Mandala Spa & Resort Villas
  • Breakfast included
Seabird International Resort(Boracay)(Great Value!)
$54
TravelBook.ph
  • Beachfront
The Boracay Crown Beach Hotel(Boracay)(Great Value!)
$38
Priceline
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssignature massageoutdoor showergarden villaprana restaurantdigital detoxfloral bathdaily yogaginger teabody scrubwhite beachprivate deckquiet retreatevery morningtricycle ridedaily breakfastrain showerupon request
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2014

First of all I need to take nothing away from the rooms, grounds and breakfast at Mandala Spa & Villas.

Firstly, we stayed in a "technology detox" room and found it a little tough by the end of our stay to go without any form of TV, WIFI or Music. If you plan to try this room prepare yourself!! I thought I could manage without any form of technology for 8 nights but as it turns out what I learned about myself is that I am actually more reliant on technology then I ever thought. It's much harder to do then I thought. Take nothing away from the rooms however, they are stunning, large and are everything I expected them to be. The only issue we had was an extremely loud air conditioner that seemed to struggle with the humidity and heat of Boracay. Sleeping with this screaming air conditioner was a times tough Other then that the rooms are suburb.

The breakfast and the breakfast staff too are both wonderful. Every morning we were treated to a smiling group of staff who were all so wonderful to us. The food too was fantastic and it really made for a fantastic start to our day.

What I found a little irritating was the location. Upon booking I was led to believe that the hotel had direct access to the beach. This is not the case and is actually around 800m walk away from the beach. The location is very secluded though but for me I came to Boracay for the beach and there are other hotels with a much better locations then this one. At the beach too there are no chairs for your use so you need to ask other hotels and bars to use there chairs.

Also, there is basically no facilities in this resort whatsoever. No gym, No pool (unless you book a pool villa) and no business centre. They do yoga classes which are interesting but apart from yoga and some extremely expensive massages there is nothing here to do by the day time. However, tricycles can be hired cheaply and will take you wherever you want to go.

Personally I think Mandala is perfect for a weekend getaway but I would not stay here longer then 2-3 nights as there is only so much you can do within this resort. If you just want to be left alone in your room in a very secluded place then this resort is for you otherwise if you want a beach front property I would suggest another hotel.

Room Tip: Book a pool villa as there is no pool for normal guests.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michael d
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

On arrival we were made very welcome. The room looked amazing and was very accommodating with everything you could need. The only bar for drink is the mini fridge in the room which has a reasonably good selection. Borocay has lots to offer so everything is just a nice stroll along the beach away for about 20 mins for the centre or a tricycle for next to nothing which they organise at reception. The staff are extremely accommodating and make a massive effort to greet you by your name. During our stay we received a complimentary yoga class which was very pleasant. A great stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I had stayed at Mandala Spa for 6D5N (Romantic Indulgence Package+Additional 1 Night) at the garden villa for our honeymoon vacation. Getting to Mandala was easy all thanks to the escorted transfer of a private van (1hr 30mins) to caticlan port, followed by a boat ride (15mins) and a car (5mins) to fetch us directly to the villa. We were greeted by the friendly staff and felt really welcomed in this cosy villa stay.

We had limited choices for our breakfast set, but they were really well done I'd say. Pretty surprised by that cos we were initially worried bout it upon reading the other reviews. Oh and we've got a romantic dinner included in our package as well. Gosh, that really came as a surprise when the staff actually came half an hour earlier to set up the dining table, chairs and candles in our room. The 4 course dinner came perfectly presented with our organic wine, and we really enjoyed that dinner!

Oh yeah there's one thing i'd like to point out though. It was stated that a 42inch TV would be placed in room upon request. However ours was way smaller though. It was only till the 4th day when we requested for another tv (cos the first one died on us) did we realize they really had a 42inch tv elsewhere! Read online that they'd give sarongs, beach bag for souvenirs..but we didn't get any of it. No idea why either. But luckily, you can rent their beach towels out for free (just remember to bring it back, cos I've read reviews of them charging customers for lost towels).

Overall it's been a pretty good experience...I'd appreciate it if they'd taken note that it was our honeymoon. I've mentioned it to the sales person during booking but it seems like the staff there ain't aware about it even though one of them did ask casually.

Room Tip: Request for a villa with partial sea view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila Jayme T
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed 5 nights at Mandala in three different villas. We'd requested the pool villa for the entirety, but it was only available two nights during our stay. Best two nights of our trip! I'll start at the beginning, however.

Getting to Mandala was a breeze, thanks to the friendly hotel handler that assists and picks up at Caticlan airport. You're handed a beautiful ginger tea upon arrival at Mandala, and soon whisked away to your villa hideaway. Our first villa was absolutely lovely. Beautiful, romantic decor, big bathrooms, huge comfy bed, nifty outdoor shower, and back patio with the non-view of a wall, but private for sure. They'd even come through with the wine and beer we suggested, the beer of which they had to get in from Manila. Very impressive customer service with that alone. The entire hotel and it's villas are on the jungle hillside up from the beach, so it's perfectly secluded. We never heard a peep from a neighboring villa/human, just the occasional rooster and goat... and a very distant base, but I'll get more into that in a bit... But, planning ahead tip #1: bring bug spray! We'd read a previous review of someone complaining about the hotel not controlling the mosquitos, and couldn't help but laugh... what could they do?! YOU'RE IN A JUNGLE, FOOL! Haha.. aka, plan appropriately.

The hotel only serves breakfast, but oh what a breakfast! Very few choices, but what they do, they do well. Fresh ingredients, and the cook is fantastic. I had the best pancakes of my life there! There are mangos there all day for the taking, and fresh at breakfast with other fruits and muffins. Even the coffee was excellent.

Eventually we decided to venture down the short road to the beach. And.. shock. It was packed. Planning ahead lesson #2: know the peak seasons and busiest holidays. We went for Christmas for some romantic solitude, and didn't anticipate encountering hoards of people. The accessible beach was so full, we never once utilized it. We walked the entire 'strip', however, and usually ate lunch and dinners in Station 2, the 'known' busy section. This is where the dance music and base were thumping from about 3pm to 3am daily. We could hear a hint of them at night in our first villa, but nothing we couldn't drown out with a/c fans. Our last night we walked down to Station 1 and hung out/ate at a very nice hotel bar/restaurant on the beach, and it was much quieter and pleasant. (Great place to check out, skilled bartenders and wonderful food.. Discovery Shores. We took a trike back to Mandala. Have smaller bills for them! They're unable to break much.)

On to the pinnacle, the pool villa. First of all, it's a Hike to get to. It's atop the hillside of their property, which grants it stunning ocean views from the luxury of your own private deck and pool. I can't express enough how stunning this villa was. You run into the standard issues as any tropical locale, such as the occasional ant indoors, wee lizards, and yes mosquitos outside, but mostly it was a lovely clean villa. It's magazine worthy rustic and romantic. The entire bathroom is outdoors, which sounds odd, but it totally works in a comfortable, private way. Planning tip #3: get the burning mosquito coils to burn 24/7 by the bathroom and pool lounge area. We saw them in an outdoor restaurant, and found them easy enough in a convenience store. We propped them in empty wine and beer bottles, and burnt them all day/night. Worked amazingly well, we never were bit out there.

Warning! If you hear loud chirping noises in your villa, never fear. What we thought was a bat in the room turned out to be the tiny lizards! They're harmless and stay out of your way and mostly out of sight, and in fact probably eat bugs you don't want. They were mostly quiet, but the first time we heard them it was unthinkable they could be that loud. We affectionately gave them names after that, and welcomed their tiny lizard presence.

Our third villa was as nice as the first, slightly different furniture, still lovely, still no patio view (another wall), but you don't miss it. Tip #4: toss the pretty petals around the room into the toilet immediately! At some point in villa one we noticed the petals were attracting ants. And while it's beautiful, the petals are everywhere you wouldn't want an ant to be. By the sink, on your bed, etc. So don't take any chances, just toss 'n flush right away. By villa three, we had this tossing ritual down pat!

We never utilized the daily yoga, but did do a couples massage in our room that was very nice. Not having had many massages to compare to, it seemed wonderful to us, and jumping in the huge tub after with wine was perfection.

The only hiccups we encountered were the wifi passwords not working at first, the reception lady having key issues getting us into the pool villa, and the few ants/bugs. Certainly not deal breakers, and again, accept you're in a JUNGLE, and all's well. We did eventually get to a beach, upon their recommendation to jump on a trike to Puka Beach. Much much quieter, almost empty by comparison, with locals selling fresh coconuts to sip on while you sunbathe. Highly recommend.

All said, I'd recommend Mandala 100%. We're so so thankful Mandala itself was a quiet paradise, because given the crowds we were surprised with, it really salvaged our trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Abby T
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Really amazing hotel everything i expected from my stay in Boracay.
Very close to the beach. you can go through beaten path and be there in 5 mins walking distance.
Great breakfast. really healthy and fresh breakfast everyday.
Their spa treatment was also amazing!
I did a package for like 5 hours and it was amazing! well worth it :)

They do not have dinner service or lunch service there so you can either order online or take a tricycle for very very cheap price to the center (70 php per way per car)
It is quite far from happening area so you either have to walk long time ( which i do not recommend ) or you can take tricycle everywhere and we did not have any problem since tricycle was very very cheap.

stuff were very welcoming and warm.
friendly and acommodating.
It is almost like living in a nature ( like a jungle ) with beach in walking distance.
room were decorated very nice with hibiscus and i was totally impressed as i walked into the room.

They also offer very good bath in room if you like and it was very good it even came with small drink and food.

At night there are a lot of frogs around... like seriously big one which is bigger than your fist lol

just do not be scared ;)

I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here and i would love to go back again .
oh and a lot of mosquitos. so be prepared with sprays.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple