“A hidden gem of a place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seabird International Resort

Seabird International Resort
Ranked #58 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Hengoed, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem of a place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I've just returned from a 5 day stay are the Seabird International Hotel.

What a great little gem of a find!

Located behind the iconic Red Coconut, I was upgraded upon arrival to a Deluxe room due to no standard ones being ready. I immediately enquired "At what cost?", to be told: "Oh no, this is our fault so there will be no additional charge for you!" Just the sort of thing a seasoned traveller likes to hear who was spoiling for a possible argument if a charge had been levied.

I was in room 1A, with a double and single bed. LCD tv and a fully stocked fridge with a selection of reasonably priced refreshments. Upon checking the bathroom - it was spotless. All very clean and one of the first things I always check in any room. The bed was comfortable - my only quibble being daft foam pillows which don't conform to my head when sleeping. A minor irritation. They were not memory foam, but the type car seats are made from.

Located just a stone's throw from D'Mall and a great selection of restaurants nearby.

The staff were helpful and courteous in all my interactions with them. When I paid my bill I handed over a wad of fresh P1000 bills and the receptionist sniffed them! We had a little chuckle between ourselves as they were brand new notes and had that new money smell. The fact that this happened made it all the more homely and I would certainly visit again, and recommend to others.

The room rate during my stay was really reasonable, hence booking in the first place.

The only thing I didn't like - and this is no reflection on the hotel itself, more of Boracay overall - the sex workers plying the alleyway outside. I'm a single white guy, and hardly naive to the ways of the world, but the were transexual and female prostitutes congregating at the exit to the beach.

I don't feel they'd bother those with children, or couples, but this was certainly a blight on my experience here.

Room Tip: Book a pickup from the airport through the hotel. It reduces so much hassle. Someone will greet you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Redragon2
Bensie_0326, Manager at Seabird International Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2015
Hello sir! Thank you so much for your very kind and inspiring review. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your time here with us. We are very much looking forward to having you here once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed in seabird for 3 days and we were welcomed with warm smiles and hospitable staff.

My sister met a slight accident, spraining her right foot while skim boarding and the staff really took care of us and always checked on how she was feeling. It goes to show, family-owned resorts have that personal touch, treating you like you're one of their own.

The place is less than 50m from the beach front so you can enjoy the cool water and the fantastic view of Boracay.

I always leave Bora with a heavy heart because it's really a paradise that you wouldn't want to leave.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cheywme
Hello ma'm! We would like to thank you for taking time in writing us a review. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back here once again.
Iloilo City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We usually stay in the quiet Station 3, but wanted to be closer to the action and tried the Seabird. It does not have a beach view - there is one hotel in front of it. But a very short walk and you are there. It is right next to D'Mall so we were concerned about noise. Don't be! The hotel was very quiet. The layout reminds me of Cozumel dive hotels. It was a nice, clean hotel, with a friendly staff. Good value for the cost. I would definitely stay there again. Superb location!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tukaram_das
Hello sir! Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We hope to be of service to you once again
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed for a good five nights during christmas week last year. Value for money with its good location at station two. Budget mart which is round the corner, adds to the convenience. Good personalised service rendered.

Room Tip: Pricing during christmas is inflated. May want to go during off peak.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Germ19
Bensie_0326, Manager at Seabird International Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Hello! Thank you so much for your kind words. We greatly appreciate you taking time in writing us a review. We look forward to have you here in the island once again.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Great location, just 1 minute walk to the beach front and 2 mins to D' mall. The room is just okay... cheap typical room. At least the room was clean, bed is nice and firm. A/C is great which gets the room cold in minutes. Well..what could you expect for $30 a night room. This is a two star hotel. I also did not like the fact that they charged me an additional P500 a night for an extra person. When I booked the room thru agoda I did not realized I had clicked it for one person traveling, even if the room is for 2 persons. When we showed up at the hotel, hence drama, Their explanation was I only booked it for 1 person. Doesn't make sense.. Well at least "Ate" the receptionist was funny and nice that I completely forgot the whole thing. Free Breakfast was ok, but lots of better restaurants by beach front and other hotels. At night they have a security guard which is great. To get a Tricycle on main road is just 2 mins walk. Over all I was satisfied.

Room Tip: Wait for promo or lower price, If you are paying more than $40/night...its expensive.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pinoymachine
Hello! First of all we would like to thank you for writing us a review. This would help us improve more as a service establishment. Next, I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding with regards to our policies when you checked-in. Our staff was just following orders by the management. We greatly appreciate your understanding and we hope to have you here again.
Bacoor, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Seabird Resort is situated in the heart of Boracay, it is only a few steps away from the world famous - White Beach. Our premier deluxe room is spacious with 2 queen sized bed and bathroom with toiletries, there is a minibar and a huge closet too. There is porch on each room with tables and chair where you can smoke, eat and make friends with other guests :) . The hotel serve yummy breakfast and their best tasting pizza. Staff are accommodating and friendly. Seabird is definitely a great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank oozingkev
Hello! Thank you so much for your inspiring and uplifting review. This will definitely encourage us more in providing our guests quality service. We would really love to have you here again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Its fairly an OK hotel. Service is good but when I asked for housekeeping I was told that they cant accomodate me since their room service is no longer available. The good thing about this place is that its near the beach area. But everything else in the hotel is so so for its price.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank cebufoodieinheels
Hello ma'm! First of all, we would like to thank you for your time in writing us a review. Next, we would like to apologize for your so-so experience with us. But rest assured, the points that you have raised were already addressed upon. We hope that may be able to serve you once again.