“Beach front hotel”

Ranked #14 of 217 Boracay B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Beach front hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

My gf and I stayed at this hotel for only 2 nights in April 2012. But I have to say it was a good choice to stay there compared to our last hotel which wasn't beach front. Please bear with me, this will be a long review but I would like to be detailed about it so you can get a good idea what you will get! :-)

I'll talk about the location and surrounding area first. This hotel is situated in Station 1, almost at the far end of the beach. It is almost opposite to Willy's Rock which makes the view spectactular. During high tide the waters do come up to the steps going up to the hotel, so don't be wearing your best shoes during this time! :-). The water in front of the hotel isn't the best place to go swimming. It has a lot of seaweed so the water is litterally green. Actually kinda nice to look at in someway but not to swim. Do not fear as clear water is only 30 seconds to the right of the hotel looking at the sea. The sea area here is slightly rocky and can be a tiny bit painful when walking into the water. But it's worth it to swim in a quieter part of White Beach.

Moving on to the hotel. The hotel looks great from the outside. Very serene and beautiful. The restaurant overlooks the beach and sea so when having breakfast there in the morning it's a great view to see. Oh and breakfast was included free with our booking from 6am - 10am. The receptionists were polite and accomodating. We were a little early for our check in time so they got a porter to store our luggage away while we waited. They also gave my gf and I a free welcome drink each which was a small glass of mango juice, which was very nice. We waited sitting at a table in their restaurant. The great thing is they don't mind you sitting there for a short while even if you don't order anything from them. Which is exactly how I expected it should be for hotel guests.

Before we checked in we were warned by the receptionist that our room has some complaints before from other Chinese guests. I realised what they mean when I went to the first floor, the entrance to the hotel room overlooks the mainroad at the back. However once we were inside we couldn't really hear the noise much at all and I'm quite a light sleeper! We stayed in room 207 which is a deluxe room. The room has a large blacony with 2 chairs and a table. Also a rack for you to dry your clothes on. The sliding glass doors were great if you wanted the view without the heat. Speaking of the view it was great! It was far enough away from the beach to have some privacy, but close enough for us to see the beautiful beach, tress and sea.

We asked for a room with one double bed. On closer inspection I realised that it was just 2 single beds pushed together. But no real problem because it didn't come apart and it was very comfortable to sleep on. The aircon is the new type so was very quiet. They have a flat screen tv with lots of channels, but not really a big deal when you have such a beautiful beach! The room has a small refrigerator packed with the usual mini bar goodies. However I should warn that the drinks inside you will get charged and they cost a lot more than if you buy from a local convenience store. As you come in the room there is a sliding mirrored wardrobe with a combination safe inside which was great. Plenty of room to put all my stuff and keep our belongings safe. The room needed repainting in some areas but not enough to ruin anything.

Now the bathroom is where I felt the hotel has let itself down. They do give you complimentary toothbrushes, soap, towels etc. However it does need updating. There were holes in the wall where I think they must have drilled for towel railings before. The shower unit was slightly dirty and looked old but the shower head was huge which made for a nice shower. There is hot water but it took me some time to figure out how the shower worked because it has a few settings. You will know what I mean if you stay here. The one big thing that I hated about the bathroom was that the toilet is inside the same area where the shower is. I guess this may not be a big deal to some people but I am not used to having the toilet in exactly the same area where I shower. I find it dirty and uncomfortable. This was probably my only big issue.

Back to the beach again. Well the hotel gives you a token which you give to the receptionist in order to get your free beach towels. You get the token back when you return the towel. Obivously this is great as you don't have to get your own towels dirty. In front of the hotel they have their own beach loungers for guests only with 2 huge umbrellas to keep you cool. When I was there they had 8 loungers out in total. I was there most times when it got too hot to handle so was great. There didn't seem to be many people using the loungers at the time. I mentioned before that the tide would come up very close to the hotel. Well this means that people would have to walk past you and the lounger and they would be very close!. It gets very busy on that stretch during high tide so it can get a little bit annoying with all the people being really close to you. But minor problem.

So to finish we had a very good experience with Willy's hotel. The staff were great, the room was very good with a great view. The location is perfect for those who don't want to be in Station 2 where it can get really noisy at the night with the bars, restaurants and clubs playing music. You are only 5 - 10 mins walk from the nightlife or 15 mins walk to D'Mall. You can also take the many tricycles in the street behind. You do pay more to be at this location but it's worth it! We hope to be back again soon! :-)

Room Tip: Definitely ask for higher floor for the view!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank taichiky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Great location - right next to the beach facing willys rock. In station one so more peaceful.

Breakfasts also good and service is pleasant (though not efficient at times-it's boracay I guess). The staff were very accommodating for our group which had a lot of people coming and going and a few random day time stayers.

Room was mediocre for the price and compared to the website photos. The fixtures in the room were a tad old and some things like towel railings were broken (again this seems to be typical boracay). Our room was on the Gf and so the outdoor area just outside wasn't very private. Wifi and hot water also didn't seem to work all the time.

Despite all the negatives however, I would stay here again if I'm on the same budget.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Edoflyer
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

It's my fourth time in Willy's and still the place hasn't disappointed us. My friends and I have been staying here since we started our yearly beach outing, and Willy's always takes care of us.

Highlights of this trip:

Greatly improved restaurant menu - Willy's buffet breakfast is always filling, but this trip, we found they have added additional delights: pasta dishes, home-made hot chocolate, and an omelette station each morning. For the set meals, they have also added vegetarian dishes and ice cream!

Better Wifi signal - The whole dining area is wifi-enabled, including the first level rooms. The signal even reaches part of the beach front where they settle the lounge chairs.

New staff, same service - They have the same senior staff managing the place, but some new and younger staff members seemed to have joined since my last stay 6 months ago. Nevertheless, the focus on service didn't seem to have been lost. The newer crews are as nice and friendly and the tenured ones. What's nice is that if you have a question, no one ever answers you with "I don't know", or "I'm not sure". They immediately call for someone else to assist you properly, like giving out the much-needed wifi signal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the first level. The hotel is beach front, a first level room means getting to the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank candysg25
Ayase-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

It was last January 2012 when i emailed Miss Ching of Willy's regarding their wedding package. I planned on having a small, intimate, beachfront wedding on March 2012. With the limited communications due to distance, coupled with the limited time planning (only more or less three months), add to that is the time crunch travelling to the island on the same day of the wedding, Willy's never failed me and my husband and our 13 person entourage. We arrived 2pm on the day of the wedding and the time they set for the wedding is at 4pm. Thankfully, the staff and the make up artists all waited for me and my group to arrive. The show must indeed go on. Willy's staff embodied this saying with so much passion, they took my breath away. When i walked down the aisle, i wanted to cry not only because i am finally marrying the man i love in front of our families, not only because half of Boracay population was there witnessing our wedding, not only because i looked back to how we travelled all the way from Japan for this, but also because Willy's gave us exactly the wedding we wanted. Thank you Miss Ching and Miss Samantha for sticking with me thru all the last minute changes (you know what i mean) and for never giving up on us. The next day, even random guests came up to us to congratulate us and express their admiration for the event! Our two nights and three days stay was blissful and we really felt at home and pampered from the moment we stepped on Willy's up to the moment we had to leave.

If you want a beautiful Boracay wedding, Willy's will give you just the wedding you want, not the wedding anyone else wants, but what you really want. Because they make you feel important and valuable and their top priority.

If you want a blissful stay in Boracay, go book with Willy's. You wont regret it.

God bless Willy's!

Room Tip: choose the honeymoon suite. it is very spacious and has a jacuzzi and an equally big bathroom and a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tara Tonette G
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We paid way too much for what it is. The staff were friendly. The breakfast is just ok. We didn't eat there the whole trip. The location is great but the beach had so much green algae that u had to wade through a lot just to get the clearer parts. The sand could have been a white beach of it wasn't covered in green stuff.
I didn't really like the jacuzzi tub in our room with brown putty covering cracks and holes. Remember we are almost paying $200 us dollars a night. I would have been happier if it was a bit cheaper.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Lauren D
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here from February 17 to February 19 for my wife's birthday. Cebu Pacific cancelled our Caticlan flight and was diverted to Kalibo. We arrived at the hotel at 5PM

1.) Booked this hotel through MyBoracayGuide
2.) Refreshments were served after arrival. Checkin was a breeze. Showed them the MyBoracayGuide voucher and we were escorted to the room. Their website is not updated with the newest room pictures. They now have a flat screen LCD TV for the deluxe room
3.) Our room, Room 209, had excellent beach view. There is no electric kettle as advertised on their website for the deluxe room. Also, the safety deposit box was not working during our entire stay
4.) Hot and cold shower for the bathrooms. Water pressure is excellent and we never had a problem taking a bath
5.) Service is good. They would be happy to assist you in any way they can. It may take some time but they get it done
6.) Buffet breakfast is nice. Typical Filipino breakfast
7.) Food prices are exorbitantly expensive. We had lunch at Willy's on our 2nd day and our bill amounted to over 1k. Walk to Station 2 for your lunch

Overall, we had a good vacation at Willy's. We are planning to stay at Willy's for our August Boracay vacation

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

the hotel and staff were very nice. The rooms above the kitchen get a nasty wiff when the bathroom fan goes on. Great location, great beach and the transportation was excellent!!!

Room Tip: Second floor, facing the ocean away from the kitchen.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends