“A Nice Little Secret in Boracay”

Jony's Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Nice Little Secret in Boracay”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

To start, the hotel staff could not have been anymore friendly and helpful, especially the Front Desk. Yes, Philippine hospitality is always friendly, but when you turn your back, the smiles quickly disappear. I did not feel this at Jony's. I felt the staff was very genuine. Although the hotel is a bit old, it is well kept and has been updated. I like the location because you are away from the hassle and crowd of the central Boracay Beach area, but at the same time, a 3-5 minute beach walk brings right back into the heart of the action. The property is constantly kept clean and I found all of the food, to be outstanding. The sole restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner would normally be a problem at most hotels, but was perfectly fine for this hotel and offered an outstanding setting. My only complaint like in most Philippine hotels, were the lack of bath towels/soap. However, this problem was rectified immediately, by a simple call. Look, this is not the Shangri La, but it is a good value for your money as many Boracay hotels are turning into "tourist traps". Careful w/ the breakfast. There are some items not included in your free breakfast, so make sure you clear that with the waiter first. I have stayed in Boracay at many different hotels, but found Jony's to be the nicest experience. I would not be concerned about any comments that it is "not directly on the beach". The reality is, your room is closer to the beach, than nearly every other property on Boracay Beach. This location is much narrower between the road and the beach and no hotel will fit directly on the beach here. I have stayed at the Boracay Regency on several occasions and despite the property being right on the beach, it will take 2-3 times longer at that property, to reach the beach.

Room Tip: Stayed in the La Perla Suite. Great private deck and outdoor shower for rinsing and hanging beach at...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank elliot e

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
California
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at Jony's for three nights and four days. We arrived late afternoon and the welcome drink (mango shake) was a wonderful surprise. We booked two rooms, one of them the La Perla which was a pretty good sized room. Place was clean including the bathroom. We asked for two extra beds and when the staff brought them in, the bed frames was coated with thick dust. Ugh! We asked that they be taken out and cleaned before bringing the beds back in. Same scenario with our other room, a very dusty folding bed was brought in for our requested extra bed. We left our room for dinner and when we came back there were black ants all over the kitchen sink where we left the mango shake glasses. Nevertheless, cleaning crew came to clean and straighten up the room the next day, also bringing fresh towels. And that was it. The next two nights and three days, rooms were not cleaned, no fresh towels brought up. Everyday we have to call more than once to get towels and toilet paper. The hotel has a restaurant (Maya's) just across the street. Dinner the first night was excellent. Our server was great, had everything set up for us, food was good although a little salty. Breakfast was included- likewise, food was good although service was a little on the slow side. You get one refill of coffee but that information is not volunteered by servers. We went back for dinner the second day and service was a nightmare! Food took forever to be served, very salty, server spilled a drink on my nephew, served long island iced tea to two minors in our group and forgot to bring the rest of the food ordered by one of us. Our server from the first night was off that night and the staff said they were under staffed and new. Service continued to decline with breakfast as well. It took over an hour for our orders to be served. Even the kids in the group who were usually distracted playing on the beach complained that breakfast was taking too long to be served. Nice place to stay, and if you don't have to use their restaurant, go somewhere else and save yourself the aggravation.

Room Tip: La Perla is a good family room but be prepared to climb 4 flights of stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dana18300
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very nice place, although it is not directly on the beach, they own a restaurant across the street that is with beach chair access for you when you come, they also have a free breakfast with fun creative food. Would not hesitate to stay again

• Stayed March 2013
Parañaque, Philippines
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked my room reservation two days before our travel to Boracay. When we arrived Jony's, the receptionist surprisingly informed us that they upgraded my reservation from standard to deluxe room with a stunning view of the White Beach. The resort is perfectly located in Station 1 besides the private Tirol Park, and not too far from Station 2.

The resort staff are great especially Ms. Khaye, they always greeted us with a perfect smile :) their services are absolutely superb. They are the real gems of Jony's.

When we checked-out, Ms. Khaye informed me that I am entitled for a 20% discount on my next visit, fortunately my next travel to Boracay together with my friends from Dublin will be this coming March. Immediately asked her to booked my discounted rooms. Thank you Jony's!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Loved everything at Jony's! The staff were friendly and very accommodating. It's located at the end of Station 1, just a couple of steps to Station 2 for all the food and fun, and yet far enough to be far away from all the noise at night. They had the best welcome drink ever, which was the mango shake. ( I had to have another one before we left. =). The room was very clean, I don't have anything negative to say at all about the cleanliness. The price was reasonable for the exceptional service and the decent place. Plus, it's only steps away from the beach, literally.

The restaurant has good food and good service as well. They have a happy hour, which was awesome. So far they have the best shakes that I've tried both alcoholic and non-alcoholic (except for the banana shake at Mañana). I would highly recommend this hotel no matter what company you have, couples, family, or friends. I would definitely would love to stay here again and again.

Room Tip: Best customer service in Boracay! Rooms are clean and only steps away from the beach. It's clo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ms_mulder8
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The location is wonderful, right on the most beautiful part of the most beautiful beach (where the iconic pictures are taken). The staff is incredibly helpful and nice. I arrived very early in the morning and they strived to give me a room as soon as possible, The day after I asked whether, even paying some extra, I could stay 2 hours longer than the check-out time. They said yes, with no extra pay. OK, I was probably lucky, but in most hotel they would never have behaved in that friendly and helpful way. The room was large, no special frills but comfortable. The bar on the beach is super: they make fruitshakes very big (like 500 ml!) that are practically a meal, extremely good, and very cheap. about 120-150 pesos! In other words, particularly related to the price, this Hotel is perfect. I am italian, I am relatively well-off, and I know how to enjoy life. I am not overstating, this has been a wonderful experience and I wish all the best to the staff and to the owners.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed in La Concha Suite from 22 to 31 December. From the minute we arrived we felt at home. We travelled with our 2 children aged 11 and 12 years old.

As other reviews state the staff are warm and inviting from the minute we arrived. We were greeted with a drink and a smile - a very warm welcome. The room was exactly what we expected and more - it was spotlessly clean and the ocean view was amazing. Both beds have sea views and were very comfortable. There was even a small gift for the children to wish them a merry Xmas.

The restaurant was a highlight and we ate many many meals there. We had friends in Boracay who ate with us and although the service was a little slow at times we just reminded ourselves that it gave us time to enjoy the wonderful sunset and order another drink. The breakfasts had a good variety to choose from.

The staff were very helpful and any request we made was easily accomodated and the happy staff made our stay so enjoyable. La Concha suite is up 3 flights of stairs but this was not a problem for us. The hotel is across the road from the beach and restaurant but crossing it is not a problem with the staff stopping the traffic and if anything being away from the beach makes the room we had very quiet and peaceful.

We will be going back to Jony's again very soon and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: La Concha Suite is great for a family - the rooms are open plan
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family