“Great spot, super attentive staff, reasonably priced, awesome orchid garden”
Review of Orchids Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Orchids Resort
Ranked #67 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
“Great spot, super attentive staff, reasonably priced, awesome orchid garden”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great spot with comfy rooms most with hammocks. Reasonably priced in boracay where everything is overpriced. Loved the orchid garden. A bit difficult to find but worth the effort. Staff is exceptionly nice.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
general santoscity
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Good service, cheap accommodation (native type but clean), quite place, you can cook your own food with a minimal cost for gas. friendly staff, free coffee anytime.... thumbz up guys.... see you next year.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a very good find. If you're on a budget but still want to enjoy Boracay this is the place for you. Great, helpful and friendly staff. Rooms are large, good enough for 3-5 person with own bathroom even the fan rooms. Just a few minutes away from the beach. Very good breakfast and quiet place. if you want to eat seafood, you can buy at talipapa and have the staff cook it for you at a cheaper rate compared outside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarLei04
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed August 15, 2013

+ Rooms are cozy and well kept at a reasonable price.
+ Good breakfest
+ Friendly staff
+ Beach at station 3 is just 2min walk

- no free wifi availavle... you have to buy a whole day for an unacceptable price

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PencilsPoints, Owner at Orchids Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Re the comment of "unacceptable" wifi price....we charge 50 peos ( $ 1.25) for one day. The local internet shops charge 50 pesos for one day. We appreciate the guests comments and feel that our wifi rates are very reasonable compared to local shops and the 100+ pesos hourly rates charged by some 5 star resorts on the island.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My friends and I recently stayed at Private Villas for 8 days. Great place .Lots of trees and plants around. Couple of minutes from the beach. Quiet. Safe. Clean. Friendly and incredibly helpful staff. Had a great time. Thank you. Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: If you wish to stay away from all the noise and enjoy quite surroundings, this is the place for you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Peter C
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Private Villa nr 1 for 2 weeks. Great place. Awesome trees around. Couple of minutes from the beach. Quiet. Safe. Clean. Friendly and incredibly helpful staff. Had a great time. Thank you Marlon. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Warren K
Essex
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Orchids was recommended to me by the owner of what I thought was the best budget accommodation on Boracay. B&B Beach Resort sadly sold for redevelopment, yet another building site to blight Boracay.
I love Boracay but why do we all go there it is just like one great big building site, and often very poor quality.
I think before you book any accommodation it is up to you to do your research.
I liked the location it is away from the main action, but not that far away and I liked that, it is very nice to walk between the boat stations, especially at night.
It is only about a 400m max stroll to the beach, and if it rains you will get wet shoes or feet, but they do have a tap to rinse your feet down stairs.
The Orchids has been built up to be a very nice small rustic style resort which I liked.
My room was serviced regularly, and was the one above the office, which I liked as it was the
first room upstairs so you do not feel closed in.
Upstairs there are plenty of tables and chairs outside the rooms to read a book and drink your all day coffee.
I thought my room was very good for budget accommodation.
I actually thought to myself before I read some more of there reviews on my return, that I was surprised how good the water pressure to the shower was, and you could set it hotter than you could possibly stand under, most budget accommodation in the Philippines does not come close to these showers.
I think the floors could be a little dirty, but first that is due to the nature of the timber, and this is not a compliant as I am a carpenter, they do not seemed to be polished so can hold the dirt.
It is my opinion only, because they are rental rooms and new people in them almost every day, they are safer unpolished so you do not slip on them.
I would also say most of the dirt on the floors you bring in yourself, and when the rooms are serviced they are always swept.
I liked the breakfast not massive but good.
I doubt the owners can resolve this problem, but the flies around the tables drove me mad when eating my breakfast.
The Orchids reviews are over whelming good, but there are a few complaints, and here are my minor complaints.
The wooden safe deposit boxes are useless, yes I had to use them, but very easy to break into. A very cheap metal filing cabinet style would be much better, and the office is not staffed 24/7 what ever they say, although it would have to be an inside job and I mainly mean other guests, it would be very easy.
I am not the first to make this comment below.
I am surprised to have to make it as I believe the owner or owners are American, but I am not sure 100% as they were not there when I was.
I found some of the staff a little miserable, surprising as Americans normally go overboard with all that happy clappy stuff, so you would expect there staff to be very friendly and I have been to the USA many times so I know.
And the middle aged manager a local I think, is as miserable as sin and not shy, bordering on being rude, and as he is in hospitality I say he is rude like it or not.
I say it as I see it and others have to, if he walks past you he completely ignores you, and if you go into the office to use the safe deposit boxes you are lucky if you even get a grunt.
It will not detract from your stay, but not necessary, he would not work for me. I just felt a little bit of atmosphere in the air, but may be that is just me.
The lower down the ladder the staff are, the happier they seem, not the normal way around.
I think you have the right to complain like this, when you go on holiday you expect all the staff to be friendly that is why it is called the hospitality trade.
I think for a single person like me 915 Pesos per night is at the top end for budget accommodation, even on Boracay, but you could pay a lot more for accommodation no where near as good as the Orchids.
My review may seem a little critical in part, but again I tell it as I see it, but it is still good budget accommodation, and for 2 people good value for money.

Room Tip: Do your research first.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo