New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Mandala Spa & Resort Villas

Mandala Spa & Resort Villas
Ranked #21 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
MALAYSIA
“Superb Services In Tranquility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We tried the Hilot massage. From the moment we reserved til the end of the treatment, the whole experience has been satisfactory, except that the lobby flooring is made from bamboo sticks,my partner had been trying to put on her necklace and accidentally, the pendant slipped from her fingers ang whaddaya know-it fell into the ground thru the bamboo, upon approaching the receptionist, she came and have a look, then gave us the expected,yet dissapointed reply "I'm afraid the answer is NO"! Well, the gold will be flickering foen there for years to come, I was just hoping if 1day the management will reconstruct the building...wishful thinking!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
Mandalas, General Manager at Mandala Spa & Resort Villas, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear THAM38,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review, we do apologize about the necklace and the inconvenience caused by the bamboo flooring. Please do e-mail me directly at resortmanager@mandalaspa.com and I shall see if we can locate it and mail it back to you.

We are grateful for your patronage.

warmest regards,
Mandala Spa & Villas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The entrance to Mandala is off the less than impressive main road near station 1 but it's like entering another world you pass the gates and make your way up to reception.

I only have two regrets!

One is that I didn't go during the day to really enjoy the lush greenery and foliage on the way to our treatment room. It's like entering a rain forest but I couldn't fully appreciate the beauty around me as it was night time.

Two is that I ONLY got a massage due to time constraints. The massage was wonderful and I really wish that I had had the time to use that as a 'primer' for their other treatments.

Service was also fabulous. I felt so calm and serene at the end of it. It truly is a wonderful spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue C
Mandalas, Manager at Mandala Spa & Resort Villas, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hello Sue C,

Thank you very much for the kinds words, it is a shame that your did not get the chance to come by during the daytime, the greenery of the environment is truly a sight for sore eyes. :) We hope to see you again during your next visit and we may assist in prolonging your experience with us.

warmest regards
Mandala Spa & Villas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I frequent the island of Boracay not just to relax and enjoy the white sand beach the Philippines has been boasting about but also to visit Mandala Spa - with its exceptional service, you'll always feel pampered and loved. The ambience makes you feel like you're one with nature, like you have found your place of solace. They even offer yoga sessions for free! Every visit is always an amazing experience for me.

Room Tip: Most of their rooms are villas so almost all the rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bay, Laguna, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've always been a massage aficionado but after my Mandala spa experience, I can best be described as an instant fanatic. If only I could go to Boracay every single week just to experience the deep tissue massage plus sauna, I definitely would! Boracay will not be complete without experiencing Mandala. The massage was invigorating in all aspects. It's calming, and even sleep inducing. It will relax you physically, mentally, and emotionally... an authentic sensory delight. As you enter the villa, relaxing sounds of nature and scent of massage oils and flowers welcome you. The massage itself was the highlight. I'm craving for another one right now. I am grateful that I was able to experience it. I will surely GO BACK to MANDALA!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jea B
Boracay, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

For our second trip to Boracay, we decided to stay again at the wellness heven Mandal Spa. With hilltop views of the ocean surrounded by lush gardens far away from the hustle and bustle of the tourists area...this is the quiet perfect retreat were searching for. We were amazed yet again with the level of service provided by the owner Sir Jove and his wonderful team. They went well above our expectations in every area... AGAIN! We did some yoga, had some treatments, ate seafood...perfect!

Room Tip: Both we have stayed in were great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I'm a city boy.
Most of my spa experiences have revolved around what the city provides as ''spa'' centres. Boy, was I totally missing out.
One visit to the Mandala Spa and Villas was what brought me to this realization.
While it suffices to say that everything about THIS spa is EXCELLENT and that it's almost difficult to say just one thing about the experience that stood out, let me attempt to elaborate...

Here, each of the senses are paid tribute to in a true cohesion of nature's beauty and man's expertise. A tranquil pathway from the entrance leads you to an embrace of lush greenery until you are greeted by their welcoming staff.

If one notices these things, you would note how well-trained the Mandala staff are as even their very movement can be mesmerizing.

Once your treatment begins, tranquility becomes bliss. The softest sarong, the fragile flower petals rubbed against your tired feet as they are washed in activated water, the choices of scented natural oils, their therapist's expert touch and the faintest music highlighting nature from outside.

I became putty. Happy putty, I'm telling you.

I would not even attempt to explain the treatment I had beyond it being scrubs, massages and facials. It was 2.5 hours of heaven on Earth is all I can really say.

After the generous 2.5 hours (none of this is rushed), you are offered a pot of tea. This is no sad tea, mind you. Its ginger base and other ingredients confirm that whatever troubles there might have been have already gone.

Do not be surprised if you look at yourself in the mirror after all that and notice that your skin seems to be glowing. I was. My eyes weren't deceiving me then, because my friend actually said the exact same thing when she saw me.

I needed to spread the word, so as soon as I left, I whipped out my phone and tweeted about the experience (city boy, remember?)
I got several tweets back from people who have had their own Mandala Spa experience. All echoed my satisfaction (some even said they didn't want to leave)
That assured me, really, that what I had was a consistent Mandala Spa and Villas experience.

So, yeah. City Boy Met Mandala.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank JayceCJacinto
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

After a disappointing massage in one of the local massage place, I was so happy that Mandala spa was recommended to us. I didn't expect to find an amazing spa in this island. The ambiance is just gorgeous,outside and inside the villa.The staff are friendly and polite and well trained,very professional in what they do. Had the very first time to have the Hawaiian Kahuna massage and it was so relaxing...and sensual i would say( done professionally,of course. Best for couples) Just love the foot bath before the massage and ends with a floral bath and coconut drink! What a great treat for myself! Best spa i ever experienced! I would like to go back and probably spend a day or two to really enjoy the whole package. I hope this place will expand and have one in the United States and major cities in the Phil.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family