“Our go-to place”
Review of Blue Mango Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boracay
Blue Mango Inn
Ranked #61 of 223 Boracay B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“Our go-to place”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My family LOVE Blue Mango and it is our go-to place when we visit Boracay. The other reviews are correct in that the rooms could do with a refurbishment and the cleaning rota is maybe not followed as closely as it could do when they are really busy BUT the friendly welcome and service provided here more than make up for any shortcomings. Vaughan and his staff can arrange anything for you, sort out anything for you or get anything for you that you might need. They are very flexible and accommodating and follow through with requests - not always a given here in the Philippines.

We also love the location as it is a 10/15 min walk to the loud and buzzing hub of Boracay but we can relax on the beach in the relative quiet and know that the children are not going to get lost on a busy beach. The sand is not a fine down at Boat Station 3 end but you would have to be a real beach aficionado to notice.

This is the type of place that I want to HIGHLY recommend but I am loath to as I want it to be available when I come and stay :) Give it a try - you will not regret it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Stayed there in late Nov 2011.

Inn is just by the beach and staff is friendly especially the two lady staff that is running the show.

Owner Vaughn is friendly too and give good advice. They have several types of room and we took the family room that can sleep 6 person.

Food in the restaraunt is ok. You will need to try the Bicol Express which is fantastic. We ordered finger food which comes in generous portion.

Will stay there again is I will to vosot Boracay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
England
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This was a great place to stay in an excellent location. Based in Station 3, the beach was clean, uncrowded and beautiful. A 10 - 15 minute stroll takes you to D'Mall which is the lively part of the island with bars and restaurants galore.
The was a slight mix up with regards to our booking but it was dealt with effectively and we were put in the 'Loft' which is a lovely family apartment for our first night before being moved to another Garden room. The room was large and comfortable with a spacious balcony.
The food at the Blue Mango was really very good, I think I nearly ate everything Filipino on the menu and it was all very good indeed.
I have to admit the price was a bit steeper than I would have estimated, but did book directly from the UK. That said, breakfast and unlimited water was included and we had a 3 course candlelit dinner on the beach thrown in too!
Vaughn and his wife were attentive and friendly, but clearly busy. very focused on customer service. The rest of the staff were fairly good too
I particularly like the focus on the environment and preserving the area that Vaughn and much of the people of Boracay have. Refreshing!
Additionally, there is no curfew here
My only gripe is that our room wasn't cleaned daily as I would have expected and we had to ask for clean towels after 4 days.
Overall, I would recommend this as a place to stay but would suggest that different prices reflect different rooms so check on what you have booked. We did see another double room that was not as clean or nice as where we stayed. I imagine that room would be cheaper though

Room Tip: The Loft would be a great family apartment but does only consist of two bedrooms - one has a large f...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Toddlingalong
Shanghai
Reviewed September 23, 2011

For LGBT couples, friendly relaxed and accommodating, like most of the Philippines. I booked an ocean side suite and a garden room for my family of 4 (2 gay couples).

PROS:
GREAT price, FABULOUS location, right on quiet and private beachfront just south of station 3. Relaxed friendly staff - particularly manager Vicky and owner Vaughan, and no staff were ever up-selling other activities like many other hotels do. 24 hour free breakfast was great. Free WiFi on premises even reached to the beach shoreline! Terrific assistance with planning travel changes/bookings and organizing go kart racing. Caticlan airport pickup and departure handling was made effortless with great staff, own vehicle and friendly service. They maintain their own generator.

CONS:
Rooms are a little tired, but for value for money, nothing really wrong. If being picky, better bathroom amenities, nicer towels, and keeping hot water tanks turned on would be only major suggestions. Only other sadness was leaving.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank TobySimkin
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I and my boyfriend stayed in Blue Mango Inn this July. The hotel is located in the quieter part of White Beach, station 3 (approximately a 15-20 minutes walk to D'mall). The beach is very nice here, and was not crowded. In my mind, the location is the best selling point for this hotel. Except for the location i find that the hotel is a bit overrated on Trip Advisor (I booked it based on the reviews) as it is quite expensive considering that the room standard is pretty basic. Further I am not impressed by the service! For several days we were more or less the only guests in the hotel, however the staff failed to clean our room for two days, we asked for houskeeping the third day, the room was cleaned, the next day the room was not cleaned again. Seems like bad routines, The owner Vaughan and his wife were very service minded, but most of the staff appeard very lazy, spending most of their time on Facebook. Another con is that the Wifi did not work very well in the rooms (we had two different rooms during our stay) as the signal was very low. The stay was ok, but I would not stay here again if I were to return to Boracay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Been here in march 2006 for our honeymoon, and this became our benchmark for all the trips we had after that. Came back here , this time with our son, and I must say, this is why Boracay is the place to be. Located in station 3, this inn is a jewel. Money worth spending for accommodation like home. Staff are friendly and ever helpful. From Gelvin-the driver, who assisted us from the Caticlan airport to the inn and back. To 'Lovelyn" our babysitter who is trustworthy and sweet. To "May and Lala" the servers. Our breakfast is always ready, whether we take it at the beach huts or in the lobby or in our room. The beds may be called double-size but they are actually queens. Each room has this, so it is not a problem if you have kids or not. You can have all the space you want/need. The comfort rooms are descent. They've amenities like in any other other hotels - aircon, cable tv, ref, wifi 24hours at any place in the inn. You get your every dollar's worth and much more. Vaughn the owner responds to emails and any other requests like no other. If you want a quiet and comfortable stay in Boracay, as a couple or with family, come to this place. It's a must!

Room Tip: Garden rooms are great for families. The rooms in the main structure is good for couples.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at the Blue Mango Inn early January 2011. Vaughan is the attentive owner of the Blue Mango Inn, which is in the quieter part of town [station 3]. Traveled to Boracay with my husband, father and brother so we booked the family loft. The loft was just the right size for 4 people. The bathroom needs a little updating but you forget that when you're enjoying the perfect Boracay beach. I would definitely go back to the Blue Mango Inn but will book the ocean front room next time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family