“Excellent Stay Lovely Place”

Dave's Straw Hat Inn
Ranked #11 of 145 Hotels in Boracay
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay Lovely Place”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here in October2012 and we absolutely loved it the staff where friendly and helpful the rooms where nice and clean plus when you book your room they can organise the transfere for you which is very quick and very swift as well. The location was perfect and with all the facilities out close to where your staying. This is a place I would recommend to all my friends and a we plan to go back there on are next vacation in 2014 fingers crossed. This is the best place to stay in boracay I must say a 5 star service this place is. I loved the whole 3 days we was there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank will21607

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Prince Edward Island
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband, myself and our three daughters stayed at Dave's from December 24, 2012 to January 6, 2013. I had booked several months before and had looked forward to the stay. We were NOT disappointed in any way with our stay. The staff is amazing and so friendly! Always a smile and a 'hello' no matter what time of day. This is a small resort, two minutes off the beach in Station 3 on the Island. It was quiet, the rooms were basic but enough for us and the price was right. Boracay is such a relaxing place and Dave's is as well. As many have said, the mango pancakes were the best and more than enough for one. Our daughters are ages 19, 23 and 25 and did not mind the quiet at all. If they wanted more, they walked to Station 2 for the nightlife and to meet up with friends staying up there.

There were two small issues with our room, once with a light and once with the A/C but they were fixed immediately. I would recommend this little resort to anyone who does not mind being on the quiet end of the Island. Thanks to Jing, Lisa, Mona, Jessica, Janet.....and all the other staff whose names I cannot remember.

We hope to be back when we can stay longer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jelsinga
Boston
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Where do I begin? My husband and I just spent 12 wonderful, relaxing and amazing days at Dave's Straw Hat Inn in Boracay! We can't think or say anything negative about our time at Dave’s. This was our first time to Boracay and certainly not our last time at Dave’s Straw Hat Inn! I did a lot of research before booking and I am so happy that we decided on Dave's. After a very long trip from the United States, we were greeted with friendly smiles and a delicious cold mango ice tea! It hit the spot, refreshing and yummy! Dave’s is a comfortable, private, garden surrounded hideaway with a short 2 minute walk to the beautiful White Sands Beach in Station 3. We stayed in room 3 which is a deluxe room with air conditioning, ceiling fan, fridge and a TV with free HBO and free WiFi. It was immaculate and to top it off, we had our own little patio to enjoy! Our sheets and towels were changed daily and always smelled clean and fresh. Our bathroom was spotless and the shower was great! What more could you ask for? If you are looking for a safe, quiet, relaxing, great location near restaurants, bars and beach activities, this is the place to be! The staff are trustworthy, accommodating and friendly and you never saw them without a smile on their face! Dave’s staff will even arrange for a massage or beach excursion for you. If you feel like picking up a good book to read, the Inn offers a large selection of books to check out. Thank you so much Dave’s Straw Hat Inn for making our vacation the best time ever!

Room Tip: Room 3 is perfect. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom, plenty of closet space, air conditioning, ceilin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank luvinitBoston
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was not let down by TRIPADVISOR reviews. Before choosing Dave's I tried booking on those big names hotels. Unfortunately most of them were fully book. So I had to search and decide where else can we get a decent place to stay. I came across TRIPADVISOR reviews. After reading all the good comments about Dave's decided then, we cant go wrong with it :-)
Me and my husband very pleased with our clean and quiet room. Dave's location is what we need PEACEFUL :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ANIWILLIAMS
London
Reviewed January 19, 2013

After spending 3 months in the The Philippines we realised you pay for what you get. Basic means basic and after our last experience of basic in Guimaraes (see review) we did not care about the price. All we wanted was a spotless room with nice sheets and a good shower.

We got what we wanted! The place was spotless, the staff were lovely and its a short walk to THAT beach. Its quiet which is what we wanted and we would recommend anybody to stay there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PaulFarrugia
Novosibirsk, Russia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Dave’s Straw Hat Inn is very cordial hotel, no wonder that it has very high rating of sympathy. We were housed there as if we were the part of their family. Even the greeting on the whiteboard on the day of our arrival contains our family name and words “Welcome home!”
The cottages are for 2 guest families each, with veranda and beautiful garden surrounding. Rooms are not large, but have all facilities we wanted: hot shower, conditioner, fan, refrigerator, safety box, closet with hangers. For our 5-years old son were pulled out the addition bed, but after that the rest of place in the room was rather small :-) There is the curtain and the board in the shower, so there was no water on the floor.
The distance from the beach is about 2 minutes walk. There are many pleasant bars on the shore in this place and many boats, ready to amuse you.
The breakfast is not included in the price of the room but hotel has their own kitchen, so you can order meals by the menu for the additional money. We’ve done it and were quite satisfied with the taste.
One of the features of the hotel is the large library on many languages in the lobby. You can take book to read or change for another one.
When we leaved, the personnel took the common photo with us and they sent it to us with a warm letter. I think this hotel was one of the most warm hotel experiences in my life.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OlgaLi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Before staying at Dave's, I read multiple positive reviews about the place and its staff. Those were confirmed both before my arrival (during my interaction with the staff online and by phone) and during my stay. Dave's comes as advertised - a cozy, clean, and functional place with very nice and knowledgeable staff. Value for the money. It isn't a luxury resort, but that's not really Boracay (or at least that's not really Boracay to me). The food at Dave's is great - the pancakes deserve the praise heaped on them. The staff really is as helpful and polite as other's have indicated in their posts. The Station 3 beach it is near is perfect - not too crowded, but not too isolated either. There is a great beach bar (Shantal's) right there, where you can drink $1 beers all day and eat good food. It is also close to everything else in Station 2 or even Station 1 by foot or bike. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo