Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Yapak Beach (Puka Shell Beach)
from $26.08
More Info
from $60.00
More Info
2,713 results
All reviews island hopping white sand tricycle ride vendors selling much quieter peace and quiet clear water boracay island shells waves beach station pesos jewelry stalls sea sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

White sand and very clean. You can lay on the sand or swim. They also have souvenier airea and food.

1  Thank 955josiec
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Headed for a private tour; snorkelling and Puka Shell Beach. Quiet place where you really can relax.

Reviewed February 12, 2019

Having designed and built a few hotels and resorts on Boracay from 2004-2006, it could be said that I have the familiarity of a local with regards to the touristy spots in Bora. I've been to Boracay more than 20 times and stayed in most of the older hotels on the island before emigrating to Singapore in 2007. The last time I had visited Boracay was in 2013, before the closure. At that time I found it extremely crowded and headed towards an unsustainable pace of development. I was greatly in favor of the 6 month closure as it was an opportunity to recharge the island's extremely strained ecosystem. As such I was quite curious to see how the closure had affected this island which holds a special place in my heart.

I came with my whole family this time so we stayed at the usual hotel sites conveniently located in the center of White Beach. But each day in our 4 day stay I resolved to use the early morning hours of 6 - 8 am to explore parts of the island I hadn't previously seen (in my opinion the best time to get out and enjoy the beautiful Boracay beaches anyway, before the crowds).

One bright sunny Friday my wife and I made a slow and very scenic run up from White Beach to Diniwid Beach (which is another review and definitely worth it) at the northern end of Diniwid Beach, where you could once run across the beach and cut through the various cliffside resorts all the way to Puka Shell beach, we found that the way had been blocked due to closure of the Spider House resort (which was apparently built on 'ancestral land' hence the closure). So we went back across the beach, through an interior road and caught an electric trike all the way to Puka Beach. The ride took around 20minutes. At the short length of road leading up to the beach, there were quaint stores selling shell-based souvenirs and small eateries, and a cool welcome sign.
The beach itself was bigger than I expected. It is probably almost as long as the entire station 1 - 2, but not as wide. The sand was not as powdery as the famous White Beach but makes up for it by having a lot of the Puka Shell fragments that give the beach its name. The waves and wind was also stronger than the White beach counterpart. As it is north-northwest facing, it was not as hot as White Beach and I'm pretty sure the sunsets would be amazing.

Arriving in the early morning, there were a lot of natives going around cleaning the beach. It was already quite clean anyway but people still went around picking up whatever trash could be found. Some were also collecting shells probably for the handicraft production which is part of their livelihood. At the easternmost part of the beach, near the entry road, there stood a monstrous abandoned hotel maybe 75% done. Although I'm glad its stopped construction, the shell really ruins the provincial vibe.

Overall this beach is beautiful, less crowded and still relatively unspoiled. Worth a visit and spending your early mornings or afternoons here.

Reviewed February 12, 2019

It was a nice beach, the only trouble was that the waves where way too dangers. It was not safe to go out above your waist. This could have been due to a typhoon that was a few miles away from the island. This may have made the wave rougher then usually.
But since I only went this one time. I am not sure if other days it might have been quieter.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

Visited this beach as part of island hopping .. very nice beach .. clean water and beautiful place.. sand is not that soft but this is amazing beach to spend time ..definitely recommended ..