Red Coconut Beach Hotel
Coast(Boracay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscoco barno liftperfect locationchanged dailybuffet breakfasthotel guestslarge balconythe ground floorsmall poolrestaurant staffd mallnight lifefew stepsfamily roomwelcome drinkcaticlan airportboracay island
Reviewed February 11, 2007

Two years ago, I stayed at the Boracay Beach Resort which is located between Station 1 & 2. I loved the location because it was less busy but not too boring either. It had a nice outdoor setting. A couple of resorts down the Red Coconut got my attention because it looked inviting (perhaps it's the front pool or the red table cloth in their outdoor setting or maybe it's the front bar). Anyway, I told to myself that next time I go to Bora I will definitely try stay there.

The arrangements to get to Red Coconut was quite disappointing but I wouldn't take it again the resort because during that time there were a lot of flight delays which stuffed up the scheduling of boat transfer for Red Coconut. Unfortunately you can't get drop off at Station 1 or 2 anymore - instead u are dropped off by the pier then driven down the main back road. This means your entrance to the resort is through the back which was disappointing cos the front of the resort is beautiful which is what you would like to see to start feeling like you are in paradise.
It's not that bad... I'm just comparing to who it was like on the first visit.

We stayed at the 3rd floor seaview room (Room 303) for approx AU$140 per room per night and it includes breakfasts and transfers. The view was spectacular. You could sit at the balcony all day just enjoying the view. It was good but if you would like it to be better then I suggest that you stay in the room next to our room which is more central. Our room was a little bit to the right and it was close to the where the restaurant and pool is so you kinda get the rooftop of the restaurant.

The room itself was tidy and very spacious for 2 people. It would be perfect for 3 adults (there was a double bed and single bed in the room). Check out the pictures.

The meals at the restaurant is quite pricy but worth a try. We only ate there once as we wanted to try out the other restaurants on the island.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

I would stay at the red coconut again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank Bluepetal23
Reviewed January 27, 2007

We stayed at the Red Coconut for 4 days and 3 nights for our honeymoon and it was unforgettable! We booked a seaview room at the 2nd Flr and it was simply amazing, the room has a King bed and a Queen bed, a sofa and a huge TV. The shower was clean. The room smells great and housekeeping always clean the room daily while we were out. We checked the Garden View rooms and they are not as great as what we had so thank God we booked the Seaview.

The location is just right. It's at the border of Station 1 & 2 so it's just a few minutes walk to D'mall [shops]. It's also just a short walk to the night life at station 1. The resort is far enough from the noisy bars so you can definitely sleep well.

Breakfast is good but there are flies around sometimes [gotta do something about it]. Room Service is very pricey. Staff is ok but quite detached.

Over-all the place is Great!

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank LeilaniAllyn
Reviewed July 29, 2006

staff were excellent, manager was excellent, breakfast was very good, lunch was great, room on ground floor next to pool was clean and cool and water was warm for showers, the hotel made our stay uncomplicated and something we both will remember. thanks to all great hotel people.

Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank redtree1
A TripAdvisor Member
Ft. Myers, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2006

The staff at the Red Coconut were terrific, very friendly. The amenities were great. We enjoyed ourselves immensely in Boracay; the staff went out of their way to make our stay one of the best vacations ever.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2006

My wife and I stayed there in mid-May 2006 when the Typhoon went through Boracay. The price is slighty steep for what you get. The on-site restaurant is fair at best. I always wanted to eat elsewhere. The pool was clean and nice (until the typhoon came in). After, no one bothered to clean the pool until for 4+ days. We ended up leaving without being able to swim again. The view from the room was probably the best part of the whole think, and even that wasn't great. Good place to stay if "basic" is your thing.

• Stayed: May 2006