but nothing spectacular. Menu has the potential to be awesome, but I felt most of the food was very bland and could have been prepared more carefully. The service staff could have been better trained/more attentive, there seemed to be mostly college trainees working during a very busy period. The fruit shakes remain to be awesome, however. Just like I remember them from years past.

Overall, it is a decent place to stay, but there are better ones in the area for slightly more money.

Room Tip: The rooms behind the front office on the ground floor are most convenient to the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris_Stolk

Reviewed June 3, 2013

After a nightmare of a ride in Manila it was refreshing to have the staff at Jony's waiting for us upon arrival. We organised the transfers from Caticlan to Jony's which I would highly recommend as it makes the journey so much less stressful.
I stayed in the Deluxe room on the top level of the first building, room was spacious and very clean upon arrival, shower is large, air con works a treat and the in room safe is always handy to have.
The resort has a restaurant/bar that provides direct access to the beach as is a great place to sit and have a drink/eat, the beach on this side of white beach I found is also less crowded
I highly recommend the juices, very tasty and extremely cheap, also the Happy hour is a great way to start the night AUD4 for s mojito's.. not bad at all
Apart from the great location, tasty food and juices the one stand out was the service. For the duration of the 8 night stay the service at Jony's was top notch, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank the_bman_4
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The crew were on time in picking us up from the airport. Upon our arrival, we were served refreshing drinks to quench our thirst. Excitement rushed over us. Everybody here were welcoming so we were sure of a nice place to stay. It has a restaurant that serves delectable and affordable food. The refreshing "jony's fruit shake". Is a must try. It made our stay unforgettable. For our island hopping, the staff easily arranged it for us. The rooms were always cleaned, towels changed daily and so with the soap and shampoo which were readily replenished. I loved and enjoyed my stay in Boracay. Life there was made easy for us by the staff of jony's. I definitely recommend it for the family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank michelle829
Reviewed May 4, 2013

To start, the hotel staff could not have been anymore friendly and helpful, especially the Front Desk. Yes, Philippine hospitality is always friendly, but when you turn your back, the smiles quickly disappear. I did not feel this at Jony's. I felt the staff was very genuine. Although the hotel is a bit old, it is well kept and has been updated. I like the location because you are away from the hassle and crowd of the central Boracay Beach area, but at the same time, a 3-5 minute beach walk brings right back into the heart of the action. The property is constantly kept clean and I found all of the food, to be outstanding. The sole restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner would normally be a problem at most hotels, but was perfectly fine for this hotel and offered an outstanding setting. My only complaint like in most Philippine hotels, were the lack of bath towels/soap. However, this problem was rectified immediately, by a simple call. Look, this is not the Shangri La, but it is a good value for your money as many Boracay hotels are turning into "tourist traps". Careful w/ the breakfast. There are some items not included in your free breakfast, so make sure you clear that with the waiter first. I have stayed in Boracay at many different hotels, but found Jony's to be the nicest experience. I would not be concerned about any comments that it is "not directly on the beach". The reality is, your room is closer to the beach, than nearly every other property on Boracay Beach. This location is much narrower between the road and the beach and no hotel will fit directly on the beach here. I have stayed at the Boracay Regency on several occasions and despite the property being right on the beach, it will take 2-3 times longer at that property, to reach the beach.

Room Tip: Stayed in the La Perla Suite. Great private deck and outdoor shower for rinsing and hanging beach at...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank elliot e
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at Jony's for three nights and four days. We arrived late afternoon and the welcome drink (mango shake) was a wonderful surprise. We booked two rooms, one of them the La Perla which was a pretty good sized room. Place was clean including the bathroom. We asked for two extra beds and when the staff brought them in, the bed frames was coated with thick dust. Ugh! We asked that they be taken out and cleaned before bringing the beds back in. Same scenario with our other room, a very dusty folding bed was brought in for our requested extra bed. We left our room for dinner and when we came back there were black ants all over the kitchen sink where we left the mango shake glasses. Nevertheless, cleaning crew came to clean and straighten up the room the next day, also bringing fresh towels. And that was it. The next two nights and three days, rooms were not cleaned, no fresh towels brought up. Everyday we have to call more than once to get towels and toilet paper. The hotel has a restaurant (Maya's) just across the street. Dinner the first night was excellent. Our server was great, had everything set up for us, food was good although a little salty. Breakfast was included- likewise, food was good although service was a little on the slow side. You get one refill of coffee but that information is not volunteered by servers. We went back for dinner the second day and service was a nightmare! Food took forever to be served, very salty, server spilled a drink on my nephew, served long island iced tea to two minors in our group and forgot to bring the rest of the food ordered by one of us. Our server from the first night was off that night and the staff said they were under staffed and new. Service continued to decline with breakfast as well. It took over an hour for our orders to be served. Even the kids in the group who were usually distracted playing on the beach complained that breakfast was taking too long to be served. Nice place to stay, and if you don't have to use their restaurant, go somewhere else and save yourself the aggravation.

Room Tip: La Perla is a good family room but be prepared to climb 4 flights of stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dana18300
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very nice place, although it is not directly on the beach, they own a restaurant across the street that is with beach chair access for you when you come, they also have a free breakfast with fun creative food. Would not hesitate to stay again

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked my room reservation two days before our travel to Boracay. When we arrived Jony's, the receptionist surprisingly informed us that they upgraded my reservation from standard to deluxe room with a stunning view of the White Beach. The resort is perfectly located in Station 1 besides the private Tirol Park, and not too far from Station 2.

The resort staff are great especially Ms. Khaye, they always greeted us with a perfect smile :) their services are absolutely superb. They are the real gems of Jony's.

When we checked-out, Ms. Khaye informed me that I am entitled for a 20% discount on my next visit, fortunately my next travel to Boracay together with my friends from Dublin will be this coming March. Immediately asked her to booked my discounted rooms. Thank you Jony's!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends