I stayed at LA RESERVE during 5 nights, at the end of December 2011 and spent New Year's Eve there. I really fell in love with Boracay and with White Beach, but really not that much with the hotel itself.
Let's start with the good things:
* The Location is the best. La Reserve is in the best spot of White Beach and the beach is just a few meters away from your room. This is a must.
* The Breakfast and food are also quite good. Even if it's also true for most places in Boracay.
The bad things:
* The staff doesn't seem to do much when the hotel owners are not there:
No greeting in the morning.... no smiles.... no service at ALL on the beach side.... I have never seen that in the Philippines, where service is usually at the top.
The only staff really professional was the security people in my opinion. Always ready to help.
* The Room we got (Bollinger) was very small. The Double bed would almost take 50% of the room size (not including the bathroom on the side). In such a small room, you survive a few days but you try to spend most of your time out of the room.
At 103 EUR (130 USD) per night you can expect something better...
* The Beach side was a real mafia. Imagine the hotel has only 14 beach beds to offer, for a full capacity of 50 guests. You get there early and you realize that all seats have been reserved by friends of the owners, or regular guests, who show up a lot later ....
The Staff is the one reserving these beds. Make sure you are on the LUCKY LIST if you want to enjoy the beach side.
As a Conclusion, I would say I will not return to la RESERVE.
The RED COCONUT next door would have been a much better choice I think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spending your vacation at La reserve will make your holiday dream come true, full of relaxing and partying, with nice ambiance that feels and brings you in paradise. Spend the night in their elegant rooms, and enjoy breakfast on your private balcony with garden views. La Reserve is ideally located for day trips. Spend the day exploring nearby towns or the natural attractions of Boracay Island, or simply relax at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your La Reserve Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.