“Average stay at Le Soleil de Boracay”

Le Soleil de Boracay
Ranked #30 of 147 Hotels in Boracay
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Average stay at Le Soleil de Boracay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Booked a family and stayed for 2 nights. Though the room is a bit old and dark, nevertheless it is clean. The bathroom is a bit small and the water pressure is not that strong.
We arrived around one o'clock and our room was still unavailable. The staff around that time was not very helpful. But overall it was a pleasant stay, food was okay and not that expensive especially the restaurant beside their pool. Service was prompt.
I will be returning to Boracay next May, but I will try to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank blu2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Warrnambool, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We area a family of 6 and stayed here for 6 nights. I have stayed in a lot of hotels usually opting for the 5 star ones but we chose Le Soleil because of the location and were extremely happy. I noticed an earlier march review mentioned the sewerage problem which was still going on during our visit. However the hotel was very clean, the staff cleaned the rooms everyday to an exceptional standard, the pool was kept free of leaves, while we were there we saw them v
Cleaning the paths and sun lounges with bleach. Everyone was so helpful. We had a 5 month old and when sitting on the beach in front of the hotel, it started to rain a little, I could have got up and moved under the sun umbrellas they supply but didn't need to because one of the security guards got another umberella and dug a hole to put it up directly over my baby and I. The downfall was the buffet breakfast. Even though it was included in our package we chose not to eat there again after the first morning.

Room Tip: We had room 122 and were happy with the ground floor location right behind the pool as there was no...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lionscrest
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

There are a number of good points about Le Soleil de Boracay that I would like to share to other travelers out there.

• Location – the location of the resort was superb! It was a few meters away from the beach and a stone’s throw away from D’Mall.
• Room – The Premier room was big enough to accommodate my family of four. It was right beside the swimming pool so it was perfect for my 6 year old boy who prefers swimming in the pool than in the beach.
• Staff – hotel staff were friendly and accommodating.
• Security – my favorite part of our stay in this resort was its tight security. The security personnel in the beach front are visible and very, very helpful. You can enjoy your stay without having to worry about your safety.

Overall, our stay in Le Soleil de Boracay was amazing. I would recommend this to families who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, choose the ones a farther from the beach front.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
pasig
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

this is my second time to stay in this hotel. i was happy the first time i stayed here but now, i was disappointed.

when we entered our room, there were at least 3 big flies flyong around our room.

i had room service, the burger had a strange taste, so we decided not to eat it. i complained but i think they did not care to listen to my complaint coz i never had an apology from the management.

the pool had too much chlorine. you can't open your eyes when you swim.

the only thing that was maintained was the dinner buffet. it was still good and worth it. the staff were still friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank japs1969
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

The summary of my worst hotel/resort stay in my 7 years of business travelling around the globe:
1) The resort is a 10 minutes walk from the nearest road and there was no potter to carry my luggage (0f 15kg) on arrival. Hence I got to carry my heavy bag as I can't drag them on sand.

2) The room is out-dated, lack of maintenance and old. Their so-called premium deluxe room is at the extreme end of the facility. It has got no balcony, but just a window which cannot be opened. All you see is the back retaining wall which is just 2 feet away from your window.

3) The room is full of mosquitoes.

4) Internet connection is close to non-existence. Certainly no in-room internet connection. The so called free wifi internet at the lobby is either weak or cannot be connected.

5) The basic coffee/tea making facility and 2 bottles of drinking water which is part of the booking was not given. I got to request everyday for them to deliver it.

6) No ironing board and iron in the room. Instead, i got to pay them to iron my shirts.

7) The breakfast selection is pathetic.

The only plus point is the location which is in the middle of action.

Room Tip: When travelling to Boracay, go for the top range hotels/resorts if the comfort of the stay is import...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank EricPhua
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel was okay, it was in the heart of Boracay beach but it was not favorite hotel. I found that the staff were really slow in getting drinks or towels for you on the beach. I waited for service so many times that i started to serve myself when ever i needed something. We stayed in the back area of the hotel which is the suite with the balcony -way worth it. We had friends staying in the other one and they looked really shi**y. Over all this was simply you get what you pay for. If you are wanting to spend more time on the beach and hanging around the market and Dmall area then you should stay here as its defiantly more economical if you are on a budget.

Do not stain the sheets or towels they will charge you $25 american for just a towel if you get any ink like Henna/tattoo parlors.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ElectricAJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went to boracay for our annual team planning. We stayed for 4 days. September 17-20'2012

The positives:

1. The location was the best it is right smack in the middle of the island. Beach front and walking distance to most of everything you need. Resturants, water activities and the beautiful beach!
2. The food. I've heard that le soleil is one of the best places to eat and it lives up to it's name. They have really great food for their buffet both breakfast and dinner!
3. Service is amazing. Very accomodating staff from reservation to front desk to room service to waiters. They were kind accomodating and well trained. They even picked us up in the hotel we transfered too after our conference without any additional charge.
4. Value for money is 87%
5. Informed us ahead of time that the pool was under repair and provided an alternitive pool in a nearby hotel (40 steps away)

The negatives:
1. Bed is kind of hard but acceptable.
2. Toilets were small.
3. Pick up staff was not as welcoming as the rest of their staff.
4. Noisy outside room. Since we were near the pool area, we heard the hammer working in the morning.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again and reffer it to my friends.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business