“Great experience”
Review of Ocean Republic

Ocean Republic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Asia's 1st IKO kiteboarding center and the center where kite lessons professionalism was brought to Asia. Attention to safety and its position on the lagoon make it the no1 kite center on Bulabog Beach. Not full of flags and bling, but the real thing. Easiest kites to fly on Boracay for the fastest learning. Excellent selection of the latest equipment and a selection of premium brands retail make this the 1 stop kite shop on Boracay. Slingshot, Future, Nobile, LiP, Mystic, Prolimit + other premium brands.
Maui, Hawaii
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We spent February 2013 in Boracay, and our main goal was to spend as much time as possible kitesuring. In addition to being a great place to hangout we were thrilled with the services offered at Ocean Repubic. We were able to store our gear there and had the use of their compressor, facilities and kite caddies. The kite caddies were wonderful, the beach can be very slim at high tide, and the breeze blows onshore so I was a bit nervous launching and landing, but they were always there to help out and keep me safe.
Glen is a great guy, and he really took care of us the entire time. I feel that he has a much more professional approach to his shop compared to some others on the beach who seem to strive for the cooler image, but not necessarily the emphasis on safety.
On top of that, the bathroom was always clean and stocked with toilet paper, something I do not take for granted after spending lots of time in the third world.
I'm hoping we'll be lucky enough to get back to Ocean Republic someday soon.

Visited February 2013

Sydney, Australia
“lazy Kitesurfer finds the easy life”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

So my wife and i stayed with Glen and the team at Ocean Republic for 3 weeks in the early part of 2013. We both kite and have been lucky enough to have many kite holidays.

Let me start by saying that the Kite spot in Boracay is busy. we were there for the busiest 3 weeks of the year and to be honest at time getting out past the learners and beginners can be challenging. people kite in the Philippines like the locals drive, no one gives way or looks around before they turn - hopefully this is not the future of the sport.

On our first day with Ocean Republic Glen was not around as we turned up very early, keen to get on the water, The team at Ocean Republic pumped up our kites and ran our lines and we were on the water as soon as our fins were screwed on! Perfect.

Glen then introduced us to the facilities later that afternoon - he also gave us a safety briefing for launching, as the palm trees overhang the small beach and launching could be dangerous if safety protocols are not followed. I felt that this approach was very helpful and for anyone who wants to learn the sport in the correct manner, i suggest you book lessons at Ocean Republic as the instructors are all highly safety conscious and do not cut corners in their teaching.

I mentioned earlier that on the water at Bulabog can be a stressful experience, however if you launch from Ocean Republic, you are already upwind from 99% of all the other kites on the water.

in summary the team at Ocean Republic were great, super helpful and on a daily basis my kite was set up and packed down without my assistance thanks to the helpful beach crew!

Visited January 2013
UK
“Professional kitesurfing approach”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked a kitesurfing course for 2 people when in Boracay. Glen was very helpful in arranging this. Everything from the course structure and flexibility, to the high standard of equipment (boards, kites and clothing), the instruction and the importance placed on safety led to a very fun, safe and thoroughly enjoyable expereince. Thank you to Zuzzanah and Glen for a great experience.

Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Excellent kitesurfing school and club”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We spent a bit more than a month from december to mid-january at Ocean Republic. For one month and 1 week, Ocean Republic has been the place where we were all day every days.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone either for learning kite surf or store your kite during your holiday in Boracay.

We were able to buy from Glen (Ocean Republic) brand new kites and second hand board (Slingshot and Nobile), and the advice you could get from anyone were really helpful on what to buy, and especially how to progress on kitesurfing.

The service they offer in term of storage is excellent with a team of beach boys here all time from 7am to 6pm to assist you with, inflating your kite, launching, landing your kite, but as well giving you advice on what you are doing wrong.

There is shower for you and your kite and gears, free coffee, an observation deck from where you can relax and enjoy Boracay Bulabog kitesurf spectacle.
Ocean Republic is quite well located on the North Side of Bulabog beach which is less busy than the south side. When the wind is north/north east orientated, most of the other kite surf are "pushed" to the south side of the beach which makes it easier for beginners to get out on the water.

On a last note, Ocean Republic denotes itself from other clubs on Bulabog beach by being very professional (staffs, manager and instructors all part of IKO), not as very busy as other places which makes the atmosphere very familiar and friendly (after hours beers session).

The only negative points are there is no WIFI and no fridge to keep your beers cold.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank popov66
San Francisco, California
“Amazing kite vacation!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had one of our best kite vacation with Ocean Republic in Boracay.

Kite Spot- Wind was great. Kited every day. We were there at the end of November. I guess we were lucky. Launching and landing can be quite tricky, since there are many beginners just standing there and experts showing off their tricks. But once you get out a little away from the beach towards reef there are much more room. Good thing about Ocean republic is that almost at the end of the beach so it is much less crowded than other kite centers.

Kite center - Clean and very well managed/organized. Glen gave me very good tip even though I wasn't taking lesson. and the kite storage/kite service is very reasonable and definitely made our vacation into amazing one. I have never been to anywhere like Ocean Republic! the state of art kite service at the beach. :-D

Beach staff and the kite service - Clyde and Totoy was amazing. We felt so pampered! The moment we walk into the kite shop, they start preparing your kite (pump and rig). Even before I get into my harness, I see the beach staff waiting for me everything ready to go. They helped me launch, land, relaunch, untangle lines. They were there all the time. All I needed was just walk into the center, get into my harness and enjoy the ride. And save 20 min of getting ready each time! We would definitely go back to Ocean Republic if we visit Boracay again :-)

Oh, there is this very compfy sofa in the beach deck, where you can rest, take a nap, watch kiters and/or socialize. Enjoy Boracay :-)

Visited November 2012