“Helpfull staff - terrible Hotel.”

Boracay Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #72 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
London, Ohio
“Helpfull staff - terrible Hotel.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel was very dissapointing. The room had an odd odour which could have been coming in through the AC from the dirty alleyway outside our window. The room was very shabby. There was a leak in the corner of the room that had stained the wall and looked like it had been there a while. There was black patches on the fridge seal and the outside was rusty. One cupboard door was wedged shut with a piece of card and the table lamp had no on off switch and the shade was bent and rusted around the frame. The AC had tape holding a piece in place.

The soapdish in the shower looked like it had never been cleaned. The shower head was mounted at about 4' 6" from the floor and was pointing at the side wall. The only way to shower was to hold the shower head while you showered.

The room has one pillow per guest, extra pillows are charged at 50 pesos per night. There is also only one, thin frayed towel per guest, we requested two extra towels and received one. We were back down to two the next day though when houskeeping came in to change the towels and took the extra one away.

The hotel is relatively quiet apart from the mid to late afternoon when beach volleyball takes place on a makeshift court in front of the hotel right next door.

The breakfast is pretty good, with about 9 items to choose from for the main item such as corned beef, longganisa daing na bangus for example, each came with rice and egg (prepared as you like it) and fruit.

The standard rooms do not come with tea / coffee making equipment.

The staff were very healpfull and attentive.

Room Tip: If you really want to stay here get one of the two rooms on the second floor that have a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Dave F

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 23, 2012

For me this is the best location you can find in Boracay, its just on the border of station 2 and station 1. Around station 3 its really noisy when the sun goes down. Station 2 is just a few walks away and the accommodation is really superb. We did not have any troubles regarding our stay in this hotel. Plus they have breakfast service which is also a plus.

Service - I have no problems with the service and the staff. They are friendly and very knowledgeable of the islands must see and cheapest way around.
Sleep Quality - Around midnight the noise level is barely noticeable as this is on the end of station 2. Its relatively quiet on the day compared if you walk a couple of blocks away.
Cleanliness - The rooms are being cleaned everyday, towels are changed everyday also. Me and my girlfriend are very satisfied because the towels are shaped like a duck.
Location - This hotel is a beachfront hotel, so going back and forth the hotel is a breeze.

I could say that ill be staying in this hotel when i come back to boracay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KarlGorospe
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here twice in two weeks. At the border of Station 1 and 2 and located at the end of the beach walk street. Staff were very friendly and attentive to our needs just had to keep on asking for towels as were a party of 3 on the 2nd trip and were always given 2 only during room clean up. The rooms were very big and had a bar fridge helpful if you are travelling with babies and little children. Location was perfect you were close enough to the station 2 where all the malls and bars were but far enough from it too so you do not get the foot traffic walking in front of your hotel and also the loud music at night. we were able to get a decent nights sleeps during our stay. The only thing I would recommend is try getting the first floor rooms f you can. This has 3 levels with no elevator so bear tha in mind. The breakfast was ok, could be better but was free. The restaurant was not operational during the day but we did not mind we always like to eat out at different places when on holiday anyway. Overall I would recommend this place for the price, location, big sized rooms and attentive staff. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Pick the ground floor rooms. There are no elevators in this place
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Aquilafaa
Manila
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Our first night in Boracay proved to be the worst in our 4-day stay. We checked in at around 7pm and got 2 Standard rooms. Upon arrival, I paid the entire 3-night stay at the front desk, the staff were friendly and accommodating. I was disappointed the moment I walked into our room.
To start with, the doorknob mechanism of our room is not working properly. The air inside the room is very heavy like there is no circulating air, it has the smell of old, dusty, moldy furniture, like the sheets has been there, was moist, dried, moist again and was never changed for a long time. I can instantly tell that the mattresses were old and worn-out. My allergic rhinitis was triggered in an instant. Dust mites! How can I have a good night's rest? And to think that we'll be staying here for three nights! I asked the front desk for a refund, but they refuse, they instead transferred us on a Deluxe room on the second floor which really is not much different from the Standard room but less moldy-smelling. As I don't want to ruin the trip on its first night, I decided that the rooms will do. About an hour after we have settled in our room, we heard disturbing crackling and popping sounds as some of the lights in our room went out. Last time I heard that noise and the lights went out, a fire started from the breaker box. I informed the front desk immediately and only after my third complaint did they told me that there was a problem with the breaker box in our room and they have to transfer us back to our smelly room on the first floor. It was almost 10pm and we had no choice. The inner blanket was so thin and has holes in it while the outer blanket and the pillows smell like they were not dried properly. Worst vacation night ever! I did not sleep a wink.
We checked out the following day and transferred to a new and much better hotel offering the same rate.

Room Tip: Choose the suite rooms. Those are newly renovated and they are the ones with newer mattress, linens...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Cindy F

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 1 week. Selecting a hotel in Boracay was not an easy choice with so many options available I was bit confused. As I was browsing the hotel, I got lucky to find a rate that was affordable and took the plunge.

Room:
I booked the standard suite but upon arrival I was upgraded to larger room. The room was very clean. We waited in the hall for 5 minutes while our room was being prepared. The iced tea helped with the wait and hot weather. The room had the air condition blasting when we came so we did not have to wait for the room to cool down.

The mattress is a bit hard. The first night took some time adjusting to the hard mattress but it was amazing after I got used to it.

Pool/Fitness Centre

I did not want a hotel with a pool because of the beach. I do not see the advantage of having a pool when the hotel is literary beach front.

The fitness centre would be nice but the lack of it did not ruin my stay at the hotel.

Service:

All of the employees at the hotel were very accommodating of our every need. Alex, our helper who picked us up from the port was amazing. He gave us a mini guide to Boracay and what to expect. At first, I thought it was his sales pitch but as I explored the island on my own, I realized much of his advice was true.

The last day is what truly made it exceptional. Our flight was departing at 2:00 am the following morning. But I had to checkout by 1:00pm. So I had a 12 hour waiting period. In that period I wanted to get last activities in and not have to worry about a place to shower, luggage etc… The front desk was nice enough to allow us to use an empty room for a couple of hours so we can shower, change and sleep because we had 10 hours to kill. They did not charge anything for it.

Security:

The review about security had me concerned at first, but the island of Boracay especially white beach has tons of security. The mindset of Boracay is to keep it safe as tourism is the main industry for them. I had money scattered in my room and electronics. Nothing was ever stolen during house keeping. Night time is safe as ever. Most of the island is asleep by 1:00 am. There is a security guard at the gates. The police are always out on patrol in the night. Nothing to be worried about at all.

Beach front

This hotel is perfect and is litrary beach front. Other hotels have a walking strip prior to going into the water. This hotel has the beach literary at the front step. The cabana hanging from the tree set it apart from any other hotel. I spent all my evening lying in the cabana as the tide washed up. No other hotel on the beach had a similar cabana. It might seem small but when you lie aimlessly watching the sun melt in the water, you will realize the importance of that cabana.

Overall:

I love this hotel and would recommend it. Comfortable rooms and great service. The only thing they don’t have a swimming pool but why would you need one if you are going to the beach? Why bring sand to a beach?

I will definitely stay here again when I head back to Boracay!

Room Tip: Get Mango Milk shakes!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Hassan S
Quezon City
Reviewed August 17, 2012

When we arrived on the island we took a tricycle to the beach to look for a place to stay. We didn't book any reservation before going because we wanted to look around at all our options first. So when the tricycle driver asked us where we were going we just told him to take us to Station 2. We wanted a place that had a nice room with air conditioner, clean bathroom and beachfront. And most importantly, a good price. The tricycle driver dropped us at Royal Park Hotel. The staff were really nice. We told them we want to look around first before we decide. They offered to let us keep our bags with them at their reception counter. At first we thought this was a tactic so that we would feel that we owe them something but we later found out that they were just a friendly staff. We looked at all the beachfront property that looked like it was fit for our budget and found out that Royal Park was actually the best value for us already. We had a lot of fun looking at all the other hotels but decided to stay here. It was at the border of Station 1 and 2. We had a nice room that overlooked a huge private property with nice cottages and trees. It was quiet on this side and a nice view to look at from our 2nd floor room. The room was very big and had two queen beds. We were only two but we enjoyed how much space we had. The bathroom was also very big which we really appreciate. There was a lot of space to put our things and even our own coffee table and chairs inside the room! We really felt we got the best place on the beach for our budget! It was a very comfortable and relaxing room. We didn't take the option of breakfast because we wanted to try the restaurants at D Mall. This also reduced the price of our room. At night it wasn't very noisy so we slept very well. It was a very memorable vacation for us and Royal Park was a nice part of it.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor in a room on the side closer to station 1. It overlooks the private propert...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Drln88
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel is on the very edge of beach station 2. So there is still a lot of action going on nearby. If you're looking for a more quite relaxed environment, I wouldn't not recommend this place.

The service of the receiption staff is very good, they are friendly, accommodating and always willing to help. For the price of 400PHP they will arrange a transfer to the airport for you, whereby a very helpful guide will take you through the process of getting the tricycle and the boat. He even comes with you to the airport. This is a great service.

The hotel is self is pretty basic. I'd rate it as a 2 star hotel. The rooms are very large and on the 3rd floor have recently been renovated. I think the rooms on the ground floor have not yet been renovated and from what a friend told me, that stayed on the ground floor, are a bit damp. The hotel is fairly noisy as the back of the hotel is along a busy main road and the front is along the noisy area of the beach. Whilst we were there (May 2012), there were still some renovation works going on - although this was no problem, in the morning (around 8am to 9am) someone was walking around on the roof, which caused a lot of noise.

The corridors of the hotel run from the front of the hotel (beach side) back to the rear of the hotel (road side). If you can get a room in the middle of the corridor,it's less noisy (room 302 was good).

The rooms have a TV, a large bed, bedside tables, a wardrobe and a table and chair. They're not going to win any style awards with their funiture, but it's clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Middle of the corridor on either the second or third floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends