“Pinoy Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Boracay
Masan
“Pinoy Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

Our first trip to Boracay was a memorable and incredible experience, thanks to Steve and Rose, the owners of Frendz Resort. The staff was helpful, friendly, and kind, and after a very short time, it felt like we were surrounded by family. The resort itself is lovely, well-kept, very clean, and has a very authentic and traditional feeling. It's conveniently located about two minutes from the beach, and is just far enough away to find peace and quiet when you need it. The local bars, restaurants, and amenities are all within walking distance, and the staff are more than willing to help you find what you need or help you get where you want to go.
For minimal fees, the resort offers great meals, laundry facilities, internet access, and much more. You can also make plans or reservations for island activities with the help of the Steve or Rose, who will give you good, honest, sound advice and help.
Frendz Resort is ideal for budget or money-conscious travellers who still want or expect an authentic, honest, and decent experience. Steve, Rose and the staff offer the best quality and service for your dollar, guaranteed! After a short time, you'll feel like family. We'll definitely be back!
Anna and Kosta

Stayed July 2007
7 Thank Ciaccio

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
AliceInSthEastAsia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2007

If I had not been shown this resort by a friendly local man, I would not have known it existed. But I felt like I had stumbled upon the best value resort on the island.
It's located within 1 -2 mins walk from the main beach. The unmade path leading to the resort is the only down side ... but there are plans to pave this walkway as soon as the nearby construction is complete. The resort is close to the main road (where u can get a tuk tuk to anywhere on the island), it's also close to D'mall and my favourite bar on the island.. Bom Bom Bar!
The resort itself had a lovely, quiet garden setting and an outdoor (covered in) dining area. They serve Indonesian and western food.. for anyone craving an aussie BBQ - you gotta try one here - the BBQ chicken burger I had was better than any I've tasted in Oz! There's also a pool table - great for passing time if it happens to rain. The bungalows are clean and spacious, each with its own balcony. Such a great place to relax!
The place is run by a friendly Australian guy, who often checked in on me to make sure everything was ok and the other staff were always smiling and having a joke. There is also security at the front gate at night.
At the time I stayed, I was able to negotiate a discount on the room by confirming a 4 night stay, plus it was quiet at that time of year.... so it doesn't hurt to ask!
I'd definately recommend this place. I've stayed at two other bungalow type resorts on the island and this is by far my favourite. Enjoy Boracay!

• Liked — The pretty, clean and spacious bungalows with own balcony
  • Disliked — The unmade path to the resort
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
8 Thank AliceInSthEastAsia
Australian in Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

I stayed at Frendz twice this year - once in Januray for 8 days, and for 5 days in May and absolutely love the place. The owners Steve and
Rose are very friendly, welcoming and accomodating. The place is located just 2 minutes from the beach and the rooms are clean, quiet at night, and come with good amentities and features, including hot water showers and cable tv. With free kareoke and pool table, cold beer and a relaxed bar/restaurant, you won't be disappointed.

• Liked — Location and friendliness of staff
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
7 Thank varls
Xingjiang
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

I have stayed in the Philippines on many occasions and love to go to Frendz. Both Steve and Rose always have taken wonderful care of me. I miss the pies steve makes!

Its the best value money in the Phils!!! (Its not the 4 seasons...dont expect marble) but if you want to spend time with a good family please be sure to go and enjoy their aussie hospitality

• Liked — The hosts
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank wallabies
Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2007

My first time in Boracay and I needed reasonably priced accommodation. I've stayed elsewhere in the Phils ( Puerto Galera and Subic) and I found Frendz lived up to its name, much friendlier and the freindly personalised service is second to none.
The rooms were neat and clean and its position was perfect, being a scuba diver I wanted to be close to the dive boats and Frendz fitted the bill perfectly.
No complaints at all, I enjoyed my stay immensely.

• Liked — Clean, good value for money
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
7 Thank scubaguy57
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2007

Usually I can't be bothered writing reviews for anything but the the week I just spent at Frendz was so enjoyable I think I'll be doing the place a huge disservice if I didn't let others know about it.

Anyway, I came accross Frendz while searching around on the net for an affordable place for my friend and I to stay in Boracay that preferably had a more natural feel to it. From the little tid bits of info I found, it appeared as though Frendz would fit the bill.

When we arrived, it was immediately apparent that it did... and then some. We were greeted quickly with a friendly smile and shown to a beautiful bungalow that was a head and shoulders above anywhere else we stayed in the Philippines for the same price. You won't find a sterile concrete jail cell here, but a lovely, natural wood hut that feels like an exotic home away from home.

We put our gear away and set off to explore the surroundings but before we could we were stopped by Steve, the owner, who offered us a welcome drink and then personally showed us around the immediate area, pointing out all the good spots to eat and drink. I can't say that I've met an owner like Steve who seemed to genuinely enjoy having a chat but never felt intrusive or pesky. From this point on, Steve was always willing to give us advice and recommendations whenever we asked for it. We even caught up with him for a drink at one of the local bars a couple of times.

Breakfast was eaten every day at Frendz. We enjoyed it so much on the first day that we didn't bother even thinking about eating it anywhere else. We also ate dinner there a couple of times after Steve recommended the meat pies. Once again, we weren't disappointed. Don't expext lightning fast service of your meals once you've ordered them, though. It feels more like eating at a relatives' house rather than a restaurant which, to me, is a good thing.

One of the little things that impressed me the most was the housekeeping service. We like to go out late to bars and sleep in 'till noon which can be a problem in some places when you forget to put out the DND sign - Nothing is worse that being awoken to the sound of a knocking housekeeper. Never did this happen at Frendz. In fact, the rooms seemed to magically clean themselves because I didn't see anyone near my room the whole time I was there. I'm sure that the staff always waited to see us appear for breakfast or with towels around our necks before doing their jobs but it was so unobtrusive I never noticed.

It's hard for me to find any faults with Frendz, especially for the price, and to be honest, the only thing that I could possibly think of that might annoy someone is the paths that lead to the beach and main road. They aren't exactly in the best condition and they're a little dark at night. It never bothered me but it might be something to consider if you have an injury or are scared by that sort of thing.

Overall a 5/5 stay that feels less like a hotel and more like a home, oustanding value too. My hat goes off to Steve and all the staff

• Liked — Friendliness, value, food
  • Disliked — I couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Nottboy
st.catharines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2007

Frendz Resort,Boracay,The Phillipines.
I stayed at Frendz resort based on a recommendation from a friend I met travelling ,walk in basis. I stayed in a dorm room which was so comfy and clean for a low price for a bed w/ shared bath. I had the absolute time of my life at this resort ,the staff was soooooo friendly ,attentive and very kind the atmosphere at the resort overall was fun and upbeat .Rose and steve do an amazing job at making thier guests feel like thier in a home away from home very welcoming!!!!! One of the most relaxing and enjoyable stays I've had travelling anywhere in the world, can't wait to visit again! If they'll have me>hahahahahahaha. good job ,Thank you to all the staff at frendz. love Melissa from Canada.

Stayed January 2007