“Nice to hang out with friends!”

White House Beach Resort
Ranked #49 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Taguig City, Philippines
“Nice to hang out with friends!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

we only stayed at this hotel for one night, recommended by my uncle who happens to be a good friend of the hotel owner. As we were in a hurry looking for a hotel for our last night stay in Bora, the owner gave us a big discount and told us that the room will be tiny. To our surprise, the room wasn't tiny at all! It had 1 queen size bed and 1 extra single bed with a huge air conditioner which my bf really loved!
The food was also delicious with reasonable prices. My friends love to hang out in the bar as well because of their Happy Hour!so relaxing with a beautiful view of the beach! :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ushkas, Manager at White House Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Last minute room and it worked out! great :) you are correct, the rooms are quite large! see you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 12, 2013

the free shuttle service back and forth to boracay port was very helpful. very accommodating staffs that always smile and greet us.the room is spacious, clean and very homey.breakfast was scrumptious! the location is perfect, located in station1. not crowded, peaceful, clean beach front and very relaxing. special thanks to ms. neva and ms. karen. thank you for the free room upgrade. i will definitely go back to your resort. thank you for your warm accommodation we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Thanks for your review! We are happy to hear you loved your experience with us, se you again soon!
Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have always loved white house and I've led so many friends to stay there. The last time I stayed in white house was in december 2012 and I had no problems. Some of the staff were still friendly and nice but here are the negative things that I experienced

1. They cleaned my room but just the bed and maybe some sweeping. We had soiled towels that they didnt take for days

2. We had a coffee cup that was there since thursday that they didnt take till we left on monday.

3. Empty water bottles were left instead of being thrown out

4. I LOST MY BAG IN THE ROOM. One of the few times we left the keys with front office. I am not blaming anyone but they werent even HELPFUL IMPLYING THAT I WAS DRUNK AND LOST IT. When i remember correctly that it was in the room before I left for dinner cause I only brought my phone. I wanted to see the cctv video but they werent minding me when I said so I had to walk out out of frustration because there were guests and I didnt want to cause a scene.

5. Never got an apology or empathy I lost my bag and wallet all my id's and no help from any of the staff. They wouldnt even let me extend check out since we were frantically looking for it.

6. I asked them to book a transfer to kalibo at the last minute they informed me they didnt book it.

7. My friend also lost his passport in our room. Again no remorse or empathy from the staff

• Stayed October 2013
8 Thank AimieBellosillo
Cumbria
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I recently went for cocktails and dinner at The White House. Both were great! The cocktail bar round the pool offers a fabulous view over White Beach, rightly awarded best beach in the World. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the snacks were great. The meal in the dining room was absolutely first class. The chef is an award winner, and it shows. I had Carrot and coriander soup, and was knocked out by the flavour, the salad was really fresh, and had a superb dressing. I had steak for the main course, and it was beautifully cooked, with a really tasty assortment of vegetables. The whole was topped off by a dessert of the chef's devising, which was a fine end to a really lovely meal. The chef came out at the end, and was glad to share some of his secrets!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ushkas, Manager at White House Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hi, thank you for the Station Juan experience review! We are all really happy with the response of this new addition, thank you for joining us. See you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were overcharged 800PHP (19,800) even before arrival due to a mistake on calculation on their part. But after actually looking into their accounts hotel staff realized that the money that went into their paypal account (about 18,500) was lesser then the amount we were charged (19,000) because of the 2.9% Paypal fee the merchant has to pay. So, they insisted that we still had to top up to cover their paypal charges and refused to return the 800PHP even after countless times of explaining to them it is a fee from Paypal to the merchant.

800PHP is a small sum of money, I would have let it go IF they had explained that the Paypal fee is chargeable to the customer in the very first place. Instead, they kept sending a one liner bank information with nothing but numbers (with no evident information that it was my transaction, without any paypal transaction number) to say that I paid only 18,500 and not 19,000. And they didnt even bother to check why or how it was lesser, let alone explain the situation to me. This went on for more than a month even before arrival. And even after we arrived at the hotel, stayed and left. This hasnt been settled. The hotel staff said they would check. They obviously havent got the sense of urgency to check on anything at all.

Overall, I was kinda disappointed with the stay because of the above situation. There were TOO many mosquitoes in the bathroom, and the hotel was undergoing construction during our stay. Also the food from the restaurant really needs some improvement and the banquet staff needs to brush up on their english because they couldn't explain the Filipino dishes to us properly. It's overpriced for an average stay with lousy service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank mscrunknb
Bacolod, Philippines
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Being a Senior Citizen, I did not realize (at the Front Desk) that we could not avail of the 12% VAT exemption as well as the 20% Senior Citizen discount because we booked our stay with Boracay Guide. Also, your Room Service did not know how to compute for VAT and Snr Citizen Discount.

Otherwise, your Housekeeping and Front Desk staff had been very courteous and helpful. We wished Rm 201 had its air-conditioning working because it was a nice, big, airy room. But unfortunately, it was not working! We were moved to the new wing. Though noisy because of the next door construction, the room was nice compared to 204, where my daughter stayed, which looked run-down. It needs renovation. The bathroom looks dirty even if cleaned.

Room Tip: The new wing has smaller rooms (above restaurant) but were updated and nice. Too bad one can hear th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ushkas, Manager at White House Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Hi, thank you for your review. Yes the new wing has smaller refurbished rooms, the old wing however is next to be upgraded. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to welcome you back soon!
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice relaxing place. Good accommodation and friendly crew. Me and my girlfriend will absolutely go back here. Sana next time ma upgrade ulit kame sa deluxe :)

Tip: good food! You must try bagnet kare kare and buffalo wings sa resto :) marami servings.

Look for kuya bong for tourguide: mejo na confused lang kame. Kala namin 1,500 total ang parasailing, pag dating namin doon 1,500 each pala. Hehe! Pero its okay mabait naman si kuya.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ushkas, Manager at White House Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Great! Happy you love your experience, see you again soon!