“Amazing diving”

DiveGurus Boracay Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 229 Boracay B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Dive Gurus was recommended to me by friends and it was the perfect choice of a dive school. Friendly staff, excellent dive instructors and good equipment not to mention the open invite to "sunset beers". Special thanks to Chris for making my dives unforgettable.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Was referred here by the staff of the nearby resort I was staying in. From the first contact, was very impressed by the hospitality of the people in Dive Gurus. Unlike in many, more industrial-type of dive shops, had the sense that they - Chris and Rainier & co. had the attitude of doing their best to make my diving dreams come true - not just offering "the standard packages".

Small things make a big difference: free coffee before and after the dives, towels provided etc. And the service attitude: when asked if I can dive a specific site the next morning even if it was not in the regular schedule, the answer was always "yes". Guess I was 'lucky' since the high season was not on yet but still, a great five star experience. Felt like a king, did not even have to care about the gear at all other than getting myself and the weight belt in and out the boat. Their boats were never stuffed full of divers which is something I value highly.

For all the 5 fun dives I did, I cannot remember (or even imagine) a more pleasant diving experience than the ones I had. Recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Visited Boracay late november and booked my friend and I into 'Discover scuba". Visibility is great and aquatic life is rich. I enjoyed myself so much that I decided to sign up for the Open Water Course. Chris is very warm and friendly and was willing to take me in as a student despite only having 1 in the group. instructor: student ratio of 1:1! I enjoyed my dives and am looking forward to more underwater adventures. The rest of the staff is very helpful as well. Always ready with smiles and willingness to meet our every need. Thank you Dive Gurus.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We dived with Dive Gurus in mid November 2013 and I was very impressed by the dive shop. I would recommend it. The price for diving is set across all the dive shops, so pick your dive shop based on quality and staff. The dive shop is a smaller set up with very good ratios of DM and Instructors to students/fun divers. The equipment is good and well serviced.

A number of the other dive shops on the island have a "factory" type feel to them. Loading up boats with heaps of divers and churning through certifications. Dive Guru had some nice small touches; free tea and coffee and being offered a fresh towel after a dive.

I've dived all around Asia and I'm a Dive Master myself and I was impressed by the operation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dm_obrien
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We dove with Chris from Dive Gurus and it was so much fun! The entire staff was very professional, extremely warm and totally hospitable. The facilities were clean and the equipment was well maintained. Chris was great, knowledgable and an excellent instructor/guide. We're definitely going back for more dives!

You won't find clearer water anywhere!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Me, my sister, and my father went to Boracay. Me and my sister wanted to take Scuba diving, the first thing we heard was: okay, do you want to start right now? Our dive intructor Jojo, was really calm and nice. He was also very patient, he were very flexable to what we wanted and in our pace. For the hotel, the staff was so nice and friendly, with great service. Good English. They had a nice view for eating breakfast which was really nice, their fresh banana juice is amazing! I actually forgot something in the lobby and they took care of it and gave it back. This is probably the best hotel I've been to, and it's something i would recommend for everyone. The resort has a great location, it's in station 3, station 1 and 2 is more party, drinking and clubs, while station 3 and 4 is rather calm, with nice resturants. It's great if you want to get away from the hectic, or if you prefer something more calm. It's a clean hotel and they clean up everything for you everyday, unless you prefer not to have them. Rooms have safe and aircondtion that will make you freeze if you like the cold in the night. All in all, we chose the best resort.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaja Helene F
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had a great experience with DiveGurus starting from my first email to book the room all the way through checkout. The room was standard for a non-luxury resort. It was very clean and they provided all the amenities I needed. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful in every way. All smiles all the time! Started each morning with a delicious breakfast and a coffee or fresh fruit juice.

I primarily went to Boracay to dive, so this place was perfect for me. The dive instructors and dive masters were all extremely friendly and helpful - special thanks to Nanie, Chris and Jojo! I ended up doing 4 dives with my favorite one being Camia II. After each dive we came back to the resort and were provided coffee/tea which was a nice surprise.

I just can't say enough good things about my experience with DiveGurus.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor and it got a little noisy in the mornings. Perfect if you are getting up f...