“Disappointed!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boracay
Boracay Gold Crowne Resort
Ranked #125 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Vancouver
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed June 26, 2007

Stayed here as part of PAL's Palakbayan package on May 26 to 28, 2007 and was utterly disappointed. The first room we got on the ground floor looked very dark and dirty . . . the bathroom window was broken too . . . so we asked for a transfer, we were transferred to the 2nd floor and it was only slightly better . . . the breakfast is ok and the staff is fairly helpful . . . if you're on a budget, maybe this would be an "ok" choice but am confident there are a lot better hotels on this beach with more value than the Gold Crowne can offer . . .

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple

Business
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
CA
Reviewed January 18, 2007

Stayed here Jan 10 - 12, 2007 as part of a 3-day stay package to Boracay. Rooms have ants, bedsheets / towels are thin and looks unclean, bathroom horrible, staff no help at all. We were charged us an extra $20.00 on checkout because we requested to stay in one of their cottages. The travel agent told us this was the type of room we were getting. Staff says no, cottages have "extra charge" and insisted that we pay additional $20.00!
We were not given a receipt. This is a scam. Do not stay at this horrible place!

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Hated It
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank jquinio

Travelers are raving about these Boracay hotels

Cavite City, Philippines
Reviewed December 27, 2006

I spent my Christmas in Boracay and stayed at the Boracay Gold Crowne Club. I can say that after reading all the reviews that I have read. It has way surpassed my expectations.
The hotel was clean, Hotel staffs and guards are friendly. The place is well-lighted .
The design of the place was spanish-villa inspired. Maybe others may perceive it as haunted due to the "blast from the past" feeling : )
Overall, I recommend that you stay in that place. Me and my buddy had a great time.
They just have to improve on the El Toro restaurant's comfort room.Keep it well lighted and ensure that it's clean at all times.

• Liked — It's beachfront!
  • Disliked — maybe the comfort room at El Toro restaurant
  • Tips/Secrets — book ahead of time!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ragnaroy69
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 23, 2006

Just one word to describe this hotel: "Haunted!!!".
This experience just took place recently when we went there. During daytime, the place looks normal. But when darkness falls, things are not seem to be. The place is very dark, you can smell the scent of flowers like those for funerals,in short the place looks very scary just like those seen in movies. My experience was when we went there, I suddenly felt a sudden chill down my spine but I thought it's just normal. So we stayed there for the first night pretending not to be afraid. The next day I had a terrible stomach ache but i thought it was just the food that we ate but it bacame worst that I will have to call a doctor for help which costs me P 2,000 pesos just for the medicine and it didn't helped. So I rested for a while but when we're ready to go out, I suddenly had fever, so I rested the whole day which ruined my entire vacation. So we decided to transfer to another hotel we were not comfortable with this hotel anymore but just as we transfered to another hotel, my stomach ache was gone and I felt ok already. Just then we were convinced that there was something terribly wrong with that place that drove us away.
Bottomline: Don't you dare go to this hotel if you don't want to experience what I had.

• Stayed March 2006
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Yilan, Taiwan
Reviewed December 26, 2005

We came for a holiday last Chinese New Year (2005). After a long day of flying we arrived to find that they had lost our reservation. They eventually put us in a filthy room backing onto the road. The noise from pedicabs and construction made us ask for a room change, which they did reluctantly. The bathroom barely had running water and the furniture was sparse and we had to share it with the cockroach family. After staying for 2 nights, we booked ourselves into the Regency even though we were supposed to stay there for the entire trip. Granted it was a package deal, but the few hundred dollars difference between Friday's and BCCG I would stay at Friday's.

Bottom line: This hotel is terrible.

• Stayed January 2005
16 Thank Taiwanon
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 21, 2005

it was the worst place!!!!! there were cockroaches! ewww!! its stinky!
SCARY coz we saw ghost there! a white lady! yikesss! dontgo here! food sucks too!

• Stayed September 2004
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2005

This hotel is bad, bad, bad. I'm happy that the beach is perfect, otherwise it would have been such a waste of time.

First of, there is the false advertising. Internet description said they had internet in all their rooms - NOT TRUE. Not a single room has internet. They don't even have a business center with internet. The nearest place you can go to check your email would be the internet cafe about 3 or 4 doors down.

Second, the rooms are OLD. Bathrooms leave much to be desired - there aren't even any shower curtains. Hallways are dark and old. Furniture is old as well, and not in a charming way. Curtains have holes in them.

Third, staff, while full of smiles, aren't very helpful. I asked them abou their false advertising and they wouldn't do anything. They are also very disorganized and are prone to overhcharging, so check your bills carefully. Might be a good idea to ask for a receipt everytime you give them money.

Fourth, airport transfers equal to little more than a guide who walks you through the airport. You ride the same boat as everyone else, and go through all the same things. You can do without this service, as all you will have to do is follow the crowd. He doesn't do anything beyond pointing you to the right direction.

Look elsewhere. There are a lot of cheaper hotels on the Island with MUCH better facilities/services.

• Stayed February 2005