“Blue Mango”
Review of Blue Mango Inn

Blue Mango Inn
Ranked #69 of 229 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This was a great place to stay in an excellent location. Based in Station 3, the beach was clean, uncrowded and beautiful. A 10 - 15 minute stroll takes you to D'Mall which is the lively part of the island with bars and restaurants galore.
The was a slight mix up with regards to our booking but it was dealt with effectively and we were put in the 'Loft' which is a lovely family apartment for our first night before being moved to another Garden room. The room was large and comfortable with a spacious balcony.
The food at the Blue Mango was really very good, I think I nearly ate everything Filipino on the menu and it was all very good indeed.
I have to admit the price was a bit steeper than I would have estimated, but did book directly from the UK. That said, breakfast and unlimited water was included and we had a 3 course candlelit dinner on the beach thrown in too!
Vaughn and his wife were attentive and friendly, but clearly busy. very focused on customer service. The rest of the staff were fairly good too
I particularly like the focus on the environment and preserving the area that Vaughn and much of the people of Boracay have. Refreshing!
Additionally, there is no curfew here
My only gripe is that our room wasn't cleaned daily as I would have expected and we had to ask for clean towels after 4 days.
Overall, I would recommend this as a place to stay but would suggest that different prices reflect different rooms so check on what you have booked. We did see another double room that was not as clean or nice as where we stayed. I imagine that room would be cheaper though

Room Tip: The Loft would be a great family apartment but does only consist of two bedrooms - one has a large f...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Toddlingalong

Reviewed September 23, 2011

For LGBT couples, friendly relaxed and accommodating, like most of the Philippines. I booked an ocean side suite and a garden room for my family of 4 (2 gay couples).

PROS:
GREAT price, FABULOUS location, right on quiet and private beachfront just south of station 3. Relaxed friendly staff - particularly manager Vicky and owner Vaughan, and no staff were ever up-selling other activities like many other hotels do. 24 hour free breakfast was great. Free WiFi on premises even reached to the beach shoreline! Terrific assistance with planning travel changes/bookings and organizing go kart racing. Caticlan airport pickup and departure handling was made effortless with great staff, own vehicle and friendly service. They maintain their own generator.

CONS:
Rooms are a little tired, but for value for money, nothing really wrong. If being picky, better bathroom amenities, nicer towels, and keeping hot water tanks turned on would be only major suggestions. Only other sadness was leaving.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank TobySimkin
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I and my boyfriend stayed in Blue Mango Inn this July. The hotel is located in the quieter part of White Beach, station 3 (approximately a 15-20 minutes walk to D'mall). The beach is very nice here, and was not crowded. In my mind, the location is the best selling point for this hotel. Except for the location i find that the hotel is a bit overrated on Trip Advisor (I booked it based on the reviews) as it is quite expensive considering that the room standard is pretty basic. Further I am not impressed by the service! For several days we were more or less the only guests in the hotel, however the staff failed to clean our room for two days, we asked for houskeeping the third day, the room was cleaned, the next day the room was not cleaned again. Seems like bad routines, The owner Vaughan and his wife were very service minded, but most of the staff appeard very lazy, spending most of their time on Facebook. Another con is that the Wifi did not work very well in the rooms (we had two different rooms during our stay) as the signal was very low. The stay was ok, but I would not stay here again if I were to return to Boracay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Been here in march 2006 for our honeymoon, and this became our benchmark for all the trips we had after that. Came back here , this time with our son, and I must say, this is why Boracay is the place to be. Located in station 3, this inn is a jewel. Money worth spending for accommodation like home. Staff are friendly and ever helpful. From Gelvin-the driver, who assisted us from the Caticlan airport to the inn and back. To 'Lovelyn" our babysitter who is trustworthy and sweet. To "May and Lala" the servers. Our breakfast is always ready, whether we take it at the beach huts or in the lobby or in our room. The beds may be called double-size but they are actually queens. Each room has this, so it is not a problem if you have kids or not. You can have all the space you want/need. The comfort rooms are descent. They've amenities like in any other other hotels - aircon, cable tv, ref, wifi 24hours at any place in the inn. You get your every dollar's worth and much more. Vaughn the owner responds to emails and any other requests like no other. If you want a quiet and comfortable stay in Boracay, as a couple or with family, come to this place. It's a must!

Room Tip: Garden rooms are great for families. The rooms in the main structure is good for couples.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at the Blue Mango Inn early January 2011. Vaughan is the attentive owner of the Blue Mango Inn, which is in the quieter part of town [station 3]. Traveled to Boracay with my husband, father and brother so we booked the family loft. The loft was just the right size for 4 people. The bathroom needs a little updating but you forget that when you're enjoying the perfect Boracay beach. I would definitely go back to the Blue Mango Inn but will book the ocean front room next time.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed at Blue Mango Inn earlier this year and what a find! Boracay is a true paradise! Blue Mango Inn have a prefect location right in front ot the beach. At some times of the day (mostly in the mornings) if you go a bit further up there is not much beach to sit on. There is always beach to lie/sit on in front of Blue Mango so it's a perfect location in my opinion. It was nice and quiet and the water was just amazing! They also offer diving courses which was perfect as my friend obtained her scuba diving license during our stay. The room was spacious with big beds, airconditioning and a fridge. The owners were very helpful and always around to assist if needed. They also offer free internet for all guests in the lobby area.

Loved Boracay and would definitely stay at this place again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sweetz7
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here a good week and got a great walk in rate. The rooms are good and clean, there is also a free breakfast included. Try the muesli with joghurt and fruits :-) Fresh towels (room & beach) + WIFI make it a great place to chill out. We loved the atmosphere and friendly staff there. When we lay lazy on our sundbeds they would come up and serve us free cold water to freshen up! The place is at boastation 3, but only a 10min. walk from the busy nightlife away. Thank you for making our time on Boracay special! Jaci and Diana :-)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends