“No webpage”
Review of Orchids Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Orchids Resort
Ranked #72 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I couldnt find a website for Orchard's. I was going to refer a friend but not sure if it has closed down. Can someone verify it is still in business? The last review was in october 2012. It was a very nice resort in a quiet area of Boracay. One of the few places not overrun with commercialized grant hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I wanted to write and let everyone know of the wonderful experience I had staying at Orchids last week. As for price, it has to be the best deal on the island considering all that you get. On top of that they have one of the nicest staffs I have ever had at a hotel. They met us at the airport and took us to the hotel so we were able to quickly and easily get to the resort. Without even seeming to try the staff was helpful with everything. Or 4 year old son had such a nice time interacting with the staff that he did not want to even leave the place to go to the beach, which he loves. There is a beautiful garden in the center and it is so relaxing to sit in one of the many chairs on the porch, read a book, and let time pass away. I would strongly recommend this resort to anyone that wants a nice place at a good price with a wonderful staff.

Room Tip: All of the room are good, so any you get will be fine. They offer a wide range of room for different...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank G C
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We chose orchids because of the huts they have, in preference to a big concrete place. I would not call orchids a resort but a nice relaxed, quiet place in a nice green garden. The pictures make the resort look bigger than it is. As i said, we chose orchids due the the huts that they have. I wasn't disappointed. The huts are stand alone, you have your own verandah with hammock and cane furniture. bathroom toilet is attached. The huts were cool and had a fan if you needed that to sleep. There is no mosquito nets as the pictures led me to believe, but the windows in the huts are bug screened so mossies are not a problem inside. Beds are very comfortable and soft. Rooms cleaned every second day is nice, fresh towels and linen every second day. The location is in station 3, down an alley, 1 min walk from beach and restaurants. Little shop just nearby. Breakfast is choice off egg, toast bacon. Tea and coffee given all day for free. Wifi was a little shaky in the room but workable and cost 50 peso per day. We stayed for 10 days and wish we had more time. A really comfortable place to stay. No in room safe, but there are safe lockers in the office for you to use. There is no in room fridge. the office sells beer n water and soft drink. I would definitely stay here again. Small accommodating place in a nice part of the beach. You do have to walk with your bags to get there but it is worth it. We had washing done while we we there, very cheap !!

Room Tip: The hits would be my choice, even without aircon. Ask for hut 19, the middle hut, it's the quie...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AustraliaBrett
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed there 10 days — staff was very nice, it was quiet and very relaxing. However rooms, even for such a low price, really needs somme renovation. Apart from that, we really enjoyed staying in Orchids

Room Tip: Don't even think about booking cheapest rooms - they are very small and have no a/c
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KateKrakow
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is one of the best value options we found. Obviously there are some drawbacks but they are really only minor inconveniences, and I was happy to exchange them for the good price.

The hotel is towards the end of the beach, and is a fair walk from the drop off point, especially if you have large luggage.

The walls are thin, so if you get a loud neighbour it can have an effect. We were OK though, apart from a large group in the family house, and a young child making noise it was fine. On the plus side, this is a fairly quiet part of town so there are no loud bars keeping you awake at night.

WiFi is available for php 50 per day, and there are some various breakfast options.

The Staff were very friendly and helpful, which made our stay very relaxing. I also had a good experience setting up the stay with the owner by e-mail.

There is enough to do at this part of the beach, or it is a 15 minute walk to the busy area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you are travelling in group in a tight budget and not expecting a 5 star accomodation, you should go for their Familly Villa, we stayed there from Dec 16-18, 2012.. very roomy and I love the native beach feel of the house, it was soo pretty! My favorite part of the house is the veranda, very quiet and relaxing! The staff were very friendly and helpful as well!

I just don't like the smell of the bathroom though, but it doesn't matter as we were out most of the time for activities and just simply enjoying the beach!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PinxD
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was picked up from the airport and taken to the resort by a meeting service, however, since the resort is not accessible by a motor vehicle, my guide and I had to walk a narrow trail from the main road to the resort. The resort was exactly as described in the site I booked with... native style with a beautiful garden. I was placed in room #1 which was right beside the bar/lobby facing the family/breakfast area. At the back of the room is the alley from the main road to the beach, which area tended to be noisy because of the passers-by. But on the whole, the resort is quiet and cozy as it is far from the noise of bars and crowd of Station 2.

The air-conditioned room was fine, with one doubled bed and one single bed, a "locker" made of bamboo, a small TV, a hot and cold shower/toilet which is right beside the resort's kitchen. There was a strange smell which seemed like that of fungi inside the room from time to time.

Breakfast was good and there was coffee any time of the day. The staff as well as the owner were helpful, accommodating and nice.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms might be better than those on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo