“Quite disappointed...”

La Reserve Beach Hotel
Ranked #61 of 174 Specialty Lodging in Boracay
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed at LA RESERVE during 5 nights, at the end of December 2011 and spent New Year's Eve there. I really fell in love with Boracay and with White Beach, but really not that much with the hotel itself.

Let's start with the good things:

* The Location is the best. La Reserve is in the best spot of White Beach and the beach is just a few meters away from your room. This is a must.

* The Breakfast and food are also quite good. Even if it's also true for most places in Boracay.

The bad things:

* The staff doesn't seem to do much when the hotel owners are not there:
No greeting in the morning.... no smiles.... no service at ALL on the beach side.... I have never seen that in the Philippines, where service is usually at the top.

The only staff really professional was the security people in my opinion. Always ready to help.

* The Room we got (Bollinger) was very small. The Double bed would almost take 50% of the room size (not including the bathroom on the side). In such a small room, you survive a few days but you try to spend most of your time out of the room.
At 103 EUR (130 USD) per night you can expect something better...

* The Beach side was a real mafia. Imagine the hotel has only 14 beach beds to offer, for a full capacity of 50 guests. You get there early and you realize that all seats have been reserved by friends of the owners, or regular guests, who show up a lot later ....
The Staff is the one reserving these beds. Make sure you are on the LUCKY LIST if you want to enjoy the beach side.

As a Conclusion, I would say I will not return to la RESERVE.
The RED COCONUT next door would have been a much better choice I think.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank tandem45
There are newer reviews for La Reserve Beach Hotel

Reviewed February 8, 2011

This was one of the worst hotel experiences of my life and I don't understand how this place has so many good reviews. For 150 usd (quite a hefty sum in a country like the Philippines), we had a dirty room and a bed with a foam mattress. We were 3 girls staying in the deluxe room with attic, but we didn't realize before arriving that one of the "beds" was in the attic. I put "bed" in quotes because it's more like a giant round love-seat with a very thin mattress. To get up to the attic you have to climb ladder-like stairs and basically crawl in. The ceilings of both the main room and the attic were covered by loose fabric, which made the whole place really dusty. I was scared of touching the fabric on the way up to the attic being afraid of what creatures were breeding in there. The bed of the main room was also very poor quality, the mattress was thin and uncomfortable. I kept sliding toward the middle of the bed during the night. I was waking up with a back and neck ache every morning. They don't put the blanket in a cover, they only put a loose sheet underneath; I'm not sure if they ever change or wash the cover. The lighting in the room is really poor and I wonder if they do that to cover up the general run down look of the room.
This hotel is a total rip off. Friends staying in other beach-front resorts with nicer and cleaner rooms paid just a fraction of what we did.
If you want to enjoy your beach holiday and to keep your sanity, I suggest you move on, and book one of the other 200+ hotels on the island.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank miss_sunshine_11
Reviewed February 2, 2011

This is my worst experience , cottage is not clean, has no place to hang the clothes , agoda advirtise breakfast is include, yes there is breakfast inc, but they serve only bread , jam and tea, if you can call it breakfast. Agoda advirtise free wireless internet but this is only around reception service , not in your room. staff is not helpfull. you can have much better service and value of money any other hotel near by. their only care to milk the customers. stay away from this hotel otherwise you will regret it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leehoxton
Reviewed May 15, 2010

We stayed in La Reserve last February 2010( Chinese New Year ) and it's a great place to relax and enjoy Boracay. A little bit expensive but it's worth it. We stayed in the family cottage, 2 BDR complete with living , T& B and external verandah. Almost everything is perfect ,only the T&B and BDR has no door lock maybe it's designed really for family.two plasma tv and the tub with shower is ok.Clean and very peaceful. Even the guards are very accomodating as well as ladies on the front service. Breakfast is ok , western menu.Thanks for making our stay memorable.Sure to see you next year.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dohace
Reviewed September 11, 2007

I've found paradise. We were travelling in a group of 38 for a close friends wedding and after 38hours of travelling from birmingham we arrive at La resereve Resort just as the sun was setting WOW, it really is the best beach in the world as voted in travel magazines. When arriving in our room which was meant for 4 sharing wasn't ideal for two copules as there was no separation between bedrooms, but after the first night we moved rooms ans everything was perfect. breakfast was either served to your room on the balcony or in the restraunt. We couldn't fault the service the only problem we found was the money exchange in the hotel didn't change us dollar travellers cheques but we eventually found the tourist centre and changed the money no problem.
The rooms where great and cleaned to a high standard daily and security at night was to a high standard. We loved boracay and the accomadation at La Reserve.

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank richtaylor
A TripAdvisor Member
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 11, 2006

We stayed at La Reserve Beach Hotel (BEACHFRONT, Station 2 beside Red Coconut) for the duration of our stay of three days and two nights. It was quite expensive but well worth it. Our almost ten thousand pesos accomodation got us quaint villa. In front is a lanai that has a breakfast table that seats two person and a fancy hammock for lounging. We do our smoking there since hun knows that i don't like the after smell of yosi in our room. Inside you'll be greeted by a big sofa with a matching coffee table and refrigarator equipped with fancy french drinks and the normal filipino ones. The armor has no doors but that's ok since there is a safe provided for keeping the valuables, next to it is a small vanity desk and a mirror. And there's the bed. Queen size with supple sheets. Although the pillow was a bit narrow, i still felt comfy while sleeping and had no trouble on my neck when i woke up. :) Of course there is the cable tv with DVD! hehehe! too bad we didn't bring any flick with us. nevertheless you can rent their collection if bora becomes boring for you. :)

Now the bathroom, the bathroom has a big entry way since the door slides. welcoming is a big sink that holds all my kakikayan. it has a blowdryer for those who needs it. To its right is a huge heart-shaped bathtub (a special request from hunnie. hehehe!) and to the left is the onyx toilet. :) it was spectacular. very much like hotels here in Manila. Let's just say that I could spend my vacay just being in that room. :)

THE STAFF, well, you'll never see a more hospitable and cheerful staff than in LA RESERVE. they are ver y accomodating. for all the granduer of the place, there was never a hint of hautiness or discriminative in any of the staff. when i lost my wallet back in Antique, i had my passport delivered to the hotel even before we arrived. Miss Marisa has been very nice to take care of it for me also when my boyfriend got a scratch on this head, they immediately took care of it and provided the first aid. till the very last minute, the hotel staff has been very nice. :) they treated us like a family, foreigner or local. Definitely, a place we'll come back to. :)

The food, was pretty expensive for our budget. Food rages from 150 to 1000 pesos depending on what course. :) The breakfast was very good. I ate every bit served. :) btw, the packege includes free french breakfast every day. but i've seen the seafood grill they serve and it was tempting. :) A must-try on our next visit.

They also have money changer, great selection of champagnes and wines and ice-creams.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
tandag, philippines
Reviewed January 6, 2006

First thing, that i didn't liked these resort was the slow service to the guest at the LA Reserve restaurant, like when you're goin order something in the menu list, it takes an hour to wait. Terrible! And i don't like the room too, the thing the called a bed was a foam not a mattress. Perhaps you will pay $100-$140/night. I think it's too much for that stupid room. And the phone wasn't working so well.

• Stayed: January 2006