“Good food, but average service”

I Love Backyard BBQ
Ranked #65 of 337 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: Sushi, Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife's and my first meal in Boracay.

The staff wouldn't let us sit inside the restaurant. We ordered a mushroom garlic chicken, mushroom garlic steak and a beaker of lemon and lime juice. The bottom of the glass broke when i started pouring the juice into it (and no, i'm no superman), spilling onto the table and my wife. Some staff gave us disapproving looks (what? It's my fault that i was given a lousy quality or overused glass?) and one even chastised us. We decided to change our seats to the wooden tables inside the restaurant.

The food was great. Both of us love the garlic rice. The chicken was excellent though my steak was rather tough. Did i mention that the juice was fantastic beside the fiasco? Yes it is! The meal came up to 715 pesos and the prices already have taxes included.

During our dinner we overheard staff telling guests that the restaurant is full (actually only the ground floor is, they have a second floor) and they kept telling guests to come back 30 mins or 1 hr later. From our observation that didn't seem right. Seats were available every 15-20 minutes or so. Only one staff mention there are seats upstairs.

I wouldn't come back. Not even for the great garlic rice, unless their service attitude improves.

4  Thank Andy_LMJ

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Try their bestseller: baby back ribs for Php305. The serving is BIG that two people can share it. Also try their house drinks.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Came here with 10 friends, had to make reservations because they're packed in the evenings for dinner. We loved it so much we came back a second night. The Hawaiian baby back ribs were the much loved favourite of our group, along with the pork belly.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Juicy pulled pork, perfectly grilled kielbasa, lip-smackingly delicious spareribs. If you love pork, this one's a must-visit. Order the Heart Attack platter, an all-meat bonanza that will surely make your belly happy!

Service is fast and staff are friendly. Extremely popular among tour guides so this place is almost always packed.during peak hours. Book a table ahead of time if you must come at noon or around 7pm. Otherwise, drop by sometime 10am or 2pm when you can actually choose a good spot.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were attracted by the crowd and the humurous paraphernalia in the restaurant, but it was really lacklustre except for the delicious grilled shrimps. The burger was too sweet and lacking in moisture, and the grilled chicken was close to being tasteless. Not totally disappointed, but will give it a miss next time.