“A home in Paradise”

Ranked #50 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Quezon City, Philippines
“A home in Paradise”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

the resort is located in station 1, which is less crowded than in station 2 or 3 of the Boracay white sand beach. Being at the beach front you have this fantastic view of the water and the beach. It feels more of a vacation home rather than a hotel. The staff are really very friendly and accommodating, headed by its manager, John. There is also someone assigned to the resort for you to coordinate your island activities. From sailing, island hopping, parasailing, snorkling, scuba diving and a lot more. I don't stay much in the room but a clean bed and a clean toilet is really just a basic need that one expects in a beach home. It's also nice to get back to a cold room coming from the beach the whole day. I didn't get to try the american breakfast menu but the filipino breakfast menu is just something you should try while in the Philippines, as it will give you all the energy that you will be needing for the whole day activities. Being at the beach I really don't care much about swimming pools but i do see the children just love playing around the pool. But my sons did enjoy playing beach volleyball and frisbee in the white sand... and because of its sand composition, you need not wear any slippers, even in mid day the sand will not scourge your feet. After that experience i really do look forward in visiting the resort... nope my home in the beach again.

Room Tip: the Deluxe rooms are really just a step away from the beach but the beach house ground floor room is...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Latikman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My family and I stayed here last April for 3 days and 2 nights.
What we like about this place is the location. My family felt safe because the kids can enjoy the pool and the beach both within our range of sight. We love their food, it is not as expensive as others might think. We enjoyed their breakfast, crispy pata and their fruit shakes (mango!) by the bar. Their shake is a lot cheaper than the one in bottles being sold nearby.
Beer is quite cheap too - during happy hour.

The place is good for family - the teens and young at heart will have a blast. Because during our stay there was a DJ that plays music all day and people were dancing by the beach!

Staff were quite friendly during our stay. My kids love it here. Thanks to Chef Martin for the wonderful food! If you are not going to stay here - their bar is a must try!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Choi08
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Not my first time in Boracay but first time in making a review. Here goes.

Don't like:

Bed-poorest one I've ever slept in. Felt like it didn't have any support underneath or it's just a really worn out bed that needs replacement asap or else you will get a back problem. It's curved like a banana. Not your idea of a good night sleep.When my companion moved, the whole bed moved. Definitely, it is not a water bed.

Bathroom-no soap holder. May not be a big deal for others but you know, you can slip in them if they "slipped" from the sink to the floor. And for sanitation purposes too.Shower heads needs to be cleaned so one can enjoy the strong gush of water. No bathtub if that's important to you.

Sliding door-the glass door towards the balcony. Too much effort to lock so we just left it unlocked.

Intercon-the way to communicate with the receptionist or whoever picks up the phone (no greetings sometimes). Another guest didn't properly hung up his extension, and I have to go down to the reception area to ask for something that's why I knew that someone didn't hung up their phone properly.

Beach chair/lounge-not enough. And since anyone can just stay there (just buy some drinks), in-house guest can be stripped off from using them.

In room Safety deposit box-none. Don't try asking the receptionist if the resort has one, you'll be heartbroken.

Customer service-needs improvement. Smile is free, don't hesitate to give one always. Btw, I was asked if I need an official receipt. This should be automatic. And also, to my surprise, they only wrote half the amount I paid on it. Shouldn't be the whole price?. Didn't check it until I was in the van on way to Cagban.

Pool-didn't look like one. More of a fishing pond.

Like:

Location-good spot to relax in front of beach. Seen a couple of cool weddings just beside the resort. No loud music to disturb your calm self. Nice and quiet.

Spacious room-that's it, spacious.

ACU-even if its old, it served its purpose

Security-not sure if they have one, but glad nothing was stolen even if they don't have a safe or they use ordinary door knobs with key.

Cable TV-they have my fave, Discovery turbo, yay!

In a nutshell, nothing extra special about this place. You are paying for the nice location, that's it. Bring drinking water because there's no complimentary ones :-)

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs to have more privacy unless you want to watch people walking by from time to tim...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peanutkisses77
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We chose this hotel because we heard this is where all the fun and excitement is. We were willing to pay so much hoping to get a great room in this location. Unfortunately, we got an awful room on the other side of the street (not beach front).

Our room was old and dirty room (found a roach and bugs in the room), had broken ceiling with watermarks, had a broken door knob and lacked some basic hotel amenities (cups.. kettle... complimentary water..)

Another downside was on our first day, we came home to a clean room, beds made with new towels. On our second day, the room wasn't made at all. And when we inquired at the reception, we were informed that they did not clean the room because we did not request for it. What's unusual is on the first day, we did not request for them to clean the room but they did...

On the upside, because our room was on the other side of the street, there was always someone from the resort who assisted us in crossing the street by stopping the vehicles that drove by. And I have to give them credit for that.

Overall, I really don't think that the amount we paid for for this room is worth it. There are other hotels that are somewhat in the same price range (or maybe slightly more expensive) but can provide a better Boracay experience.

Room Tip: Make sure the room you get is on the beach front (or on the side of the beach), it seems that the ro...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Erin M
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Some facts around this hotel:

-Excellent location on Station 1, you will have breakfast and lazy afternoons fronting the beach. We walked along the whole White Beach and I do not see anywhere else where I would rather have satyed in terms of beach location.

-Rooms, our room was spacious, we could easily fit 1 extra bed and still have a lot of space left in the room (2 adults, 2 kids 6, 8 yrs. old). Finish is not perfect but ok if you do not have to high expectations.

-Service varies, I had a few things that annoyed me but overall it is acceptable.

-WiFi is free and works fine in the pool area, not in the room though.

-Pool is better than it looks on the pictures, I was aftraid it was going to be murky water but it is not. Our kids enjoyed it.

-Excellent drinks in the hotel beach bar, with 2 for 1 every evening.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Stefan067
Manila
Reviewed February 14, 2012

White House is now a family favorite. Although we did not stay as in-house guests, our family hung out at their beachfront, ordering happy hour cocktails and awesome food. Must haves: spaghetti&meatballs, pork binagoongan (deep fried pork with yummy shrimp paste) and kilawing tangigue (fresh raw fish in vinegar).

The row of resorts that White House is part of is still the best area to be at. Their bar's 50% off on drinks is from 7am to 7pm... This alone made us spend 7 out of 8 Boracay mornings there.

Very pleasant and accommodating staff. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 30, 2012

White house is located in a prime spot for relaxing in station 1. Still close enough to station 2 but far enough away to be quiet and cozy if you want to relax. The outdoor area with bar is nice, and has wifi (but none in the rooms) and the pool looked nice, although I didn't try it out. The breakfast was ok each morning, but I wouldn't say good. The bar staff was not very friendly to us when we were there, but were ok.

The room however, was less than ok I think. The beds were pretty lousy and the bathroom was not very nice. We had stayed other places for similar prices, and this place left a little to be desired in regards to the room.

A checkout was a bit of a hassle. It seemed they weren't very organized at any point during our stay.

All in all, it was ok, however when we return, we will probably try a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple