“No complaints......”

Red Coconut Beach Hotel
Ranked #34 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
“No complaints......”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Can't say anything bad about red coconut...

In house restaurant was good but breakfast needs work in both selection and presentation..

Room was very large and shower was big enough for 2. Plenty of pressure and hot water.

Attached coffee shop and bar was very convenient.

Hotel arranged tours and trips at no extra charge..

I will stay here again without question.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank jeff6276

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was my first time in Boracay, I had picked this hotel due to it's reviews and I am glad I did. The hotel is located perfectly on the beach, it's set out with the pool in the middle, hotel behind with restaurant in front, bar and coffee shop to each side of that.......and right on the beach of course - perfect.

The rooms are quite large, plenty room with very large showers and large balcony. I was on the top (fourth) floor at the front with a sea-view. Very clean and comfortable, good TV channels and DVD player (not that you'd want to stay inside long enough to watch any as Boracay is such a beautiful place), and the mini-bar is cheap compared most hotels.

The staff are very friendly in all areas of the hotel, they really couldn't be more helpful and always polite.

Some people have reviewed complaining about noise if staying in a room on the front - please don't think too much into this, the music stops around midnight, it really isn't that loud beforehand anyway. I was out most nights soaking up the nightlife, it's hard not too, but the night I was in my room before midnight the music wasn't loud.

I ate at the restaurant a few nights, very nice menu with plenty to choose from. Coco Bar is open till midnight, it's so cool with really nice lighting - the staff here are very friendly, you can't help but end up talking to a lot of different people with the way this bar is setup which is excellent.

I will definitely stay here again when i'm back - March/April hopefully. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lewis_Halket
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Staff were very friendly so far and accommodating. I love the atmosphere and how they welcomed us with those sweet smile. Our room is located on the 2nd floor and was allowed to early check in without extra charge. I will write more so watch out!

Stayed July 2014
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 4, 2014

For first timer in Boracay, Red Coconut is one of the best locations in Statioin 2 (Party area).

Pros: Aside from having a pool (in case you are not a beach water person), you have to consider Red Coconut for it's location: (1) right in front of the beach (some hotels may require some walk and no direct access to the beach), you can run from your room to the water; (2) a short walking distance to D'Mall for food and shopping.
To add, the hotel had various room options for solo travelers to family or small group. I was able to get a Deluxe Pool access which is a great room option (tip: should you wish to get a pool access or view, ask for the 2nd floor or higher if you want the view of the shore and water).
Amenities: Wifi is always a must for me plus, they do have a resto, a bar and a cafe - make sure you try book with the breakfast buffet as they offer a good spread.
Lastly, I love the staff. Uber friendly and never felt that I was traveling alone.

Cons: Not one of the newer hotels but for a mid range budget - one of the best options. The noise from the bar can be a little loud for those sleep light, I would suggest a higher floor. Also, as I am traveling during the rainy season, you will see some wind breaker in from of the hotel (and most of the hotels within the area).

Over-all: A must hotel for first timer, solo traveler and middle price range traveler.

Room Tip: If you prefer a direct access, get the ground floor pool view, if you prefer a more quiet room and v...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank tripin_travel
Reviewed June 23, 2014

It was my first time in Boracay and I stayed at this hotel. I had them arrange my airport transfers from Caticlan. I'd say they are a bit expensive but I enjoyed the over all experience. I was the only passenger from Caticlan airport until the hotel. I was picked up by a van and then was transferred to a boat and then another van. All of which, I was the only passenger and I was well-assisted. Someone carries by luggage for me and I'm always on express when it comes to those lines for the terminal fees, etc.

The best thing about this hotel is it's location. It is situated literally a few steps from the shore. It is in between station 1 and station 2. It has a restaurant and a bar in front. The bar is lively during evenings. The hotel provides blue beach towels outside. You are not allowed to bring the provided white towels inside the room. This is quite convenient because you just ask the staff to bring you a towel when you are already lounging in one of their beach benches.

My room is 6k a night, no view. The room is good and well-kept. The only problem I had was that on my first day, the toilet won't flush. I called it out and within 5mins, an attendant is already at my door to check it out. I think it got fixed within 30mins (talk about quick service). Another thing is that I saw a cockroach in my bathroom. It was only once and I think it must have been attributed to the building being old. Over-all, the bathroom is clean. It does not have molds and the floor tiles are squeaky clean. They change the sheets and towels every day.

The room comes with a buffet breakfast. There are a lot of food choices although it is not that delicious. It's okay I guess. The restaurant staff are very friendly so I didn't mind it too much. They have a pool in front of the hotel but I never used it because it feels too exposed. The pool is situated in the middle of the hotel's restaurant and bar - the place where most guests hang out - so yeah. Self-explanatory.

Over-all, I had a very good experience. The staff is very professional. Friendly. Helpful. The hotel didn't have hidden charges or unfair charges. All rules/charges are clearly explained. They have a fridge inside the room and it has this paper attached to the door clearly showing the prices of the stuff inside. The only thing free in there is 2 small bottles of mineral water that is replenished every day. Instant coffee, sugar and creamer is also free but I never used them because they have brewed coffee served during the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank RuikoQ
Reviewed June 21, 2014

May be too expensive, but location is great. Staff members are very professional and friendly. I reported the toilet base to be leaking with water, but it was never fixed. Housekeeping does not bother to check the patio. Ash tray was filled with water from previous night's rains and there were still wet spots everywhere. I was also charged for a missing face towel. Seriously though, what would I do with their face towel?

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We loved our stay at the Red Coconut. Very nice hotel! We prolonged our stay 3 times! (Supposed to stay 4 days, ended up with staying 16 days..!) And our kids did not want to leav ever!;-)
The food was great! Breakfast, lunch an dinner! Lots to choose from. The beach beds were fantastic, and the guards at the beach, we loved them! Firm and dedicated, but still able to play a minute with our kids! And the staff: super friendly, nice, adorable and world class!!! <3
They made us feel special!!

• Stayed July 2013