Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
The Real Deal

Great training for all levels of MMA or just getting fit. Coach's are all professional EX and... read more

Reviewed February 26, 2020
X1508GEtim
via mobile
Island class 👌👌👌

Great trainers and staff here. Highly recommended for interested fitness driven people and people... read more

Reviewed January 24, 2020
E1733LRphilipc
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Panay Island
from $27.25
from $80.00
from $42.17
More Info
All reviews great training trainers mma boxing classes fighter techniques skills jiu teacher island vibe
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been at legacy for the past month. Boracay is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever visited. The island is definitely more convenient than Phuket and about the same price. Diniwid beach is pretty secluded and a great place to relax in-between classes. There are tons of bars and restaurants on the island and the nightlife is too much fun!

The gym itself is a bit small and is a work-in-progress(one ring, one cage, about 12 bags), but it has everything you need to get a great workout. The scheduled classes weren't always held (no wrestling while I was here, and only 3 BJJ classes, 1 kickboxing class, and 1 MMA class), but there was always boxing and strength/conditioning. The strength/conditioning classes were held on white beach and were tough. It was great to train on the beach and go for a swim afterwards.

The filipino trainers and Richie made the trip. They were some of the best that i have ever had; patient, focused, funny, and very friendly. There weren't many people here this month so we all got a lot of attention from the trainers; 3 people the first week, about 7 people for 2 weeks after that, and 3 people this week.

If you are coming to Legacy just to train the rooms are ok, but if you plan on going out to enjoy the nightlife or want to be comfortable I would suggest finding a place to sleep away from the gym. The rooms are pretty rustic and a bit overpriced; no kitchen, no a/c, no fan for the first few nights, bathrooms and common areas can be a bit dirty at times, no TVs, lots of ants, no real privacy because the building is made out of bamboo and sways a bit when someone moves around. You can find a concrete room with wifi, tv, a/c, a clean bathroom and possibly a kitchen for 15,000-20,000 pesos.

All in all, I was happy with the training and especially the trainers. I met a lot of great guys and girls and had an amazing time. I would definitely come back to train in paradise, I would just stay somewhere a little more comfortable and private.

Date of experience: August 2013
3  Thank LivingTheLaowaiLife
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good equipped , professional service ,good location , clean and well organized , easy to find and accessible

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've been traveling Asia for 3 years now and the beer and full moon parties have started to catch up. I decided it was time to go to a gym. Legacy Gym was perfect for me!

First, the accommodations. This is what got me to sign up in the first place. EVERYTHING in Boracay is expensive compared to the rest of my backpacking travels. Legacy Gym's accommodations were by far the cheapest I could find. And they were beautiful. Natural bamboo furniture, ecofriendly accommodations, and an amazing view. For me, the best part about the accommodations was the fact that it felt like I was living in a tree house. It was so fun! I did my research and there was nothing nearly as cheap as Legacy Gym on the Island, even without factoring in the amazing training.

Now, the training. Personally, I hate gyms and I find them very intimidating. However, when you are living at one, its not nearly as scary! And the trainers are so great and nice and they take an invested interest in you. Honestly, they treated me so well, and I got in such great shape, even though I had no experience. And its was a whole new world for me. I was training along side fighters that fight professionally, and I didn't even know it! They were giving me tips and everything and then a few days later I would find out they were champions and that their fights are televised, and other random impressive things that I was unaware of.

I was the only woman at the gym, and for all the female travels out there that have the same safety guard up while travel as I do, no need to be concerned. I was nervous at first, thought it would be weird and a bit too macho for my liking. Yes, it is a fighting gym and it is very macho surrounding, but I can say with complete certainty, the entire time you will be there you will be treated with the utmost respect, while they train with the same level of dedication as everyone else at that gym.

I signed up for 1 week and I ended up cancelling all other plans and every flight I was able to cancel so I could stay for 3. I would've stayed longer, but I couldn't cancel the last flight.
I trained twice a day, got in great shape,and felt proud about myself and how much I had accomplish. I was able to afford to live on one of the worst most beautiful beaches for 3 weeks, without its partying ways take over my life ( except on Saturday, Sunday is a day off training.) I became friends with the trainers and staff, listened to their stories about growing up in the Philippines, and overall got an authentic experience in the most tourist spots in Asia.

Obviously if you are into fighting you will like the gym...hello!? Its BORACAY! But if you're anything like me, a random backpacker who is open to trying new and exciting things along your trip while hopefully working off some of that beer belly you have gained, seriously just sign up for a week and I bet you will end up staying longer than planned like I did.

Date of experience: June 2013
6  Thank Justrunningaway
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at Legacy gym from April through June, it was absolutely wonderful. I stayed at the gym and conveniently could wake up (to a beautiful view ) and walk right downstairs and knock out the first class of the day. The gym is close enough to the hot spots in Boracay to walk to them, but far enough to be away from the crowds and the noise to really relax. I absolutely love this place, I'll be returning soon.

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've just spent the last 3 weeks training/relaxing at Legacy Boracay I really enjoyed my time here, Boracay has everything one could want.
Five minutes from the gym is Diniwid beach white sand and crystal clear water, this links onto the main beach White sands which offers plenty of restaurants during the day and some great bars at night if you want.
Whilst at the gym I focused mainly on the boxing I had done some boxing before but was amazed at how much I learned. The professional Filipino boxing instructors speak perfect English and were really keen to help me learn.
Had a great time here and for the price it really can't be beaten the rooms including training are cheaper than anything else on the island.

Date of experience: June 2013