“A Breeze of Nature”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Londoner...
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Close to the beach but disappointing overall! ”
Reviewed April 15, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We were met by Mimi at Cagban Ferry Port after making our way from Caticlan Airport by boat, our flight was unfortunately delayed by an hour.
We did advise the owner via sms text message as soon as we could (due to being held on the aircraft) but it seems that this message never got through to Mimi so we were told by her that she had been waiting a long time for us.
Anyway, we jumped in an E-buggy/trike with Mimi and headed for the apartment which is about a 20 minute ride away.
When we arrived I was surprised that we had to pay for the transfer journey as I was under the impression from the listing information that this was to be included, however, Mimi did not assist us with this. We paid 250 pesos (about £4.00 uk) one way ourselves. I would suggest you ask this in advance of your visit. Make sure you have smaller notes/coins too for the trikes as some drivers do struggle with change.

Mimi took us to the apartment via a number of stairs, the apartment is up very high and not recommend at all for anyone with walking or breathing difficulties. It was a lot further up the hill, via a few windy paths, than I had originally imagined. With heavy bags you are looking at a 7-10 minute walk, quicker if no bags.
Mimi did offer to carry a few of our bags but as she was quite small and our bags extremely heavy, we declined.

The apartment is in Diniwid, about a 5 minute walk to the beach, once on the lower ground, after all the steps from the apartment.
It is located next to a lot of other dwellings, not just rental apartments but those of local residents. These included a few small holdings that kept chickens and other animals. From the description, we thought that it would be a really quiet location. There was loud music played from early in the mornings. Also, the cockerels tended to crow a lot during the day but especially around 3am in the morning. We are not big party people, so this did wake us up. If you are coming home in the early hours though this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

When we arrived at the apartment, it was very hot as there is no air conditioning. There were two free standing fans though (note, these are very noisy, especially at night) which were not switched on, obviously this was energy saving which is understandable.

We were offered some bottled water by Mimi on arrival as she could see that we were very hot.
Note, the listing states a fully stocked fridge of beverages. Please be aware that this is not the case.
While it wasn't an issue for us because we planned to buy our own drinks, some may be expecting a minibar type affair which it is not.
There is one ice tray also which you can use bottled water to set up or as we did, buy some bags of ice.

First impressions were that the apartment was not very clean. I really like to cook (maybe not so much on holiday) but the kitchen was not one I would use, even just for some toast or croissants. The hob was dirty, the work surfaces and tables looked like they had not been cleaned properly. This was disappointing.

There were some dark marks on the floor of the main living room, which I later discovered belonged to geckos (they drop their faeces wherever they happen to be in the apartment). I think an even better reason to avoid the kitchen unless you want to take on the heavy duty cleaning.
We had no problem with the geckos at all apart from the droppings, as they don't really bother you, just making an occasional noise here or there.

The apartment has two good size sofas and a coffee table.
I think there is a small tv on top of a shelve in the kitchen, we never investigated this fully as we used the apartment mainly just for showering and sleeping.

There are a number of charging points and wifi (the wifi is a dongle SIM card affair). The wifi is hit and miss, sometimes working fast and others not at all, so don't expect fast download speeds here, after all it is an island.

There is a safe in the room too, I would use it for any important documents and jewellery.

The bed is double sized with a mosquito net over the top, which generally kept the mosquitos out.

Shower is quite good and powerful. However, the shower has ants coming in and out (no issue for us as they did no harm. However, the shower area collects a lot of dirt, including what I can only describe as lots of tiny black balls/fragments. Strange, I know but they appeared every day, even after the apartment was cleaned. I have no idea what they were but I had to clean down the sides every time I wanted to wash.

Overall, if you are looking for a peaceful retreat, I would say this is not it.
Don't get me wrong, its location in Diniwid is nicer and far less noisier than staying right on White beach but I think the quality/cleanliness would be much better elsewhere.
We kind of regretted not spending a little more money to stay somewhere nicer.
While I loved Boracay, I did not love this apartment and so would not stay here again.

I would suggest that you investigate Puka Beach when visiting Boracay, which should cost you around 150 pesos in a trike. We found this far less touristy than everywhere else with some lovely independent businesses.

Changsha
Reviewed May 29, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing