“Great stay for the second time”

Frendz Resort Boracay
Ranked #12 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great stay for the second time”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my second stay at Frendz resort and it is by far my favourite hostel that I've stayed in. Frendz always has a great atmosphere (especially during happy hour) and everybody gets to know everybody who stays there. The staff are amazing, especially Greg and Geoff who go out of their way to get to know the guests. Can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First came here in Frendzresort last 2005, 2007 and 2011. In 2011, we, couple booked in hostelworld.com in a very reasonable price and stayed in one of the bungalow rooms for 3 days and 2 nights. Their bungalow rooms have queen size bed, 21" TV, air-con and washroom.

The location of their hostel is very good as it is only 3-5 mins.walk from the beach shore of Station 1 and, around 10-15mins walk from D-Mall (restaurants). The staff are also nice and friendly.

All in all, I always have a nice stay here and definitely will come back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Frendz resort (hostel) would be a best option for budget travlers and/or backpackers in Boracay island. I stayed in double aircon room, it has dorm accomodation, though. I like their bamboo-style housing and everything's working well, without any problem.
There's another double room in Casamso, sister hostel of Frendz, I liked more the Frendz' room for its style plus Wi-Fi availability in the room (Staffs mentioned that Wi-fi is available only for public area, but it was available from double room with 'weak' signal).
If you're interested, you can meet people to hang out. They have beach chairs which are really convenient to enjoy White beach. I brought ice Americano coffee from Starbucks nearby and enjoyed it with book at beach chair!
The staffs are really helpful and friendly. Jeff and female staffs (sorry, I forgot their name) are willing to help all the guests at reception, also Greg who is a bartender & also beach chairs manager, is very friendly and helpful too.
I'll definitely recommend this place in Boracay, especially for solo or young group travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed in my own room rather than a dorm style accomodation and for what I paid I was really happy. The location is great, the food is cheap and good. All the staff are really friendly and make staying there a great experience. Not sure if it was just the week that I happened to stay there but the community feel was unmatched for the rest of my trip throughout SE Asia. Everyone eats together, drinks together and parties together. As I was on my own it was great to meet so many new people and got my holiday off to a great start.

Room Tip: For the price I'd definately just get a room for yourself.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jezzman30
london
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I didn't stay in the most cost effective room by going solo, and it was a very steep cost for one person in the double room, but I am glad I did to have my own space but also be able to meet all the travellers too.

Frendz is a really nice place - the staff are lovely and put up with a lot of our drunken behaviour, the food was decent enough, the rooms were nice and Boracay is actually a very sweet place which, at night, has the tendancy to become completely crazy!

I stayed from 21st April for 4 nights and met some of the funniest people of my travels so far, ring of fire, drunken dancing, B52's, Summer Club and Epic - good times :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

How often does the owner of a place come out to greet you with a smile upon arrival? How often do you get a free welcome beer? FRENDZ is one place you'll make great memories if you love to meet new people and share good conversation. I stayed here in 1999 and loved it, always wanting to return. Feb 2013, finally came back with my family but there were new owners. I loved the old owners but new owner, Reinhardt was even more so friendly, his beautiful wife and family - the entire staff are so very non-stop accomodating. My family got sick prior to our arrival and unfortunately, were only starting to feel better the night before we left. It was great to have the FRENDZ restaurant right outside our cottage, felt just like home. Reinhardt gave us recommendations for restaurants, activities, and even local info for doctors. Met lots of people from around the world. If you like to engage in good conversation with fellow travelers, feel at home away from home then come to FRENDZ. It's like visiting your friends house. Some of the little things people complain about are just little things. If you want to be a tourist, come and go, then stay at the fancy places. FRENDZ puts the sweetness into the real travel experience. We'll definitely return,..healthy

Room Tip: Pay for the ammenities you want. Most travelers here don't stay in their rooms. We loved relaxin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aprilfoolssdzoo
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just walked in without any reservation and luckily there were vacancies. Stayed in a mixed dorm with my friend for 2 nights (wish we stayed longer), great value for money, met new "Frendz", good location (Just 2-3 mins walk to the beach) and excellent staff! I even got free beer on my last night because they told me they seldom see Filipino guests aha!

Already planning to go back in 2 months. So see you! Cheers!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends