“Hang out with some new Frendz...”

Frendz Resort Boracay
Ranked #15 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Melbourne
“Hang out with some new Frendz...”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at Frendz as a solo traveller, but opted for private room (nipa hut) rather than a dorm (I'm pushing 40, so used to my own space). Like many, I relied on Tripadvisor and Hostels.com reviews to make my decision. For the price, I really can't complain, nor shall I. I had a great few days there and it was really good to come back and share my amazement of beautiful Boracay with other travelers.

it's about 1 min stroll to the beach, which takes you off the super busy main drag, but it also makes it quieter - the bars on the beach go off. Anyhow, the room was consistently clean, the staff were lovely. Am glad I didn't spend my time at a sterile hotel in Boracay - I also saved enough money on the accommodation to treat myself to a degustation dinner at Alchemy at the end of the lane where you hit the beach - another massive recommendation for your time in Boracay! (And the day trip to Ariel's Point - 1500 pesos, arrange via reception!)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Looking from outside the fence, Frendz resort's facade does not seem inviting at all... My friends and I were all thinking "I hope this is not it." but once we got inside the property, everyone thought "Oh, this is nice!"

We rented three private rooms. The rooms are average but pretty much comfortable. The sheets smelled fresh. The bathroom marbles could use a little bit more cleaning but perhaps that's just how they're supposed to look like. The rooms also have verandas where we hang our towels and clothes to dry.

Unfortunately, it was raining on-and-off in Boracay during our stay. The bottom of the nipa huts accumulated water and this is where the mosquitoes bred. The dirty water also made its way to the pipes and so the water coming from the bathroom faucet and the water closet was dirty and smelled really bad. This is the case for all three nipa huts we rented. However, we were happy that the water coming from the hot shower was clean so we didn't have to worry about where to take a shower. But I hope Frendz will do something about this.

The staff are very nice and accommodating. I also liked staying at the comfortable common area where they have free wi-fi. It's also great that Frendz Resort guests can stay at the beach chairs in front of Steakhouse (at the beach front) for free so we didn't have to worry about where to hang out during idle time.

I enjoyed my first trip to Boracay. We stayed at the nice side of Station 1/2 but didn't have to spend so much on accommodation! I will recommend this to more friends and make sure to come back. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
roserein, Owner at Frendz Resort Boracay, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thanks for your overall positiv feedback. Brief comment regarding the water issue your experienced: About 12months ago we upgraded our water system. Since then, the water for the showers and also the water for the sink is top quality water, actually it's drinking quality. We made also a decision that we do not use drinking water to flush the toilets or rinse feet from sand, since we believe it is a bit of a waste from an environmental point of view. However, we are now just checking the situation to ensure, that also this water system has a reasonable quality to serve its purpose.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Absolutely amazing experience. Frendz hostel was everything I had hoped for. I stayed in a single room - very nice. The common area for meals and drinks made it very easy to meet new people (who by the way were great as well). Happy hour a couple nights during the weeks; very cheap drinks. The food was surprisingly good - ended up eating just as many meals at the hostel as I did out. Very close to the beach with its own section to lounge in the sun. No need to talk about Boracay itself, if you are already looking to stay there you probably know how great it is.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Absolutely loved my stay at Frendz! The staff were really helpful and super friendly. The resort is in a fantastic location, close to the most beautiful beach I've ever seen, as well as lots of bars, restaurants and shops. The dorms were spacious and clean, with linen and towels changed regularly. Made loads of new friends as their bar/ eating area is buzzing with people and the food wasn't bad either. Would highly recommend staying at Frendz if you go to Boracay!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Carlywilliams83
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Didn't want to leave frendz they are so friendly and you do make amazing friends.. Food and drink reasonable prices with Gregors being the best staff there..rooms great you get what you pay for.. It's a 1min walk down to white beach where you get free sun beds discount off diving, food at steak house and massage.. Il be coming back a week wasn't long enough!!

• Stayed November 2012
Miri
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I traveled alone to Boracay, and choose this hotel based the Trip advisor review. And book through Air Asia...

The budget hotel really good value for backpacker, or tight budget traveler like me. Just that it's a bit difficult to find at first, but people around are very helpful to show you the direction. Which you have to walk through a small dark path to the hotel entrance..wasn't so sure about the safety walking at night, but I was drunk when I walked back alone last night from Station 2, it's okay maybe I just paranoid.

The staff there are friendly as mentioned, and said they wanna to remember your name. But from the 2 days I staying there, I don't think they remember my name, unless you always buzz over to them, of coz they remember your name by then. Otherwise, just puzzled when they saw you...it's okay, that's not important at all to me.

The room is okay, clean, air-conditioning, hot shower, cable TV, with front patio, that I can get not so strong Wifi but still can browse the net. I enjoy my stay here..not so sure I wanna come back to stay again, but I will keep my option open. There are so many hotels to choose from around here..my advise is just don't stick to what other advisor reviews. You won't try, you just won't know.

1 Thank Jimmy_L421
Manila
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The best hostel in Boracay if you're in a budget backpacking mode and looking for people to meet while traveling.
The staff is friendly and goes out of their way to remember everyone's names. The best place in the hostel is the common room where people can access the wifi, read a book, lounge around and make plans for the day, meet people, eat breakfast/lunch and have happy hour. The hostel arranges happy hour nights and a band jams with the guests which is always fun and sometimes get rowdy. Frendz has the old Boracay vibe and it's secluded location helps maintain that.
If you're traveling solo, you won't feel totally alone at Frendz. If you're with a group, the place gives and easy-going vibe for everyone

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo