“Excellent”

Ranked #12 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Sydney
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 16, 2008

My second trip to Boracay. Fantastic time. Couldn't fault Frendz. Staff are great, good food, cheap drinks and brilliant location. I'll be back.

Stayed December 2008
2 Thank blang01

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hangzhou, China
Reviewed September 1, 2008

This review has been long awaited, but we promised Steve we would, sorry for the long wait!

Frendz Resort is just what it is, it doesn't puport to be anything else. My wife and I had a wonderful weeks stay with another couple and their daughter and just had a blast on the gorgeous white beach. Our bungalow was made entirely (except bathroom)of natural bamboo and had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable, the room spacious for two, and the privateish deck was a bonus and even though the shower was small we looked forward to it every night after laying in the sun.

Steve and his wife Rose and their fellow staff were welcoming from Day one, they had someone meet us from the plane and were able to help us book tours, give wonderful tips and even share a few stories about past and present Boracay.

Frendz is located up an alley only 2-3 minutes walk from the middle area of the White Beach and while there we enjoyed wonderful mexican food at Manana (a great recommendation by Steve), in fact we went for 2nds. But the best feast to be had was the day we went to the local fish market and bought our fill of fresh snapper, king prawns, calamari and small clams for about $30 - $40USD and then Steve and his crew cooked it up for us for a small fee. It was delicious!

We also happened to be there at a time when there was unseasonally wet weather for a day or two, which didn't hamper things at all, in fact we were able to hear the bullfrogs croaking day and night, a phenomenon that has not happened for a few years.

If you're looking for a place to chill and a bed to sleep in with great company, albeit you get a few people who rock the boat every now and again, then Frendz is the place, its safe, quiet and friendy and of course cheap, in fact its the only sor of accomdation like this on the island.

Thanks for the great stay!

• Liked — The relaxed atmosphere.
  • Disliked — The walk in the service alley, but it can;t be helped because of the current construction.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cocoasian
Seoul
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Frendz has to be one of the best places in which I've stayed in all of SE Asia. The staff are friendlier and more helpful than any I've ever met, and the location is great - a 1 or 2 minute walk to the beach yet far enough away that you don't have to deal with the noise and traffic of the beachfront. The rooms are clean and really nice considering how cheap they are. Would definitely stay here again. Cheers!

Stayed July 2008
3 Thank dwinterb
Manchester, England
Reviewed May 23, 2008

This was my third visit to Boracay in as many years and I found Frendz to be, by far, the best place I have stayed at.
You cannot, and will not, find a better value for money resort anywhere, and don't be put off by the backpacker/hostel tag you may find somewhere as the rooms are as good as most on the main beachfront, but at a third of the price.
Steve and his wife Rose (soon to be Big Momma Rosie if she carries on drinking all that San Miguel haha) were superb and couldn't do enough for all their guests, and the rest of the staff there are always happy, smiling, and willing to help.
I have worked in the travel industry for a long time and I can honestly say I would recommend Frendz without hesitation to anybody thinking of going to Boracay.
I read one review on here saying you don't get 100+ cable channels...you don't, you get 96, but Boracay is a little piece of paradise on earth, and cable tv would be bottom of my list of priorities if i'm honest.
All I can say is...if you are thinking of visiting Boracay, book into Frendz...you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — absolutely everything
  • Disliked — having to leave
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank lee_manc
Beijing
Reviewed May 10, 2008

We had a good time. Perhaps this wasn't exactly what we had in mind, but folks looking for a down-to-earth, family run establishment where you can grab a drink with the owner anytime will love this place. Homely, warm, not far from the beach.

Don't expect fresh pressed linen everyday and 100+ cable channels though! However, the owner and staff are full of honest and practical advice about how to make the most of boracay!

• Liked — Great down to earth service, good price
  • Disliked — Budget style bathroom
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scighera
Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2008

A resort allowing you to really experience the Philippines, with a
slight touch of "Aussie". Grass thatched huts, aircon or faned rooms, or the backpacker dorms.
Cable TV, with a little Aussie bar situated in the middle of
the tropical gardens. Only a short walk to the beach, or the
main road. This convenience allowing you to just
soak up and experience all what the Island has to offer.
The staff there really make you feel like a part of thier family.
"I guess that's why it's named Frendz".
Frendz cater's for all travelers, from the
Backpackers to those wishing value for money.
I totally enjoyed my stay there, and will be visiting it again
very soon in the future.

• Liked — The tropical feel
  • Disliked — That I had to leave and return back to reality.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank ScottyAustralia
Macau
Reviewed April 30, 2008

When I first saw the resort in the travellerspoint website, I got really attracted with the pictures because of its natural way of staying in a nipa hut house. And when I arrived there, its really cozy because of the natural style of having a vacation. I mean if someone like me who is really a traveller and had experienced luxurious accomodation, i would want to have a diffent kind of setting where I can really relax the natural way. And frendz resort have it for you. The bamboo wallings which keeps the air fresh when it enters the house.

One more thing is that the people who you can trust whenever you left valuable things inside the room. And you will not be bothered if you will loose it or not. Thanks to the people especially mel, rose, kuya perry , the husband of mel and rose and especially aries who is really handsome but a bit snobish. ofcourse to the security guard who is really concern for the tenants safety.

Sure I will comeback again here.

• Liked — The very native attraction of the house
  • Disliked — Shower not so nice
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo